Birthday...

GTHunter

GT Owner
Feb 14, 2012
Houston, TX
Well today is my 16th birthday, and my father gave me the best present ever. A few days ago my sister pulled up in a 1974 Triumph TR6 Convertible, and surprised me with it. The car has seventy thousand miles on the clock, however the motor was rebuilt less than 1 thousand miles ago. The car needs a lot of interior and some minor electrical work. Im am so grateful to even have a car, let alone two! (My daily is a 2006 mustang v6, painted in windveil blue.) To add to my awesome gift, he had custom plates made for me reading "Huntr6" (my name is Hunter)! Below are some pictures of the pretty little roadster!
P.S. When I was 13 "THammonGT" (Tommy Hammon) promised that when I turned 16, he would let me take his GT for a spin! Guess what Mr.Hammon! I havent forgot! ;)
Screen Shot 2014-10-01 at 10.50.54 AM.jpg
IMG_0521.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0463.jpg
    IMG_0463.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 101

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Wow Hunter 16 years old. This is the same young man that at 13 years old at a big car show in Houston had to show others how to start my GT and move it into its show position. Everyone just stood there and had no idea as to start it. I learned this young man knew more about the Ford GT than anyone there. Its kinda hard trying to remember back that far about the comment I made when you reached the age of 16, but come on down to Texas City and drive my GT. I'd trust you over many others. Noone has ever driven it but me, not even Sue as she can reach the pedals. Congratulations Hunter on your Birthday and your new present. Many, many more in your future. PS I'll need to see your permanent drivers license before driving my GT. Your Buddy and Friend, Tomy

GTHunter

GT Owner
Feb 14, 2012
Houston, TX
Wow Hunter 16 years old. This is the same young man that at 13 years old at a big car show in Houston had to show others how to start my GT and move it into its show position. Everyone just stood there and had no idea as to start it. I learned this young man knew more about the Ford GT than anyone there. Its kinda hard trying to remember back that far about the comment I made when you reached the age of 16, but come on down to Texas City and drive my GT. I'd trust you over many others. Noone has ever driven it but me, not even Sue as she can reach the pedals. Congratulations Hunter on your Birthday and your new present. Many, many more in your future. PS I'll need to see your permanent drivers license before driving my GT. Your Buddy and Friend, Tomy

Sounds like a plan!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Congratulations on the TR6 - You'll have a lot of fun restoring and maintaining it! (Watch out for Lucas - it likes to bite hard) - :thumbsup

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Happy Birthday Hunter !! Sweet Gift !! I hope you and Tomy get it worked out !!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Congrats & happy birthday Hunter! What a cool dad!

Ed

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Always loved those TR's. Great gift. Now if you swapped that six for a 289...

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Excellent ! I had a TR6 and loved it ! Enjoy and happy birthday

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
And I had a Triumph GT6+ my senior year in high school (remember those? If not, google it). Have a great birthday, and be carefully with the gearboxes in those olde English cars (don't ask me how I know that)!

GTHunter

GT Owner
Feb 14, 2012
Houston, TX
Congratulations on the TR6 - You'll have a lot of fun restoring and maintaining it! (Watch out for Lucas - it likes to bite hard) - :thumbsup

I refer to Lucas as "The Prince Of Darkness"! LOL