"around the world in a ford gt"

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Its official, once I return from Amelia Island the "SILVER 360 GT" will be going back to Texas the third week of march getting ready for transport to Amsterdam........
Anyone wanting to get involved with the new book, just show up at Nardos get together, and away it goes........
Till then, Lucas Ford will see new company with 360.....
Tomorrow I will post once everything is done.......stay tuned, Nardo and I are driving through 8 countries in 10 days, including historic LeMans, nurburg ring and many more.......gtjoey1314.....Nardo this is real history, im getting pumped big time.......gtjoey1314

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Couldn't resist bumping the thread being the 39,500th view..

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Couldn't resist bumping the thread being the 39,500th view..

Mostly by the same two people.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Mostly by the same two people.
And both of us living the dream my friend.

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
Its official, once I return from Amelia Island the "SILVER 360 GT" will be going back to Texas the third week of march getting ready for transport to Amsterdam........
Anyone wanting to get involved with the new book, just show up at Nardos get together, and away it goes........
Till then, Lucas Ford will see new company with 360.....
Tomorrow I will post once everything is done.......stay tuned, Nardo and I are driving through 8 countries in 10 days, including historic LeMans, nurburg ring and many more.......gtjoey1314.....Nardo this is real history, im getting pumped big time.......gtjoey1314

See you during Amelia Island bud!

Lance

KurtGT

GT Owner
Apr 16, 2010
Woodbury NY
Nardo's right- You two dudes are indeed living the GT dream.. But watch out on turn 14 at N'ring- I hear its a doozy... ha.
Great stuff guys.. enjoy it enough for all us GT brothers.. Kurt

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...But watch out on turn 14 at N'ring- I hear its a doozy.....

Ahhh - it's not so bad - :lol

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Ralphie, Im bored, want to ship your car to the east ...lets do a cannonball to Amelia Island? what say you.........
Also Nardo, Howie called said we got an offer on 360......$ 175,000.........neat...........but I think we should wait till we do the entire run..........what say you/ gtjoey

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
The title is "around the world in a Ford GT"........it doesn't say which, or how many GTs. I/we can always buy another. Had pretty good luck buying GTs.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
I recieved a pm about a GT OWNER , who will be driving his GT from Ireland..........to the classic LeMans..........in July.
Looks like we will be over 800 cars at the event with 6 Original gt40's.......................
Anyone know the gentleman from Ireland....it would be a great photo op..............thanks in advance.........gtjoey1314

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Correction, at Classic LeMans there will be over 8,000 vintage race and classic cars..gtjoey1314

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Great Update.........One of my long time friends just surprised us at Amelia Island......
Gary just purchased a...... MARK III GT40....... his is the 6th out of the 7 made for street use....
He will unveil it at CLASSIC LeMans along side of our silver 360.....
The chapter in the book will be ORIGINAL STREET LEGAL GT40 vs NEW FORD GT
Gary...all the luck in the world my friend.............anyone else going will be in for a real big treat...............Great stuff........gtjoey1314

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
Around the world!!!

Joey,

Any news????:shrug

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
fordgtsilver and heritage 026.jpg360 will be on a slow boat to Amsterdam end of May. Arriving end of June.

Last edited:

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
What's this????

Hey is that GTJIMMY Jr. with Derek Bell in a GT 40?
Are they trying to drive "around the world" like Nardo & GT Joey? No, maybe just around Sebring Raceway at MAX-SPEED!

DSC06375.jpgDSC06368.jpgDSC06367.jpg

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
DSC06356.jpgDSC06359.jpgDSC06361.jpgGTJOEY, Thank you for posting the photos of James at Sebring with Derek Bell. We had a great time listening to his stories at the Hall of Fame lunch. I asked him if Derek was cracking jokes while they did their Hot Laps. He said Derek was pretty quiet and focused on hitting every apex so they could keep the Corvette driven by Johnnie O'Connell right behind them where it belonged!

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Great memories of track events! Courtesy Jalopnik.

track.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.