Application Tip

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I put a digital bend on the corner of my app so it would stick out...

May 12_is almost here...

All applications must be submitted by approximately 3:59 AM GMT on May 12th, 2016.

Last edited:

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
Yep. Isn't that time equal to midnight tonight, Eastern Daylight time?

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I think that would be 11:59pm eastern time

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
When I took exams in college I never went back to change an answer or ponder a question. I went with my first answer & was usually the first one done. It worked as I had good grades! I did the same for my GT application!

Ed

Agreed! Never look back!

Of course, I did have to go back once. But, it was out of my control. I've already ordered the larger flash drive memory, but I didn't want to risk swapping it before I completed my application. And...It crashed anyway. Fortunately, no major damage, just had to go back a little.

iMoviefail.jpg_zpseyuv63r7.gif

Whew. And I am done. Signed, Sealed, Delivered. 4:35 PST.

Fordgt.jpg_zpsgemnsf3h.gif

Last edited:

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
Tomorrow at 10:59 PM EST is our cut off time correct ?

Check the date at this Forum link.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/2016/04/1...rocess-begins/

or http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php/32144-The-Ford-GT-Application-Process-Begins

If the link doesn't work.....

The Application

The application process begins immediately and runs until May 12, 2016 at 11:59 PM EST. Ford will select the first 500 owners of the new GT from those who apply. This bit is important: It’s not necessary to burn up your keyboard, furiously typing to get in your application because the order in which applications are received is irrelevant to your selection. You have 30 days to get your application in, so no need to rush. Applicants will receive status notifications beginning 90 days from the close of the application period.

The Ford GT Concierge Service

Ford has crafted a new customer experience specifically for Ford GT customers with a new, GT-only concierge service. Recipients of a new GT allocation will work directly with a personally-assigned concierge throughout their ownership process. This includes initial ordering, vehicle configuration, all the way through delivery and beyond into your first years of ownership.

“The purchase process for the Ford GT is as unique as our all-new supercar,” said Henry Ford III, global marketing manager, Ford Performance. “We understand GT customers are strong ambassadors for Ford Motor Company, and we look forward to providing them a service as distinct as the car itself.”

The Ford GT Configurator

The Ford GT also gets an all-new configurator, where potential owners and fans alike can sort view a nearly endless assortment of combinations. At this time, Ford has chosen to reveal 8 base paint colors (including the much-desired Liquid Blue), 7 stripe colors, 5 caliper colors, 4 interior packages, and 2 wheels options (one with 3 finishes and the other with 2). There are literally thousands of combos to build, compare and share on the net.

Last edited:

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
Just did a brush touch up on my Application. Wishing all good luck on there hopes and wishes to become one of the lucky ones picked to own there dream car. Time will tell and I believe we have the best chance being part of this loyal Ford GT group.
David Garton

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
What a great experience. Thank you Ford for building all generation GT's. I am a realist and understand I have about a 2% chance of being chosen to buy a NFGT. I am good with that (honestly). One day I will own one. May not be for a few years, but I will patiently wait. Cheers!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Check the date at this Forum link.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/2016/04/1...rocess-begins/

or http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php/32144-The-Ford-GT-Application-Process-Begins

If the link doesn't work.....

The Application

The application process begins immediately and runs until May 12, 2016 at 11:59 PM EST. Ford will select the first 500 owners of the new GT from those who apply. This bit is important: It’s not necessary to burn up your keyboard, furiously typing to get in your application because the order in which applications are received is irrelevant to your selection. You have 30 days to get your application in, so no need to rush. Applicants will receive status notifications beginning 90 days from the close of the application period.

The Ford GT Concierge Service

Ford has crafted a new customer experience specifically for Ford GT customers with a new, GT-only concierge service. Recipients of a new GT allocation will work directly with a personally-assigned concierge throughout their ownership process. This includes initial ordering, vehicle configuration, all the way through delivery and beyond into your first years of ownership.

“The purchase process for the Ford GT is as unique as our all-new supercar,” said Henry Ford III, global marketing manager, Ford Performance. “We understand GT customers are strong ambassadors for Ford Motor Company, and we look forward to providing them a service as distinct as the car itself.”

The Ford GT Configurator

The Ford GT also gets an all-new configurator, where potential owners and fans alike can sort view a nearly endless assortment of combinations. At this time, Ford has chosen to reveal 8 base paint colors (including the much-desired Liquid Blue), 7 stripe colors, 5 caliper colors, 4 interior packages, and 2 wheels options (one with 3 finishes and the other with 2). There are literally thousands of combos to build, compare and share on the net.

EST is 5 hours behind GMT so my math is showing 10:59.. PM EST is the cut off ..The terms and conditions say 3:59 AM GMT is the cut off time.. so the statement above appears to be an hour off.. unless the is a DLST adjustment,,, ?? ..

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
EST is 5 hours behind GMT so my math is showing 10:59.. PM EST is the cut off ..The terms and conditions say 3:59 AM GMT is the cut off time.. so the statement above appears to be an hour off.. unless the is a DLST adjustment,,, ?? ..

Does it matter? Aren't you done? :biggrin

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
just made it !!! :biggrin .. decided to do some cheesy videos at the last minute.. not being a good editor and long down load times took me down to the wire,, :biggrin I just wanted t make sure my math skills were still functioning !!

Last edited:

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
just made it !!! :biggrin .. decided to do some cheesy videos at the last minute.. not being a good editor and long down load times took me down to the wire,, :biggrin I just wanted t make sure my math skills were still functioning !!

Great! For a second there, I thought you might end up in Sinovac's application related thread. Something about a spoiled fruit.

My math is lacking, so I finished submitting just before 5pm PST. Just in case.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Speaking of fuzzy math, why so many days between our submission deadline and the deadline for China, Macau, and the Philipines?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Brian,

Mine are a couple seconds over as well. It would be nice to know if they will be kicked out. Dave???

Chip
Glad I wasn't the only one.. Dave says we'll be ok !! :biggrin I too am glad it's over !! Now the long wait to July !!

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Youtube added a second to my vids somehow.... am appreciative you guys addressed it. Was nervous. Still am.

Feels like Christmas somehow.:willy:willy:willy:willy

jbyrnes

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 13, 2006
Louisville CO

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Well in classic Camillo style he applied in the 13th hour for a new Ford GT!
Bet he has a shot at it !

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Somehow, I failed to complete the application process a couple of days ago and got a heads up email from Ford Program Headquarters - now have an application submission confirmation from GTAPPSUP. Perhaps Ford is helping us along with the process.

Last edited:

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
IT'S OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
IT'S OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe

It says 11:59PM (one minute before midnight). I think there are still 12 hours. (At least, in the USA).

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
"You can return and edit your application up until the application submission deadline of approximately 3:59 AM GMT on May 12, 2016"
It's over.

Joe