Are Ferrari owners that insecure??

Guibo

Aug 17, 2005
Pipelion said:
The Italians are masters of design. Clothes, cars, and much more.
Yup, for as long as I've been alive, Italy has been the acknowledged mecca for cutting edge design and fashion. These people know (and appreciate) a good design when they see it. :thumbsup :biggrin

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Guibo said:
Yup, for as long as I've been alive, Italy has been the acknowledged mecca for cutting edge design and fashion. These people know (and appreciate) a good design when they see it. :thumbsup :biggrin

Columbus dressed like a dork.

Guibo

Aug 17, 2005
SteveA said:
Columbus dressed like a dork.
Right, but how did Americans dress back then? :wink

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
No respect at all!

DBK said:
No, not you. Some guy on the seventh or eighth page. He says "think about this....little to no respect from asian people". I just thought that was a really bizarre comment. :lol
Bizarre perhaps, but sadly true. The Ford GT is a terrible choice for drivers seeking respect from asian people. For this lofty task I would suggest a another classic american design with substantially more horsepower.......the B-29. Go all out and order the special "Enola Gay" heritage edition. Have a blast with your asian friends and respect is assured!!! :biggrin

Chip

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Guibo said:

Great post, wonder whose GT that is in Marinello? Great pics!
The GT looks like it belongs!

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
ChipBeck said:
Bizarre perhaps, but sadly true. The Ford GT is a terrible choice for drivers seeking respect from asian people. I would suggest a another vehicle with more power.....the B-29. Go all out with the special "Enola Gay" edition. :biggrin

Chip

LOL!

Guibo

Aug 17, 2005
bony said:
Great post, wonder whose GT that is in Marinello? Great pics!
The GT looks like it belongs!
That is probably the most publicly documented GT: Ford's official press demo car "EU04 CWV" that's seen action in Autocar, TopGear, Evo (3 times), CAR, Auto Motor und Sport, Auto Bild, Sport Auto, L'Automobile, Octane, etc. It's been from London to Paris to Maranello, onto the Nurburgring , at Goodwood , at Le Mans (not all on the same day :biggrin).

011t6hk.jpg

Guibo

Aug 17, 2005
And regarding that F-chat guy's comments about Asians...that's pretty retarded. :lol
FWIW, Kazunori Yamauchi, the guy who created the Gran Turismo video games, has a Ford GT. From what I've heard, he has a white one (one of the first 50 customer-built GT's), which might explain why there's a white one (although a prototype) on the cover of the video game.

granturismo4.jpg

http://www.robbreport.com/Articles/Sport/Wheels-Gran-Illusion-5.asp

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
Guibo said:
And regarding that F-chat guy's comments about Asians...that's pretty retarded. :lol
FWIW, Kazunori Yamauchi, the guy who created the Gran Turismo video games, has a Ford GT. From what I've heard, he has a white one (one of the first 50 customer-built GT's), which might explain why there's a white one (although a prototype) on the cover of the video game.

granturismo4.jpg

http://www.robbreport.com/Articles/Sport/Wheels-Gran-Illusion-5.asp

I heard the same thing from someone in the "know" that he has an all white, stripe delete car with no options.

I bet there is tremendus respect from the Asian population because of this!

Of course that is if they are aware of him owning this awsome super car!

Scode

Last edited:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Respect booster!

scode said:
I heard the same thing from someone in the "know" that he has an all white, stripe delete car with no options.

I bet there is tremendus respect from the Asian population because of this!

Of course that is if they are aware of him owning this awsome super car!

Scode

I was not originally aware that Ford had this problem with low asian respect. Perhaps they could offer a special "Little Boy and Fat Man" respect booster package. :thumbsup

Chip

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
nota4re said:
When debating between a few cars... the F-cars were the easiest for me to eliminate. Don't get me wrong, I really like these cars, respect the engineering, and that unique Ferrari sound will never get old with me. I will admit that the biggest grudge I have against the Ferraris is the high cost of ownership. So, perhaps it is a personal problem (lack of dinero), but I for one just could afford to maintain that car. More power to those who can.... and to those who buy them and don't drive them, that's just something I cannot comprehend.
You forgot to mention the fact that Ferrari's are a Pain to own. I have owned 3 and have a deposit down on a F430 but I really don't want it. I can't park them anywhere without fear some Jackass is going to key the thing. Plus I have to trailer the car for service. The interesting part of the whole Ferrari thing is the relationship needed to even get one when the new model comes out, I gave them a $10K deposit 2 years ago and have heard nothing from them. Like I said I would rather have the New model F430 replacement possibly called the DEGO500. I had a 360 modena so the F430 is old news to me. One of the really nice things about the GT is that it says "FORD GT" on the side so even the Rednecks like it.

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
ROCMAN said:
Well, do tell. How much better is the Z than the GT? :lol Inquiring minds wanta know! :wink

BTW, I do admit, I love my Z! :biggrin
Who on here has spent time driving the new Z06? I have and for the money its a nice car but not comparable to the GT. The GT is faster "all" around. The GT is 100 times better looking. The GT is limited production the Vette is Mass produced and very few people know what it is. If all you can afford is $80k then its a good choice, but its still just a vette, and yes I have a deposit down on one at MSRP. I am going to use it as a Beater-Thrash mobile.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
FORDGT001 said:
Who on here has spent time driving the new Z06? I have and for the money its a nice car but not comparable to the GT. The GT is faster "all" around. The GT is 100 times better looking. The GT is limited production the Vette is Mass produced and very few people know what it is. If all you can afford is $80k then its a good choice, but its still just a vette, and yes I have a deposit down on one at MSRP. I am going to use it as a Beater-Thrash mobile.

So do I, was excited when I heard about it, owned a C5 as a daily driver, during the last months I have driven a couple, they are great, but I don't know if I will complete my sale or not. I need more hauling capacity as a daily driver. I think the Z06 is one of the best values for the $