Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Did not see that previously. I wonder if it is truly a replacement, or if it "counts" as another car against the final tally of 1,000.

Either way, i think it's great that Ford took care of him with another car.

Kenneth

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Ford did good! I'm glad it ended right.

Ed

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Yes I heard a few weeks ago the car was replaced and sent back. Was bound to secrecy.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I was just wondering what happened?

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Had not seen that he got a replacement GT. Had seen the pics of the car burned up and really felt for the guy. All is well that ends well....

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Great outcome. Ford could have potentially used the same VIN in order to keep the production count unchanged.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Great outcome. Ford could have potentially used the same VIN in order to keep the production count unchanged.

Yup, that’s what probably happened? When a young guy in Dallas totaled his P1 after less than 24 hours of ownership, McLaren built him another but gave it the original VIN so as not to mess up the 375 production limit.

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Happy ending too this story. Nice move Ford.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Yes I heard a few weeks ago the car was replaced and sent back. Was bound to secrecy.

I didn't think there was ever any question that the car would be replaced and quickly under warranty. I don't see this as surprising at all. I can only remember one new car that caught fire and burned up because of a defect during the warranty period during my auto dealer days and it was promptly replaced at no cost to the customer.

Chip