Big Bend Here We Come

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Got the harnesses and fire extinguisher reinstalled for this year's BBORR. Running in the 140/168 class this year - 118 miles of public road at highly illegal speeds, can't wait!.
This year's trip will be with some buddies in their new GT350s, and will include lots of driving, should be around 2,000 miles in total.
No Donnymac this year (I think) so it looke like I'll be the only ne upholding the GT's honour

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 228

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...Running in the 140/168 class this year - 118 miles of public road at highly illegal speeds, can't wait!....

Watch out for deer, coyotes & rabbits!

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
Enjoy!! Sounds like a blast.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Big bend, you confused me for a moment, thought you were headed to Lime Rock.

Good luck have fun, be safe!

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I looked into doing this event a few years ago but all the rules and restrictions frustrated me. If I remember right your first year you were limited to some pretty low speeds so I never tried it.

I know some of you are familiar with the Terlingua event at Big Bend National Park that the Mustang guys put on every fall. There they get the states permission to have the sheriff department block off 10 miles of hiway 118 between Terlingua and Alpine for unlimited hi speed runs. No firesuits, harnesses or extinguishers. Just a helmet and you can go as fast as your car and your cajones will let you. It's a charity fundraiser but attendance is limited and sells out fast. I've had my GT down there but this year I've got one of the new Shelby Terlingua Race Team models on order so I'll take it.

Maybe not as safe as the BBORR but they have a lot of other events (drag race, slalom, cruise through Big Bend park, etc.)

Just one more reason to drive your car!

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
I am ready also Dave! The convoy out, 550 miles, should be a blast. Dave will be leading in his GT and we will have three GT350's following (a yellow, white and gray) followed up by a Laguna Seca. Ford Lovers dream. We should get a few stares and thumbs up!

Thugboat

Attachments

• gt350#2.jpg
    gt350#2.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 186

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
good luck gentleman, sounds like a blast.

Mar 15, 2006
Especially those west Texas jackrabbits - they are huge! Have fun!!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
fun Times !! enjoy and be safe !!

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 19, 2007
Frankfort Ill
My friend Stan will be out there with his 95 R. Actually a clone, as we had an off road excursion at the silverstate several years ago with the original one. I think its his 17 th year for this event, so pretty sure he can answer any questions you might have. Also, he's a mechanic, so that might be a handy ace in the hole. Tell him Steve said hi. Think he's running 135 solo. As nice a guy as you will meet.

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Good luck you guys and have fun as it's a great event and alwsys a great group of car people