Awesome track day

Demolition Man

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 29, 2006
danville, CA
Well I just got back from my weekend of racing at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma Ca. The GT performed great. The Hoosiers I have on the car never lost grip. The power and handling were awesome. The short shifter and rear diff cooler are a must. I can't wait to get back on the track. For those of you who are thinking about tracking your car,this is the only way to get the full experience of what this car was built for. The a/c in the car also came in handy while waiting on the grid for the track to clear. My vote for the next rally would be to get in a track day at whatever venue we agree upon.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
DMan,
Do the Hoosiers have a limit to thier effectiveness (ie. Heat cycles) or can you just run them till they wear out and expect about the same grip level through out thier wear life? What brake pads are you using ?

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
I saw your car and took a few picts of your Hoosiers :) hehe they looked in pretty good condition! Infineon is a blast.

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
Infineon

Along with the 2 GT's racing on Saturday, there were a group of 14 GT's gathered to enjoy the event. The Shelby Club had an area next to the winners circle that we were all parked in. We were also able to do several laps with the GT's only and then it opened up for all to do parade laps. Quite a day infineon 9/23

Demolition Man

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 29, 2006
danville, CA
Hoosiers held up great. Ran 35psi all the way around and with the exception of some rubber deposits on the tread, they look like they have very little wear. Brake pads are Porterfield R-4. Ph #949 548-7783

2005gt

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Great event. Mind-boggling caravan we had, 10 GT's on the freeway on the way over. I took some insane pictures! Then when I got home my wife pointed out that I had the damn digital camera on black & white mode!

The parade laps were getting progressively faster...it's a good thing they kicked us off after 5 laps. They said keep it under 60, but I was able to sneak in a lot of good 40-to-100 blasts. Surprised I couldn't dust that 500 HP Cobra behind me...I was only barely pulling away in 2nd.

Thanks to Dr. Simms for putting this together. First class every time!

We need to get together more often. Too much fun!

Craig

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2006
San Diego
It was nice to meet some of you at Sears Point. The weekend and weather was great. I put on over 180 track miles on the car with no problems and loads of fun (Red #19). The car did get warm in the afternoons, 220-235 degrees. I had raced on the track at Wine Country Classic a couple of times in a GT-350, but never got enough track time to get comfortable with the track. Now I can't wait for the next Wine Country. :banana

Craig

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
A blast at Sears Point/Infineon Raceway

Demo Man & Craig - I enjoyed watching both of you flogging the GTs around the track. It was cool. I'll be there October 6 for a TMR Open Track with my GT.www.trackmasters-racing.com Thanks for throwing in with us cruisers for the GT parade lap. 15 GTs bumper to bumper on the track was a breathless sight.

Ed

P.S. I swear that Superformance GT40 could fit in the front boot of our GTs!

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
I had a great track day in Sonoma, the track is awesome and the GT I drove really liked it there. Glad ot know you had a blast :biggrin