April 17. The 6 hours of Silverstone.

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Sounds good. Somehow wondering of the best lap times, here the ferrari has the lead.

Enjoy it !

GT101

*UK Support*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 20, 2010
Colchester, Essex, UK
Ferrari does seem to have a second per lap advantage - not a lot in a two minute lap though.
Now sitting steady in 3rd and 4th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Seems like the WEC BoP was more punitive right off the bat.

GT effort looks good at 3 hours in. Smooth driving, as opposed to the chaos in LMP1.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
The Ferrari Corse best lap is 1.5 sec quicker than the FGT on WEC timing. So much for BoP. So so coverage on FoXS2... But better than nothing. 8-10 CST. Safety car out now as the Toyota sharded the whole track after cutting a tire. Should tighten up the field. Great motorsports weekend...got up at 1 am to watch F1 also.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Neat Ford - Chip Ganassi commercial a few minutes ago. Highlights both IMSA and WEC efforts.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The Ferrari Corse best lap is 1.5 sec quicker than the FGT on WEC timing. So much for BoP. So so coverage on FoXS2... But better than nothing. 8-10 CST. Safety car out now as the Toyota sharded the whole track after cutting a tire. Should tighten up the field. Great motorsports weekend...got up at 1 am to watch F1 also.

GHC was bitching about the BoP a couple weeks ago, and it appears he's correct.

Utterly ridiculous is how the announcers were discussing how nobody will run flat out at this point. "Nobody is going to run flat out for fear of getting an adjustment prior to Le Mans. Everyone wants to win Le Mans." You know it's idiocy when the announcers the series itself employs are discussing the fact that nobody is performing their best for fear of penalty.

It totally makes sense to invest time, money and effort to watch the preceding races in that scenario. :bored

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
FGT's running P4 and 5 in GTE-Pro. Less than 2 hrs to go. 2nd Ferrari started with 3 min stop and go penalty for engine change after quali. That car is now up to P3 with fastest lap. FGT #67 got pinched by 2nd place LMP1 Porsche 919. Both cars spun.

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Not that I know. Gotta pay €5.

Great coverage on fiawec.com, definitely worth a few Euros. Love that the huge NFGT mural!!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Great coverage on fiawec.com, definitely worth a few Euros. Love that the huge NFGT mural!!

Big time. I wish IMSA would adopt this model. $35 for 9 races? Done. Coverage is great, app is great.

Alternatively, for IMSA, the U.S largest cable provider doesn't even offer FS2 in most markets, it's usually in Standard Def if you can get it, and you have to subscribe to a sports package almost nobody wants. Great deal!

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
RESULT :

1 : Ferrari.
2 : Ferrari.
3 : Aston Martin.
4 : FORD GT.
5 : FORD GT.

I am a little bit disappointed.

GT101

*UK Support*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 20, 2010
Colchester, Essex, UK
They will have gained a massive amount of data today. The cars ran with no technical issues so a solid performance for the first time out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fordification

Aug 9, 2005
Did I ever get the time wrong on this one. Must've started at 5am MT.

fordification

Aug 9, 2005
Just missed podium again. Damn.

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Congratulations to Ganassi Racing, IMSA and WEC teams. No podiums and that's a bit of a disappointment BUT all cars finished and the WEC effort looked particularly strong.

Progress being made and I'm optimistic there are better results to come out of this first year!

Longhorn

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Houston
RESULT :

1 : Ferrari.
2 : Ferrari.
3 : Aston Martin.
4 : FORD GT.
5 : FORD GT.

I am a little bit disappointed.

I'm very impressed. New team, brand-new car, incredibly ambitious goals. 4th & 5th and climbing! GO FORD!!!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
It wasn't great in terms of speed, but I will take the smooth overall operation. Drivers all stayed out of trouble except Franchitti getting clipper by the 919, pit ran smooth, cars were reliable.

They'll get back boost and lose some of the weight eventually. People need to remember, for this first race, the GT was penalized with a weight of 1260 kg, and the 488 was only 1240kg and the Astons were a paltry 1230kg. That's in addition to the GT losing boost at all RPM.

Those 488s were running around with 45 less lbs. That will be addressed. Not sure if the 488 boost level was penalized similarly to the GT.

FWIW, when the Corvette gets to run at Le Mans, they've been granted a 1240kg weight as well. That should tell you something, that seeing what they've seen, the FIA still chose to load the GT full of ballast.

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
Many thanks to Ford and GT101 for a great day out. The cars looked fantastic and when I got a few minutes with Dave Pericak he was calm and confident of a good run. And he was right, it all looked very smooth :thumbsup

IMG_0625.jpg

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
It wasn't great in terms of speed, but I will take the smooth overall operation. Drivers all stayed out of trouble except Franchitti getting clipper by the 919, pit ran smooth, cars were reliable.

They'll get back boost and lose some of the weight eventually. People need to remember, for this first race, the GT was penalized with a weight of 1260 kg, and the 488 was only 1240kg and the Astons were a paltry 1230kg. That's in addition to the GT losing boost at all RPM.

Those 488s were running around with 45 less lbs. That will be addressed. Not sure if the 488 boost level was penalized similarly to the GT.

FWIW, when the Corvette gets to run at Le Mans, they've been granted a 1240kg weight as well. That should tell you something, that seeing what they've seen, the FIA still chose to load the GT full of ballast.

It seems the rules are controlled by those in power and and a lot of gamesmanship is going on to try gain advantage. Is this fair racing or something else? Do the people setting the rules get the cars telemetry data during the race? I can see a lot possibilities with engine management software to make the cars appear to under perform and with some tweaking they suddenly come to life.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit

Never, ever underestimate the need to "work" the sactioning body on an active basis. It probably should be done about as often as drivers are changed. Ever watch Team Penske while they are "in the office"? ;-))

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
They will have gained a massive amount of data today. The cars ran with no technical issues so a solid performance for the first time out.

+1 on that!