"around the world in a ford gt"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
Nardo,,Excellent Pics! I didn't know you hit golf balls????!

NJGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nardo:

Nice pics - especially the shot with Fort Niagara NY in the background.

Now that you have been to the Niagara Pennisula I would recommend reading The Civil War Of 1812 by Alan Taylor which covers a lot of the War of 1812 battles that took place in the area. Great book on a war largely forgotten by US historians but very much a part of Canadian history. Nice to see that the US author acknowledges ..."Of course , Canadians remember what Americans primarily forget, celebrating their victory as a David over the American Goliath,..."

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Yeah ,Yeah now comes the fun, with over 600 miles under our belt....this is what we hit.......The tires were good to about 4 inches and then it was game over........THANK YOU HOLIDAY IN..........in the end all safe and sound.......enjoy
Those sequence of pictures are 45 to 60 seconds apart............The last shot in the parking lot is us after we checked in 3 minutes later.....:eek
Enjoy...gtjoey1314

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Earning our Canandian flags and a early birthday surprise.......from New Zealand..........Thanks Neil........a signed trunk liner from Chris Amon, 66 LeMans winner...
This all after another clay bar and Gliptone session, almost ready for the show room floor back in Southold, till we go south , see Holman /Moody then off to Amelia Island.......
Enjoy Gtjoey1314

Attachments

• SDC11284.jpg
    SDC11284.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 276
  • SDC11282.jpg
    SDC11282.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 275
  • SDC11279.jpg
    SDC11279.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 277

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Now that is down right impressive.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Looked like a lot of fun. Looked like a lot of snow! eeeek!

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
With 20,000 miles on the way, a special winter display at Lucas Ford..........HOWS SHE LOOK...........

Attachments

• SDC11285.jpg
    SDC11285.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 211
  • SDC11286.jpg
    SDC11286.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 217
  • SDC11287.jpg
    SDC11287.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 211
  • SDC11288.jpg
    SDC11288.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 216

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
..........HOWS SHE LOOK...........

SHOWROOM! ...except fer all that there graffiti ev'r'whars! :biggrin :thumbsup

NJGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Joey:

Looks great as does your son's VW. He did some amazing body work on that car.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Not as good as RED car!

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
If anyone is interested....saturday I will be driving 360 out to Lucas Ford.......Your all invited to join in the cruise or set the car up in the dealership.......
We are making a neat display in the middle of the showroom with a glass case behind it, stuffed with Owners books,profile books and models all for sale....so come on down. Howie will also have his Laguna /shelbys and steedas all on the same floor........We will be there all day.......
Will take pics as the car will be pampered on its new heated floor ready for the next trip....to AMELIA ISLAND.......
We will have the hood open for display with all the signatures.......
Come on down and enjoy......GTJOEY1314

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Gtjimmy just called,He is in for the short run saturday, my house 7 am.....to Southold and back by 10 am.........anyone else......gtjoey1314

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Gtjimmy just called,He is in for the short run saturday, my house 7 am.....to Southold and back by 10 am.........anyone else......gtjoey1314

I'm busy, so I can't make it. Beside that's a 3,330 mile drive! Tough to do on such short notice. Give the Bro Jimmy a big Italian hug for me.

Please ask Howie if he would send me another Lucas License Plate frame. Need to match my Fusion with my GT.

Thanks, Jeff

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Just spoke to Howie, Im picking it up for you on saturday....Monday it will be overnited.....
Enjoy GTJOEY1314

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
I'll bring the 240D MB ..... keep it under 55 boys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
Home safe at Lucas FORD

The NARDO/GTJOEY GT is snug as a bug for the winter awating the European vacation in the spring.:wink She is surrounded by not less than 6 Mustangs(Boss 302, Shelbys, GT 500's,etc...):thumbsup I'm hoping Joey will post some pics.........

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
photo.jpg

Chris Amon's signature
IMG_6800.jpg

All the places the little silver GT has been in just a few short months.........
IMG_6801.jpg

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Hope everyone had a great holiday..........Chris and I are now getting the next chapter done in the trip.......AMELIA ISLAND 2012.....Sam Posey will be the honored guest plus the 50th of the Ferrari GTO......Spoke to Bill Warner before thanksgiving....a real honor and thanks go out to Chris Theodore for putting us together.........
Our goal is to get the GT on the concours field for the entire weekend for all to display.........
Bill is working on it...If that works out I am driving with my wife to the show and Nardo will drive his Red Gt to meet us there...........thats the plan for now......I havemy room , they are very expensive, there are hotels down the road, does anyone want to caravan?from New York or Texas.........
If all goes to plan, THIS WILL BE ANOTHER GREAT CHAPTER.......
Plan "b" if the car is not dsplayed, Im driving the VANQUISH and Chris is flying , Howard will always be there as will Chris T...............................
Call, Email , lets get the next party started.....P.s. Sebring is the weekend after, if anyone else is interested...............
Enjoy GTJOEEY1314......JUST KEEP TRUCKING ON.....AND ON..........

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Update, plans have begun planning the European part of the trip.......
This is a very large undertaking as the small items are the biggest hurdle.......
Just got off the phone with Grundy's , Jim is a long time friend........he thinks we can do it....:thumbsup
Any suggestions or ideas, please pm......
Shipping by Boat is far less costly but a longer time span.......
Hopefully by the time Amelia comes and goes we will be completely booked and done for the other side of the pond!
Before that we must have another weekend at the barn for service and photo shoots........I just got a call from the GTGUYS.......
Hows late april mid may for the barn this year......have a big send off and away we go..............
Remember we have the lift and they can do anything when they arrive in New York...........
Pm guys if those dates look good.............enjoy gtjoey1314:thumbsup

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Update, plans have begun planning the European part of the trip.......
This is a very large undertaking as the small items are the biggest hurdle.......
Just got off the phone with Grundy's , Jim is a long time friend........he thinks we can do it....:thumbsup
Any suggestions or ideas, please pm......
Shipping by Boat is far less costly but a longer time span.......
Hopefully by the time Amelia comes and goes we will be completely booked and done for the other side of the pond!
Before that we must have another weekend at the barn for service and photo shoots........I just got a call from the GTGUYS.......
Hows late april mid may for the barn this year......have a big send off and away we go..............
Remember we have the lift and they can do anything when they arrive in New York...........
Pm guys if those dates look good.............enjoy gtjoey1314:thumbsup
Mid April is better, want it all ready for prime driving season!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.