Beeping noise from dash.

fecarman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 18, 2007
I took my GT out for a little exercise program last night. I drove the car about 30 miles on the freeway. As I drove home through my subdivision at about 30 miles an hour, I started getting a muted beeping sound from the dash area. The gauges were all working and there were no indicator lights on. The beeping sound was intermittent. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Door, hood, or trunk not entirely latched. Sometimes the flashing warning light is really fast.

Tomcat

GT Owner
Turn signal beep?

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
99.9999% chance that your front bonnet is open. It bobs up and down a little bit and sets off that beeping. Simply open and frimly close the bonnet.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
99.9999% chance that your front bonnet is open. It bobs up and down a little bit and sets off that beeping. Simply open and frimly close the bonnet.

Yep. Beep but no door ajar light. Engine cover can do same thing.

They looked closed but aren't. Try lifting up on them. If they move, recluse them. No more beep.

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Assembly worker left a alarm wristwatch attached to framework under the dash.:wink

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Try your wipers. If they only run fast, you have an open trunk. Read your manual.

fecarman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 18, 2007
Thanks guys, I found the problem. The not so bright owner left the trunk lid loose. I was trying to think too deep on this one. I thought it was some major catastrophe under the dash. In my case, I usually think the worst and it comes true.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Yep. Beep but no door ajar light. Engine cover can do same thing.

They looked closed but aren't. Try lifting up on them. If they move, recluse them. No more beep.

+1 The front does look closed even when its not latched. Vibration and road bumps make it go on and off. The good news is you can find the answer to any question or problem immediately on this forum.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I had an intermittent clicking sound from my dash before my last OEM gauge died.

Ed

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
Ive had the intermittent beeping as well and the rear was just not tight.
Maxed out the adjustment and added some washers and good.
Now I have issues when I turn the lights on the door open light comes on.
I also have the de-mister light come on as well when I tap the brakes...
Whats the deal, something has gone south. Not sure if its tied into me having a faulty/broken rear light but the lights been out for near two years?

Stuart

TM328

GT Owner
Oct 21, 2009
New England
I had the same problem and thought it was the engine cover. Did not know what is was until I went over 100mph and the front bonnet
started to lift on it's own.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I've had both. My clam needs a good slam. Otherwise I get a constant door ajar light and beep. If the beep is intermittent, I know it's the trunk lid. I just let it drop shut from about 1 1/2 feet open. It's a Ford!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I've had both. My clam needs a good slam. Otherwise I get a constant door ajar light and beep. If the beep is intermittent, I know it's the trunk lid. I just let it drop shut from about 1 1/2 feet open. It's a Ford!

I'm not shy about giving them a good gravity boost. I drop the clam shell and trunk from about 8-10", maybe a tad more. It gives them a good seating. Less and I've had the clam shell give me the light. I've never had the trunk beep without a light though.

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
Not sure why the two light light up when I touch the brakes, something fishy there.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.

I had the same problem with the clamshell not seating well on the drivers side. I really am not a fan of slamming and after adjusting the bumper it now closes pretty easy. I can lower it down and push above the hinge and it lock in place. The passenger side requires much less pressure and locks down very easy. Same issue with the trunk lid dropping seems the only way to lock it securely.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Gary...you'll have to show me how you did the adjustment. It's driver side on mine as well.

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
I wonder why the "warning" lights only come on when I tap the brakes.
Some how their getting activated with the brakes being applied.

Not heard this before.

Stuart..

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
This is what I see every time I touch the brakes.

SA

Attachments

• IMG_1399.jpg
    IMG_1399.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 102

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I'm no expert, but in general those kind of gremlins are often caused by a bad ground.