Best comments made related to your GT

Cobraman

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2006
Likely not the "best" comment received, but kind of a compliment I think... I was at a neighbor's house, and he was standing with a friend of his. My neighbor said, "Beautiful car!" His friend said, "I'll bet this car is almost as fast as my neighbor's special edition SRT/8 300C Chrysler, of which only 300 were built. Not many people know about them." Yep, including me. :bs

Pipelion

Cobraman, :rofl :lol :willy :banana

Allan

neilhellr

GT Owner
Oct 14, 2005
Central IL
Pipelion,
I'm not sure what possessed this young man to expose himself and run directly at me, but I agree, I should go drive slow past some sororities, just to make sure it's not a widespread problem among America's youth. It has not been long since I graduated college, but maybe things have changed! HA.

-Neil
Heritage 0009

Pipelion

Neil,

If it goes national (trow dropping), and works for both sexes, no telling how impossible it might become finding anyone willing to sell thier Ford GT!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin :lol :biggrin :willy

Allan

Lgaruti

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Seminole, Fl
Not a word said

Yesterday I took the Gt to work and later picked up my wife for lunch. As we sat in the restaurant by a window of course (to keep an eye on the GT) a Honda SUV pulls up accross the street, stops and blocks a driveway. About 45 seconds pass then the drivers door opens and out climbs a frail woman in her 80's or so. She shuffels accross the street heading straight toward the GT. At first I thought her vision was so bad she was going to walk in to drivers side. Then she stopped bent over a bit more and looked into the drivers side window. Slowly she circumnavigated the GT inspecting every inch even bending further to read the inscription on the wheel center caps. Finally after rounding the GT she came upon the FORD script on the front. She jumped up almost erect waved her arms in the air and ran as quickly as an 80 + year old can to her Honda.
The Honda then drove away without any concern for traffic.
As we sat trying to guess at what had just happened the Honda reappears. This time on the same side of the road as the GT. It pulls up and stops in the traffic lane right next to it.
Now I fear she thinks it's her x-husbands VW or something and she's about to deface it.
I start to get up to go outside to prevent any damage when the Honda's passenger window opens and out peers a very ederly gentleman wearing the wrap around sunshades like Stevie Wonder.
He eyes the GT for a good 2-3 mins. Shakes his head approvingly, smiles and motions for the woman to drive off.
I've gotton the thumbs up and waves as we all have but I think this was the higest complement that FORD has gotton without a word being said.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
neilhellr said:
That is when I noticed that a young man was running down the middle of the street straight at me with his pants around his ankles yelling. Again, I had no idea how to respond to that or why on earth he would do that. HA. Definitely not the reaction I would have expected.

Oh yes it is. He was going to make love to it - isn't that what you also do? :biggrin

Fords4life351

Permanent Vacation
Mar 22, 2006
Colton, CA
I'm thinking that given the apparent age of the couple they knew of the original Ford GT40 and this brought back memmories. When ever I get my GT i will defenetly make sure kids get a good look at the car, and even let them sit in it, let them dream about this car and that way if they perhaps cant own the car in their lifetime, they can tell their children and grand children they sat in a Ford GT :wink

Lgaruti said:
Yesterday I took the Gt to work and later picked up my wife for lunch. As we sat in the restaurant by a window of course (to keep an eye on the GT) a Honda SUV pulls up accross the street, stops and blocks a driveway. About 45 seconds pass then the drivers door opens and out climbs a frail woman in her 80's or so. She shuffels accross the street heading straight toward the GT. At first I thought her vision was so bad she was going to walk in to drivers side. Then she stopped bent over a bit more and looked into the drivers side window. Slowly she circumnavigated the GT inspecting every inch even bending further to read the inscription on the wheel center caps. Finally after rounding the GT she came upon the FORD script on the front. She jumped up almost erect waved her arms in the air and ran as quickly as an 80 + year old can to her Honda.
The Honda then drove away without any concern for traffic.
As we sat trying to guess at what had just happened the Honda reappears. This time on the same side of the road as the GT. It pulls up and stops in the traffic lane right next to it.
Now I fear she thinks it's her x-husbands VW or something and she's about to deface it.
I start to get up to go outside to prevent any damage when the Honda's passenger window opens and out peers a very ederly gentleman wearing the wrap around sunshades like Stevie Wonder.
He eyes the GT for a good 2-3 mins. Shakes his head approvingly, smiles and motions for the woman to drive off.
I've gotton the thumbs up and waves as we all have but I think this was the higest complement that FORD has gotton without a word being said.

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Ford Vs Ferrari! Ford Wins!

I was coming home this afternoon when I stopped at the traffic light in front of gables estates ($10 million and up homes) and a light blue metalic (I don't know what the color is called) F430 spyder with the top down pulled up next to me to turn left into Gables Estates. The driver is this unbelievable looking brunette (I have seen her around town, SHE'S F-CKING HOT!), she inches up to get besides me, I look over she looks at me, gives me the thumbs up and tells me "hot car".

Thats nice. :thumbsup

Johnny Speed

GT Owner
Mar 2, 2006
Indiana
A couple weeks ago after a leisurely Sunday afternoon drive, I am parking the GT in the garage only to discover two guys in a pickup truck pulling into my drive directly behind me. They then ask my permission to step out and get an up close view of my GT as they have "never seen one in person". As they approach the GT, the one guy says to the other "see I told you, it's just like the one Alan Jackson drives in his video!” He then looks to me as if to confirm his analysis, so I replied "yep, it's just like Alan's except his is white". Thankfully, they were just a couple of polite, well meaning, car crazy guys...though I am somewhat concerned this might be an ongoing occurrence with the GT.

canuck

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2006
My five year old son turns to me as we are driving around and says "its a nice car dad but I think I like mom's car (MDX) better cause I can see where we are going." I guess I better start taking him for ice cream till he is a few inches taller. This way he will know where we are going. :lol

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Ice cream in Canada, during the winter? Drive him to Florida! That he'll remember.

CanuckGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 21, 2005
Victoria B.C., Canada
Ice Cream in Canada in the Winter

The nice thing about ice cream in Canada in the winter is you never have to worry about the kids having it melt all over the interior. Keep the heat off and the windows open. :biggrin

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
A few days ago when I was showing the car to good friend of the family, after all of the initial uhs and ahs, she asks me, "so is this one of those new electric cars?" :frown :smash

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
A few weeks back I'm driving with the Mrs on a local So. Cal. fwy at about 75mph. when I see a Ca. Hwy Patrol officer enter the road about a 1/4 mile ahead.
Checking my speed I start to slow when the wife says "I think the posted speed is 65". I'm thinking it could be 70 but she is probably correct.
I slow to 70 then 65 and it appears the CHP is pacing me and does the same.
Then it hits me that some work is being done a few miles back on this stretch of hwy and all construction zones are 55mph, posted or not.
So I slow even more as well does the officer. I say "Damn, I think I'm burnt"! She replies with just a wee bit of "Well everywhere you go you drive to fast....bla bla bla".
So now the CHP and I are continuing to slow 65 60 then 55 and still slowing (He is still 100ft ahead) when I look in the mirror and notice we're backing up traffic like too much paper backs up old plumbing.
Just as I go under 55 and realize it's time take my medicine like a man and pull over, the officer hits the breaks and slows WAY DOWN pulling behind the passenger side door and squaks over his public address system "I KNOW THAT CAR WILL GO FASTER THAN THAT, I JUST WANTED TO GET A GOOD LOOK. LETS GET GOING WERE HOLDING UP TRAFFIC"
He then grins, gives the thumbs up and exits the fwy.
The speed was 70mph. :bored

Pipelion

Steve,

that's a creepy story. I'm glad he enjoyed himself, but I don't like thinking I'm about to get pulled over. Glad you didn't get a citation.

Allan

PS I was driving back from Detroit at night. Just cleared the city and some a hole flys by at about 110mph and changed lanes and missed taking my front bumper off by inches, literaly. Besides getting freaked out I got pissed , because the traffic was so light, it was beyound stupid to drive like that( taking my bumper off), speed as long as you drive well.

Five minutes later, the traffic up ahead starts getting dense. I'm snagging through it and I notice a patrol car doing to the guy who almost tore my front end off, what the CHIP was doing to you. But unlike with you he was going to ticket him bad. When I reached the front of the pack they were doing about 45 mph. I stayed with them till they got to about 25. He finnaly pulled over. I was happy.

Last edited:

kosupply

GT Owner/Board of Directors
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 27, 2006
Houston
i had a similar thing happen in front of my house....kind of unnerving when not paying attention and you get out of your car and someone scares the *#$@* out ofya !!

RedGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 21, 2006
Foxfield, Colorado
The day after I bought my GT, I went to our company Christmas party in a downtown hotel. I was in line with 10-15 other cars waiting to valet when this young kid comes up and says he can park my car. I was amused by the fact that I was last in line and he skipped the rest. I told him that was okay but I wanted it parked somewhere where it wouldn't be nicked since I had just bought it the day before.

When we left, the GT is parked next to the lobby surrounded by orange cones so no one could touch it. Not bad treatment for a $20 tip. There were 20 people looking at it from another Christmas party and they were debating which movie star or athlete it belonged to.

While driving off my wife looks at me and says " that sure makes me feel better since you paid that much for a car with no coke holder".

biffom

GT Owner
Oct 9, 2005
Venice, CA
My new favorite - "I didn't know Ferraris were made by Ford"

NJF

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Took mine to an all Ford show on Sunday. It was non stop compliments and questions from spectators and those showing cars. My GT took best of show which was quite a compliment considering there wher several very nice Shelby's, Cobra's and Pantera's.

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
Here's one for you guys! I've had my car a little over a month now and I was stoked about taking it to the first local show of the year which is a real big event. I'm in CT so everybody had spring fever and we had a picture perfect 75 degree day for the show. While I'm answering a million questions about the car I see out of the corner of my eye this incredible blond with Daisy Duke shorts and a skimpy top on. She's practically drooling at the car so I make my way over to her and say "what do you think"? She looks at me and says "this car makes me want to have sex, is it yours"? I respond with "yes it is, but their are alot of people around". We both start cracking up and end up going for a ride. The funny part was how many people heard her say what she said and when I deadpanned my response alot of people started laughing also. One of those you had to be there moments. Okay okay I know the question is coming and the answer is we've been out since and had some good times. Is this car the epitomy of a chick magnet or what!!!!!!!!!!!