Are the spark plugs in the GT a time bomb waiting to happen?

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
I DIDNT KNOW YOUR JEWISH, SUCH A CUT THAT RABBI MUST HAVE MADE. OY!!! VEY!!! :biggrin NIGHTY NITE MY SHORT STOP FRIEND..... MISS YAH GTJOEY 1314

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
gtjoey said:
I DIDNT KNOW YOUR JEWISH, SUCH A CUT THAT RABBI MUST HAVE MADE. OY!!! VEY!!! :biggrin NIGHTY NITE MY SHORT STOP FRIEND..... MISS YAH GTJOEY 1314

were you peaking over the devider?
shalom baby!

blownaway

GT Owner
Nov 14, 2006
pulled threads

when you pull your plugs look at the threads and see if theirs any aluminum in threads. they make spark plug thread inserts for repairing. unfortunatly have had to repair quite a few ford truck engines with stripped out threads. it usually was caused by improper torque from previous tune. its always on the trucks seems to have been in higher mileage trucks. also use a dab of anti-seize when reinstalling

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I put a set of Denzos in my 03 cobra about three years ago. I could have sworn that the plug had at least 10 threads if not more. If it had 4 threads I would have remembered. I think the thread area was about 1 inch long. It could have been my SUV plugs, but I don't think so. I'm going to the dealer tomorrow morning. I'll ask their SVT guru. He has boosted a friend om mine's terminator to about 20lbs. The only problem he has had on his 03 is his car was broken into last week. Probably due to loose plugs.