Anyone know about this Dark Slate Grey one??

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
For sale in Lufkin, TX. Hmmmm

That's what I said too.

Last edited:

1434gt

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2006
definitely a respray

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Remember the Popsicle car, white with puke orange stripe from R2? Thought that ended up in Lufkin with "grey" repaint.....

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Creamcicle, we called it..... It was lovely.... (Not)

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
I heard from someone that looked at this gray car that the paint is outstanding, just the wrong color. I said from the beginning in this thread that the paint looked extremely glossy compared to factory. maybe it was painted this way to be another reproduction of Merkury 4 but never got that far. lol

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
4gqmbk.jpg

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
That's going waaayyy back, like 2006. Still ugly though.

lewishou

GT Owner
Feb 27, 2007
Atherton, CA
Yup, I was at the Ford Dealership to have my airbag recall done when this car was there. The people at the shop told me it needed catalytic converters and some other work. It was there for quite a few days if I remember correctly. Apparently the owner recently traded it in for a Ferrari at this dealership, which a few years ago was the largest Ferrari dealership in the country.

Lewis

I spoke to the sales manager at this dealership when they first listed it around Christmas. Right after they put it up, he realized it didn't have stock cats and couldn't pass emissions. He pulled the ad and then the car was at a Ford dealer for several weeks getting stock exhaust and other repairs and servicing. Manager said he told the dealer to "make everything right" and was in over $10k.

During the 2 calls with him, I meant to ask if he knew the color was called Tungsten Grey Metallic, not Slate Grey - hadn't occurred to me that it was a re-paint. :ack.

Given all that, not such a reasonable price at all imo.

Last edited:

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007

I'm traumatized every time I see that car.