Autometer Replacement Gauges

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Has anyone purchased the new gauges from Autometer ? If so, could you please comment-(fit, finish, noise, colors, price etc...), thanks.

Bill Briley

GT Owner
Aug 9, 2005
Valley Forge PA.
Got a Temp. gauge this week. Looks exactly like the OE.
Installation next week.

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Does anyone know if they are going to offer the tach or speedo ?

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
No Tach or Speedo, unless Ford helps with the development cost, just what I was told by Autometer's rep who took my order for the rest of the newly improved gauges, he said Feb 2015 delivery, nothing came in yet.

How come when I go to the Autometer web page, these replacement gauges are not shown?

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
I also need a temp gauge to replace the one in my current set. The GT Guys are changing mine to Speedhut in Atlanta but want to replace before I put up the originals.

GT101

*UK Support*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 20, 2010
Colchester, Essex, UK
We received a batch of gauges this week from Autometer and we've just fitted the first today. The external appearance is identical to the original units as others have said. In my opinion the illumination on the new units is a tiny bit brighter than the existing gauges - this might be down to the fact that the others are ten years old. The gauge works fine as you'd expect. We've got another to fit this afternoon.

One other thing - the packaging direct from Autometer is a lot better than the gauges usually arrive from Ford.

Dave

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
One of my clients has a bad speedo. He contacted Auto-Meter, and was told replacement gauges were available, but they would not sell directly to the public. Strictly through a Ford dealer. Seemed strange to me as small gauges are available directly. Scottsdale dealer wanted nothing to do with it, so I contacted Torrie. (TC Mcphail) He said he can get one so I put the two together. Waiting to see if it works out. I will report on the progress.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
One of my clients has a bad speedo. He contacted Auto-Meter, and was told replacement gauges were available, but they would not sell directly to the public. Strictly through a Ford dealer. Seemed strange to me as small gauges are available directly. Scottsdale dealer wanted nothing to do with it, so I contacted Torrie. (TC Mcphail) He said he can get one so I put the two together. Waiting to see if it works out. I will report on the progress.

Sounds fishy to me. I'm guessing that employee had no idea what they were talking about. But definitely keep us updated on this, Rich.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Sounds fishy to me. I'm guessing that employee had no idea what they were talking about. But definitely keep us updated on this, Rich.

Doesn't sound fishy at all. The Tach and Speedo are ONLY OEM pieces - they did not re-make these. As such, by contract they cannot sell directly but only through Ford.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV

Autometer is making AM direct aftermarket replacents for the small gauges. The speedo and tach are still Ford parts. The second hand interpretation of what AM told the customer is "Ford is still the source for the speedo and tach". They are still the "old technology" and have just as much of a chance of failing as one already installed.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Doesn't sound fishy at all. The Tach and Speedo are ONLY OEM pieces - they did not re-make these. As such, by contract they cannot sell directly but only through Ford.

Got it. The implication (at least from how I read it) was these were redesigned speedos and tachs. If it's the same OEM crap, then it makes sense.

I'll repeat my earlier message .... how come I can't find the GT gauges listed on the Autometer web site?

EasyEric

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Florida and Georgia USA
I'll repeat my earlier message .... how come I can't find the GT gauges listed on the Autometer web site?

Same here.

I need the fuel gauge and boost gauge (I also need the Speedometer but apparently that is only available through Ford).

Does anyone have the part numbers for the Autometer boost and fuel guages?

Thanks!

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
I know it's difficult for some in the digital/Internet age, but you have to actually pick up the phone and order it from them. It is not on the website. This has been stated before on several occasions.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I know it's difficult for some in the digital/Internet age, but you have to actually pick up the phone and order it from them. It is not on the website. This has been stated before on several occasions.

So this sets up a perfect Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy scenario. Gauges are available (the Earth is going to be destroyed) but the notice is only available on the forum (the notice was posted in Alpha Centauri). :) Non-forum members with broken gauges are left in the dark.