Bendpak BL-5000XL Quickjack - Any users?

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Curious if anybody has used this Bendpak to work on their FGT. If so, please provide pro's/con's.

Thank you in advance :thumbsup

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Might be really hard to get the belly pans off the car - especially the mid pan.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Yeah....that was one of the challenges I surmised. I was curious if you could even get them underneath the car.

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
I walked into a friend's garage/warehouse yesterday who ows several sports cars (new and old 911, Focus, Viper, Corvette, etc.), he has one BendPak/Ranger QuickJack BL5000 on the floor to lift his cars about 16-20in. to change the wheels, wrap the cars before the race, fix spoiler scratches and detail the lower body. I think it is a pretty cool gadget. I was wondering if it would work on the 2005 GT since its jacking points are way inside...can the lift be placed as the other cars ?
Anyone here has seen one of these used on a GT ?
Thanks !

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I believe MAD in NC uses one.

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
Thanks fjpikul. Let's see if MAD can hear us...
Ah breaker, breaker one-nine, this here's the Rubber Duck. You gotta a copy on me, MAD, c'mon ?

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
You're probably aware that Bendpak isn't the only source for this type of jack...but, in case you're not; 'friend of mine owns one of these and swears by it. How the Bendpak unit would compare to it (strength-wise or price-wise) I have no idea, but, 'gotta admit the 'demo' vid at the top of this company's web page makes quite an impression:

https://www.quickjack.com/explore/quickjack-videos.html (FF to 1:20)

'Just threw this out there FYI...

Last edited:

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
Thank you Empty Pockets, QuickJack belongs to BendPak those are the ones I'm talking about. Does your friend put the GT on it ?
I spoke to a BendPak sales person today and he is not 100% sure to put a GT on them. I don't want to mess up the belly pans.
Thank you Awsum, saw those too but you can't take the wheels off or rotate them for inspection on that one.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
You are spreading the load over such a broad surface - let's say conservatively 3.5" x 48" for each ramp. (I'm thinking worst case is to lay a 2x4 - or a 1x4 - better still, so that you can designate where you want contact along the rockers.) so, surface area would be 48 x 3.5 x 2 = 336 square inches - or a load rating of ~10lbs per square inch. I don't think you'd have any issues at all with the GT.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Thanks fjpikul. Let's see if MAD can hear us...
Ah breaker, breaker one-nine, this here's the Rubber Duck. You gotta a copy on me, MAD, c'mon ?

Here Rock... I've the wide version of the BP- HD9 w rolling jacks... same effect but at any height i want..

this looks cool but with the FGT, as Kendall states, it doesn't look like mid pan would come off and the bigger question is do the "rails" line up with the jack point placement and width of the FGT?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
...QuickJack belongs to BendPak...

I'd wondered how 'twas one or the other hadn't sued over the name!

...Does your friend put the GT on it ?

No, sir. 'Doesn't own one.

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
Thank you Mad in NC.
This is exactly what I was looking for !! A movable lift. Didn't know they have an optional wheel kit to move it around in my garage. Perfect !
Merry Christmas to you too, haha.

https://youtu.be/RoUoSKoIb14

Last edited: