Audi R8

gtforme

GT Owner
Apr 12, 2009
Guys

I am still looking for that daily driver car that gets my blood pumping

I have considered the BMW M3 but there are just to many 328 and 335 and that has ruined the bling factor of the M3

I am now considering the R8 and was wondering if any of you have had one or have one and could comment on the the following

- daily driver yes / no
- performance
- maintenace costs
- is this car an attention getter, I AM SURE IT DOES NOT EVEN COME CLOE TO THE GT but what does ??

Anyone here have one for sale ??

Anyone suggest another daily driver option ??

Thanks

Rob

zach05855

GT Owner
Oct 16, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
My daily is a Jaguar XKR-S same HP and Torque as the GT. all scheduled maintenance included. Sounds great, and is a beautiful car to look at and drive, very limited production (500 units world wide)

Last edited:

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
A friend Drives one for a few months now. Daily driver yes, Performance is great, maintenance unknown, yes it's a Car for an Attention whore :)

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Corvette C6, Z06, ZR1 are all good options

29mpg; largest sportscar trunk on planet; good insurance rates

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Best Argument for the R8. It has a Real Suspension, curvy mountain roads will be your New and best friends. Also interior quality should be higher. But to be sure Test drives wouldn't hurt :)

dtomaso1

GT Owner
Dec 6, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
I drive the r8 4-5 times per week, sometimes for commute. I opted for the 6 speed and am glad i did. This car
is very refined, has a tight feel to it and is exciting to drive. Everything works perfectly. Lots of power, and revs quite fast. Great road handling. Many options to choose from.
I love the sound and the view of the lambo engine. Yes it is an attention getter, but not lke the gt. There are more drivers that seem to want to race by the car to get attention. Ok here it goes...i enjoy this car as much as the gt, but for different reasons. Did i just say that?

T

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
The R8 gets many bonus points for this:

ag_08r8_shifter.jpg

andreikoc

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2013
I have 2011 Porsche 911 Turbos S with PDK. Really hard to beat and doesn't attract too much LEO. Blindingly quick 0-60 in under 3 seconds, completely docile with great AC.

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
LOVE the gated manual.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I know a oncologist with one. He bought it used and it had a lot of issues in the first 6 months or so and it was at the dealer a lot, maybe more than he had it.

He says the last year since then it has been wonderful. He daily drives it. He says that it has grown on him a lot and that he will likely keep it.

He had a Porsche Cayman S before it, that he enjoyed for about 3 years.

I did the Audi R8 (V8) Driving Experience Event at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma and had a blast. Didn't like the automated transmission, but it was still overall very enjoyable to experience the R8.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
LOVE the gated manual.
Sadly a thing of the past, like the horse drawn carriage.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I have an R8 as my daily driver. well ever since my sister borrowed my G Wagon and never returned it. :) so for the past couple of years, ive put over 20K miles on it. I didnt intend to drive it as much as I do but the car is simply amazing as a daily. everything you want, possibly the most civilized exotic and the easiest to live with everyday. its lacking a bit of power but thats relative, and i have the 8 cyl not the big bad v10 so trading up might solve some of those shortcoming. the other interesting thing about the r8 is how little it has depreciated, I went to trade mine in a few months ago and I was shocked to find out how much it was still worth even with more than 20K miles on it.

R8 001.jpg

Last edited: