Application Tip

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Just a quick FYI -

I had a a couple issues with some information in my application getting truncated. I would input the info (for example, vehicle VIN), and then when I'd return to the application, it would only show the first couple of letters. After speaking with IT, it turned out Safari 9.1 was the likely culprit for me, as all the info saved fine when I copied and pasted it directly from Safari into Chrome. So if you have that issue, that may be the cause.

Here's the important tip:
IMPORTANT:
If you revisit your application for any reason, including viewing, editing or updating your data, you must re-confirm your acceptance of the terms and conditions and information consent. To do this, please read and click the three (3) check boxes and click Submit at the very end of the application. This is required every time you view, edit, or update your application in order for your application to be considered and reviewed by Ford Motor Company for the opportunity to purchase a Ford GT.

So if for any reason you re-enter the application, you must make sure you click the check boxes at the end when you submit. You should then get the application submission confirmation e-mail. Good luck!

:cheers

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
I have found this to be the case as well, but I stumble on it by dumb luck. Good luck to all of you gentlemen. Not a better group of guys in my opinion.

Vince H

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
I have found this to be the case as well, but I stumble on it by dumb luck. Good luck to all of you gentlemen. Not a better group of guys in my opinion.

Vince H

And ladies!

Joe

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Tomorrow at 10:59 PM EST is our cut off time correct ?

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Brian... you better get working on it soon !!

andy (ajb)

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Brian... you better get working on it soon !!

andy (ajb)
Still tweaking. .You know the engineer type. Things are never perfect...:biggrin

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca

Last edited:

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Dave,

I find it hard to believe you need to fill out an application for an allocation!!
I would think you and GT Joey should have VIN #s 001 and 002!!

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
The very last block for additional information is space limited. So if you intended on writing a long winded story (like I did) you'll find it will be limited to one page.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
The very last block for additional information is space limited. So if you intended on writing a long winded story (like I did) you'll find it will be limited to one page.

I checked with the help desk and they told me 2000 characters limitation. They didn't say whether that includes spaces, and I didn't want to be a PITA, so I figured the estimate is close enough.

Word has a Word Count feature under tools that will count characters as well.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I'm on Safari 9 also & did what you said. Thanks. I'm crossing my fingers.

Ed

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

It will be nice when the applications close so I can quit messing with mine. I keep refining stuff and can't leave it alone. This thing has consumed me. Good grief.

Chip

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Gentlemen,

It will be nice when the applications close so I can quit messing with mine. I keep refining stuff and can't leave it alone. This thing has consumed me. Good grief.

Chip

I entered mine in the first few days, went back and added some pictures and haven't looked back. After the facts are entered it became a creative writing task and I figured if I messed with it any more it would look like Ralphie's "theme".

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
When I took exams in college I never went back to change an answer or ponder a question. I went with my first answer & was usually the first one done. It worked as I had good grades! I did the same for my GT application!

Ed

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
I keep waiting for the teacher to say "pencils down..." :lol

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Just a quick FYI -

I had a a couple issues with some information in my application getting truncated. I would input the info (for example, vehicle VIN), and then when I'd return to the application, it would only show the first couple of letters. After speaking with IT, it turned out Safari 9.1 was the likely culprit for me, as all the info saved fine when I copied and pasted it directly from Safari into Chrome. So if you have that issue, that may be the cause.

Here's the important tip:

So if for any reason you re-enter the application, you must make sure you click the check boxes at the end when you submit. You should then get the application submission confirmation e-mail. Good luck!

:cheers
Dave , will Ford accept an application video that's 1:02?.. The application says 60 seconds or less. Somehow it's two seconds over. I hope they don't disqualify it

Last edited:

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida
You're video is one of the best I've seen, if you're not in nobody is! I added it to my post...

http://www.dragtimes.com/blog/ford-gt-application-videos

Brooks

Gentlemen,

Chip

Last edited:

john gourley

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 27, 2006
Relax Chip. You have the best luck!!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Dave , will Ford accept an application video that's 1:02?.. The application says 60 seconds or less. Somehow it's two seconds over. I hope they don't disqualify it

Brian,

Mine are a couple seconds over as well. It would be nice to know if they will be kicked out. Dave???

Chip

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
Don't wait to the last minute either. I just had a problem changing the photos I wanted. The system was locking up. Possible overload worldwide because the deadline is fast approaching? Just a heads up! Tons of work, to gather all that info but at least I was able to check almost every box! Now I'm gonna just keep my fingers crossed that they don't run out of allocation before they read mine.