One set please, Kendall. Thanks, AC

EUROKLR

GT Owner
Feb 17, 2006
Hi Kendall, I would like two sets.
Thanks, Tom

Accufab

Mar 14, 2006
I already have ARP making the bolt kit for the half shafts. The delivery date is a couple weeks away. We have already received the outer bolts and are only waiting on the inner bolts. We have already made the large washer as well out of a higher grade material and a higher rockwell hardness and thicker too. All of the fasteners have lock wire provisions and are black oxide coated.

In addition to this, we are looking at a billet replacement axel flange to replace the stock unit. After careful evaluation, most of the failures are related back to the original soft washer however, the splines fit too loosely on the transaxle and that is going to constantly work against any bolt and washer replacement.

I will post when the bolt kit is available once I talk with ARP. And for the axel flanges, we are just waiting on the factory blueprint so we can get spline data.

Thanks,

John Mihovetz
Accufab Inc

RSR1975

GT Owner
Sep 11, 2006
Yardley, PA
I'm in for the bolts

I'm in for the bolts

Derry

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
buffalo, NY
Is the tensile strength and hardness of the ARP bolts known? Thanks.

Derry

Gimbal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 11, 2007
Queenstown, New Zealand
John Mihovetz, Do you have any idea what kind of axial loading the hub would see in a worse case sceanrio? I was told by Ford the CV joint near the tranny slides axially and therefore I would assume there is no large axial loads. I am thinking of adding a needle thrust bearing to allow the play between the hub spline and axle splines preventing bolt head loading. This bearing would be placed outside the thick washer if there is room within the hub.

gtracer

GT Owner
Oct 13, 2006
Homer Glen, IL.
I'm in for a set

prmoldoaks

GT Owner
Jul 31, 2006
Add a set for me please

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
I would also like a set. Thanks for the help. This forum is incredible!!

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Three sets.

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
John

I called you last week about this, BUT you didn't returned my call. I talked to ARP about the 8740 Chrome Moly (Yield Strength = 160,000 psi and Tensile Strength = 190,000 psi) and the ARP2000 (Yield Strength = 180,000 psi and Tensile Strength = 215-220,000 psi) 12-Point M8-1.25x34mm Bolts, drilled for Safety Wire. What Bolts do you have comming??

AMB

paulo5656

GT Owner
Feb 18, 2006
Put me down for two sets

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
If I install the new ARP halfshaft bolt kit, will that void the warranty, if, God forbid, I should have a future halfshaft failure? Will Ford back these non-Ford parts. I ask in case the cause of the failure really isn't due to inadequately strengthened bolts.

No, Federal Law is very clear, they would have to prove by changing the bolts you effected another part of the car.

machone

GT Owner
Nov 1, 2006
one set Thanks

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
If I install the new ARP halfshaft bolt kit, will that void the warranty, if, God forbid, I should have a future halfshaft failure? Will Ford back these non-Ford parts. I ask in case the cause of the failure really isn't due to inadequately strengthened bolts.

Vince, please make no mistake that the root cause is due to inadequately strengthened bolts. It's not. The culprit is the "presumably improper" play in the coupler/halfshaft connection. So, the real question is if very high strength bolts can sufficiently overcome this presumed design error. It's possible that they will, and it's also possible that they don't. I wish I could say for sure. What is increasingly clear, however, is that there is NO adequate fix that exists as of this writing.

In answer to your other question, there's no conceivable way Ford could make an issue with your waaranty if you have installed superior parts in your car. Not a chance.

pbear

Dec 29, 2006
California
I am in for one set.

Thanks for doing the work on this fix.

Tungsten

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 22, 2006
Atlanta
I'm In

Guys, I will take a set as well. Thanks for running with this option.
Don:thumbsup

RedGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 21, 2006
Foxfield, Colorado
I would like two sets also. Thanks.

FLY GT40

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2006
So. Ca.
Kendall