Battery Recommendation

DWR46

GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 20, 2008
The original Ford battery (Optima) is a TOP terminal battery. The reason I bought the DT (dual terminal) battery is that it appeared to be a similiar size, and I could get 850 CCA as opposed to smaller CCA available locally in other batteries. I used the top terminals, since the GT battery cable connectors are for a standard top terminal battery.

kmillen

Jan 29, 2007
Just got off the phone with a distributor for Odyssey. I have some good news and some bad news.

They are interested in offering special pricing for a group buy however their discount is not going to be very much. Also, they only have the dual terminal batteries in stock and they will not order anything else because they want to blow through their inventory first.

I still need to contact Odyssey direct to see what they say so I hope to have more information soon.

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
i need a new battery

in for odyssey pricing

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
This link is to the owners manual which gives you a nice chart of all the dimentions and specs.

Also the last page has direct info for contacts.
http://www.odysseybatteries.com/files/US-ODY-OM-006_0208.pdf

Link to different models
http://www.odysseybatteries.com/applications/auto.htm

Summit Racing pricing.
http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?N=700+115+400109&D=400109

Hope this info is of some help.:thumbsup

Tom

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
Which one looks like the best replacement?

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
Odyssey battery

The Odyssey 34-PC-1500 should fit !!!:thumbsup

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
I would be in for a battery!!!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Sorry for being late to the dance,.. my battery is still holding up. However, dependent on the savings of a group buy I might be interested. Is this battery a gel battery like the Optima? Will it go stale if I just put it with the other stash of spare parts?

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California

I'm in for two..........Thanks, GO BLU

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Bony, pack it in the warehouse. The fumes alone will keep it highly charged.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Sorry for being late to the dance,.. my battery is still holding up. However, dependent on the savings of a group buy I might be interested. Is this battery a gel battery like the Optima? Will it go stale if I just put it with the other stash of spare parts?

Bottom of page 7 of owners manual, link click here http://www.odysseybatteries.com/files/US-ODY-OM-006_0208.pdf
PDF so I cannot copy and paste.
2 year storage with no charging if on the shelf.In the Gt because the onboard computer power drain you should keep it charged.

Been using these guys even before the name change when I had to get them through military.

1/2 the weight and size and twice the life. My old small 1000 amp is still working 9 years later......

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Thanks Tom and Frankie,...
I am in...
Sitting in LAX, trying to get home.... Mikie introduced me to the new Sully Cocktail,
Two shots of Grey Goose and a splash of water,,,... I have had four already :)

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
I started using Optima batteries several years back mainly to help with car audio systems. I've had varying experiences with them over that time. The main finding for me with them is that they don't like sitting around unused over long periods, like when a car is the shop for weeks at a time getting work done. Their life will be shortened significantly. But if you use them in day to day applications or keep them topped up, they seem to hold up much better.

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Thanks Tom and Frankie,...
I am in...
Sitting in LAX, trying to get home.... Mikie introduced me to the new Sully Cocktail,
Two shots of Grey Goose and a splash of water,,,... I have had four already :)

Yikes, watch that first step off the bar stool!

John

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Yikes, watch that first step off the bar stool!

John

...at this point wouldn't he pbly hafta pull himself back up ON the 'stool before he could step off? :willy:biggrin

getbit

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 15, 2006
Austin, Texas
I'm interested in Odyssey battery group purchase.

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
Anyone seen the Braille Batteries yet??

Lightweight carbon fiber racing batteries!

Very cool!

http://www.braillebattery.com/

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Well, there you go, Bony!

'Bout th' only CF item you don't have to this point! :lol

kmillen

Jan 29, 2007
OK guys I finally heard some good news from Odyssey.

There is a distributor for Odyssey batteries in Corona, California. They are very interested in working with the GT community on this however there is no way for STILLEN to actually be a part of the process. Unfortunately there just isn't enough margin in it and by the time we actually sell these, we'll be losing money.

So, the best way to handle it is to go directly to the source. The distributor is "West Coast Batteries" and their phone number is 888-379-2555, ask for a guy named Tony. I suggested that perhaps a local owner could go down and do a test fit just to make sure that the battery will fit perfectly in the tight space inside the GT. They agreed and would be willing to arrange a test fit session.

If we can get 10 members together you can get a special price break.

Thanks!

Kyle

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I'd buy one.

John