Barrett Jackson GT dinner in Scottsdale.

kjslider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 1, 2006
socal
Sounds like I missed a great time:frown

Guys, you need to "post up" whatcha bought after you win the bidding!!!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I've been watching for hours and haven't seen any of our brethren yet. Must not have gotten past the bar with Bony.

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Just got back from "dinner No. 2" thanks to Chip again! Had a great time visiting with everyone last night and tonight. The Yellow GT, "no options" is truly a sight to behold - way to go Larry! There is a blue/white stripes car in the auction. It will be interesting to see where it falls out. Thanks Rich (GT Tech) for all the great info about our favorite car. Goodnight all:cheers

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Thanks to chip and Larry and everyone responsible for the great evening. This GT group is unlike any other organization of car guys. You keep meeting "instant" good friends.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Just got back from "dinner No. 2" thanks to Chip again! Had a great time visiting with everyone last night and tonight. The Yellow GT, "no options" is truly a sight to behold - way to go Larry! There is a blue/white stripes car in the auction. It will be interesting to see where it falls out. Thanks Rich (GT Tech) for all the great info about our favorite car. Goodnight all:cheers

Dave when is it going up? My HDTivo is soaking up the entire event.

Last edited:

GordonWolf

Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 26, 2006
Las Vegas
B-J Dinner

Thanks Chip!
Even though Piccola abused us most of the time, we really enjoyed the ribs and meeting more GT owners...
Big thumbs up to you and Larry! :thumbsup
Gordy Wolf

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
I will reiterate what Chip said at the dinner.

The stuff that we have done with the GT group, both locally and out of town, has been such a blast. The gatherings have been great - wonderful people. No pretentious crap, just down to earth car guys and gals. Like Kirby said, I keep meeting new good friends, and then there are the "old" friends from the rally and other times (like aloha DBK).

Congrats Gordy on the new car (newest member of the GT-2 club). Bony, thanks for the great dinner conversation.

John Gourley - nice to see you again (he was one of my rides in Detroit when I was thumbing). Hope to see you in March.

Kirby, James, John, Michele, Dave, Chris, Kurt, Tomy, Wayne (too many to list) - thanks for coming. It IS the combination of the people that is unbeatable.

And you really know it is fun when Piccola can't spell drinks right :thumbsup

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
I've been watching for hours and haven't seen any of our brethren yet. Must not have gotten past the bar with Bony.

Frank, what the heck? Didn't you see me waving to you from the front? I even went up on stage by the cars!!! :biggrin As far as Bony goes... You'll have to excuse him. :lol He found the bidder's bar & never made it past there... :rofl :cheers :banana

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Thanks Chip!
Even though Piccola abused us most of the time, we really enjoyed the ribs and meeting more GT owners...
Big thumbs up to you and Larry! :thumbsup
Gordy Wolf

Too much fun!!!! :thumbsup Gordy, trust me, that wasn't abuse! Had there not been a security guard watching us when I dragged you outside... Well, I'm sure you can use your imagination. :rofl Thanks for entertaining us during the dinner. :biggrin And Chip, you did a wonderful job organizing BOTH dinners! We all had an amazing time! Can't wait to see y'all again soon! :cheers

MJ

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Too much fun!!!! :thumbsup Gordy, trust me, that wasn't abuse! Had there not been a security guard watching us when I dragged you outside... Well, I'm sure you can use your imagination. :

Dinner AND a show for the price of one admission - doesn't get any better than that :wink

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
What's going on tonight? We're heading into Scottsdale right now in a ghetto Dodge Magnum...

PHXGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
The Blue w/ White stripes just went for $150,000 with another 8% buyer commish. That's $162,000!!! Not bad for 2005 with 2006s still on the showroom floor.

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Dave when is it goping up? My HDTivo is soaking up the entire event.

It went this evening about 6:15 pm. Brought a top bid of $150K (that's $138K net to seller and $162K gross to buyer):eek
edit (Sorry, Larry - you beat me by a couple of minutes)

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I don't know what auction you guys are at, or what you're drinking, but there is a 10% commission both ways, 12% if your not there and bidding by phone or internet. Wish you guys would get it right for a change. Now, where are you all, really? Some bar or topless club?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I looked at Barrett Jackson's web site, 8% on a no reserve auction. So buy sell roundtrip will have a cost of 18% (10% buyer, 8% seller) minimum. Very poor transaction cost for any investments. So buy a car to enjoy, not to invest. There much better investments out there! Would you buy stocks, or buildings with these type of sales cost?

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
I don't know what auction you guys are at, or what you're drinking, but there is a 10% commission both ways, 12% if your not there and bidding by phone or internet. Wish you guys would get it right for a change. Now, where are you all, really? Some bar or topless club?

Hi Dr. Pickle!!! Missing you out here! :wink Even though we get 10 free drinks/day/auction :biggrin I'm sober enough to say that it's "only" 8% plus the fee of being in the auction. The GT did better than we thought it would. A lot of the cars have been going for well below market value. It's been incredibly great for buyers & terrible for sellers (overall). Cars that a couple of years ago were selling for $150K are now going for $100K... Tomorrow I'll be on stage drinking :lol & trying to talk some of the heavy hitters into buying cars they had no intention of buying.:rofl Doing my part to help the auciton!:banana FYI Dr. Pickle... I'm the girl in the black cap. :wink

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Well, the TV guys are saying different, and they are sober enough to spell correctly. Big Brother is watching. If you really want us all to see you for sure, be a flirt and lift your shirt.

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Well, the TV guys are saying different, and they are sober enough to spell correctly. Big Brother is watching. If you really want us all to see you for sure, be a flirt and lift your shirt.

Thanks for watching Big Brother! :biggrin What are the TV guys saying? Maybe I'm wrong? :bored If you go to Barrett Jackson's web site under consignment, it says "no reserve 8% w/min commission of $500". I just checked to see if what I had been told (& wrote) is correct. Which were you disagreeing with? The other info I wrote came from comparing what was listed in the price books vs what the actual selling price, & of course conversations w/Bony & a couple of other buyers/auction guys we spoke to... :willy I'm just trying to soak up info from these guys - lot's of interesting stuff! We saw probably 15 cars in a row sell for $10-$30K less than what the seller might've expected, though a few did quite well! What do I know? Maybe those were the only ones where the sellers walked away disappointed... Either way, we are having a blast out here (that's my specialty). :banana This is my first real auction experience & it's absolutely wild! Today will be a great day!!!:banana I'll wear my Ford GT jacket for you today Frank...no skirt :biggrin

Last edited:

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Bony and I were talking about flat prices at dinner the other night. I told him that what I have seen in other auctions (I do antiques as a side business) is that when there are lots of the same type of item, the best pieces still will bring good money since the true collector or museum will fight for those, but the rest of the stuff tends to get mediocre prices as the bottom feeders wait for a bargain. So, bringing that into B-J, say you have 50 1962-67 Corvettes. The top 5 will get real money. Most of the rest will be mid line, and the rest will be bargains. It is hard for the market in any item to absorb too many of one thing at a time - there are only so many buyers at premium prices, but many buyers at bargain prices. Money is paid when the item is desirable and in short supply because you don't know when you will get another chance. Well, when you have 49 other chances ..............

Remember the old B-J had a variety of cars, so lots to choose from and not an over abundance of any one type. Now, I think every Corvette, Barracuda, Camero, and Mustand ever created (and re-created) was there.

Just my .02 - we'll see overall what the results are and if my ideas hold up.

And, but the way, I vote with fjpikul for a flash :thumbsup

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Dinner Thank You

Chip - Larry - et al

Thanks for your efforts in getting the dinner together. Thank you to the staff @ Don & Charlie's. They did a great job all night long.

So nice to visit with the "old" GT friends from Dearborn and to meet some new GT friends. Wish I had more time to visit with everyone.

Somehow it figures that Bony & Piccola started early
and stayed late. :cheers

See you all at Indy.

p.s. DBK --turned over 20k last night 15 miles east of Houston.
Should be near 26k by the time I get home in April
Really nice to see your Honey again. :wink
Rgds Jeff

Last edited: