Best comments made related to your GT

canuck

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2006
The best comment I got so far was from a friend.

We were talking about the Ford GT and cars in general as we stood outside admiring the lines and look of the GT. He asked me how I felt about having to sell my Z8 to help finance the GT.

I replied it was kind of sad to see her go. He replied in a most understanding fashion "Yah, its like losing your high school sweetheart and now being stuck with having to go out with a supermodel. "

Pipelion

Yea, That's a great line. :biggrin :cheers :biggrin

Allan

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Since I don't have my car yet, I'm not qualified to provide any direct quotes. But I've had a long love affair (soon to be consummated!) :banana with the GT since news broke in 2002 and I've certainly heard and read a lot about the car. Probably one of the best descriptions I've ever read was in a car rag doing some comparisons of the GT with a Ferrari (perhaps a 430) and another car (not sure of the model, does it really matter?) in Richmond, VA. The cars and event were drawing a crowd, of course, but re: the GT, the author indicated that when people first saw the car they were literally running across highways and jamming their photo shoot. And then he said something to the effect that the GT was the real "Night of the Living Dead" machine, that the dead rise up from the grave to get a look. Loved it!

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
I’m sure we’re all getting a lot of attention from people who love these cars. I really like the “thumbs-up” I constantly get from other drivers when on the road. I had a really interesting stalker one the other day. I was leaving my house with my wife and we started down the road in a bit of a hurry. I realized I had forgotten something and turned around and headed back to my house when I noticed a guy in Benz wagon following me. When I pulled into my neighbourhood and up to my house he pulled right in behind me blocking me into my driveway. He jumped out of his car shouting “So you got one of these did ya!” He then grabbed my hand and started pumping it up and down like we were old army buddies who shared a bunker in Nam. He climbed into the car and started chatting with my wife and then told me he would stop by my house this summer for a ride! He insisted! He then drove away. My wife and I just starred at each other and shook our heads. People love this car for all the right reasons!

Rob

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Rob

That sounds ever-so-slightly scary! I'd move house before he comes back with his buddies.... :lol

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
I have never had them jump into the car univited, but have had them come and shake my hand and in some cases literally start drooling.

Then there are the others, gee what type of car is that (remember Ford is written on the side), is that a new Ferrari, is that one of them Italiam Lambos or whatever they are called, is that a new Corvette, is that one of those special show cars, etc etc. One guy kept trying to tell me it wasn't a Ford even after showing him the name on the side.

The women just think its very sexy.

Dave

DeaconBlues

GT Owner
Feb 7, 2006
New Mexico
GT was sitting at the coffee shop. Spiked hair, rings and spikes in ears, nose, lips, etc, 20-something stops and starts marching around the car, gesturing. I immediately go out to get between my new friend and the car. He's walking around the car, repeating, "This thing is off the chain, this thing is off the chain!" When he wanted me to start the car so he could smell the exhaust, I knew there were pharmaceuticals on board.:biggrin

Pipelion

Gierkink said:
I’m sure we’re all getting a lot of attention from people who love these cars. I really like the “thumbs-up” I constantly get from other drivers when on the road. I had a really interesting stalker one the other day. I was leaving my house with my wife and we started down the road in a bit of a hurry. I realized I had forgotten something and turned around and headed back to my house when I noticed a guy in Benz wagon following me. When I pulled into my neighbourhood and up to my house he pulled right in behind me blocking me into my driveway. He jumped out of his car shouting “So you got one of these did ya!” He then grabbed my hand and started pumping it up and down like we were old army buddies who shared a bunker in Nam. He climbed into the car and started chatting with my wife and then told me he would stop by my house this summer for a ride! He insisted! He then drove away. My wife and I just starred at each other and shook our heads. People love this car for all the right reasons!

Rob

Rob,

This is unbelievable, what a riot. Sounds so close to celebrity treatment ie. (they think the celeb. knows them, because they watched so many movies of the celeb,) what a tale. :biggrin

Allan

Like those other posts too!!!!!!

StuM

GT Owner
Dec 10, 2005
SoCal
Things thrown!

My wife doesn't like the panties which get thrown at the car when I drive it! Not at me, but at the car, I keep telling her!
Hey, can I use the nylon to wax the little beauty? :banana

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
StuM said:
My wife doesn't like the panties which get thrown at the car when I drive it! Not at me, but at the car, I keep telling her!
Hey, can I use the nylon to wax the little beauty? :banana

careful with nylon panties, they will scratch the finish.

best question asked to me, was what is the monthly payment on the lease :lol :lol ?? cracked me up

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
just a laugh riot...can't contain myself

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
I ordered my car the day after the car was first shown at the 2002 Detroit autoshow (gave a deposit anyway!) The car arrives n July '05 at a Vermont dealer. No gas in the car and dealer afraid to drive it so gives me a mobil gas card $100. i drive down the road into the mobil station (self service) and the attendant runs out with his cell phone camera to take a picture stating he will never see one again!! On the way home black SVT mustang tailgating then passes my first thought "here we go some fool already wants to race me" instead he pulls along side and gives a big thumbs up!! Two weeks later stoped by the police (speeding) instead the cop just wanted to check the car out!! I must say all reactions to the car have been nothing but positive!!

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
bony said:
careful with nylon panties, they will scratch the finish.

Yeah but you really have to watch out for those big cotton granny panties! :ack They may not scratch the finish, but they could really obscure what is already limited vision! :cheers

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Aside from the regular comments, the it looks better than any Ferrari, Lambo, etc, my favorite one was:

"How the hell did you keep a 40 year old car in such nice shape!" :confused :eek

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Best comment I haven't heard that I'm bombarded with when in a Lambo:

"Its not real, its a kit car..."

CanuckGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 21, 2005
Victoria B.C., Canada
Long Wait at the Drive-Thru ...

This isn't so much a comment as an amusing incident. I've had my GT home for only 2 days and already the strange things start to happen. I pull into a gas station for my first fill up and just as I get out of the car, this kid comes running across the street all out of breath. He says he never thought he would see a GT in real life, and and asks me if he can take a picture of the car with his camera phone to show his friends. He starts running around the car madly clicking pictures with his phone and then says he wishes he had more time to look at the car but he has to get back to work. It's then I notice he is wearing an A&W uniform and a headset. Across the street in the A&W drive through lineup are about 6 cars and as the kid starts running back across the street he clicks the headset box at his waist and says "Sorry for the wait, I'll just be another minute before I can take your order ..."

It looks like owning a GT is going to be more fun than I ever thought.

Last edited:

Pipelion

Abolfaz & CanuckGT,

Amazing posts!! All three 'True Classics' :cheers

Allan....................PS Gene too.

neilhellr

GT Owner
Oct 14, 2005
Central IL
Last night, I was driving down a busy road in town when a 3 series convertible pulls up next to me at a stoplight. The driver looks over at the car and asks "nice car, where did you get it?". I reply, "Thanks, from Ford". Now keep in mind, I'm a dealer, so I run dealer lic. plates on the car. He then asks, and this is no lie...."so it's a loaner, huh?" (he was as serious as can be). I didn't know how to respond.

Also last night, not really a comment, but a very, VERY strange reaction...
I was taking a friend home from dinner and she lives in the college area of town. After I dropped her off, I was driving back home and took a wrong turn down a dead end street. The street was packed with college kids partying outside (one of the first really nice days here). I got a few comments but the kicker came when I got to the cul-de-sac and turned around. That is when I noticed that a young man was running down the middle of the street straight at me with his pants around his ankles yelling. Again, I had no idea how to respond to that or why on earth he would do that. HA. Definitely not the reaction I would have expected.

neilhellr

GT Owner
Oct 14, 2005
Central IL
Another good one...

These cars are fun to drive but when you think about it, it's more interesting to talk about people's reactions to the car!

I was getting ready to leave work to go to dinner when I walk out of the building to find that someone has parked right in front of me and has me blocked in. I walk around to the drivers door the get in the car and make a phone call while I wait for the person to move their car.

This is when I find a man sitting in the drivers seat (of the GT) with his wife in the passenger seat explaining to her that the car will indeed go 220 as noted on the speedometer.

Keep in mind I work in a community of 2500 people so I rarely lock my cars when I park them, not to mention the car was parked up next to the building! Just a riot! I locked the car the rest of the night.

-Neil
Heritage 0009

Last edited:

Pipelion

Neil,

Quick, ... DR :biggrin P .... TR :biggrin W,... there goes a Ford GT. Hope that works at sororities too. :cheers

Please edit your "they were sitting in my GT" post. It's so good, but I almost missed it. It sounds like they were sitting in their car. This is unbeleavable, a British writer parked a red Ford GT at a big hotel in Vegas in the VIP parking, while getting lunch inside. Came out to find a couple sitting in the GT. They said sorry, "we thought it was a rental". This may be the same couple that you found in yours. :lol