Anyone in San Diego, CA willing to drive my car?

best2xford

GT Owner
Sep 27, 2006
San Diego
Hi ya'll---I'm the new member today that was talking about the clutch feel--before I have them yank apart my center console I was wondering if anyone was local would be willing to drive my car around the block to see if what I'm experiencing is normal or not? It would also be great to meet a few local SD people to drive around with or parade up to the next event...

Thanks,
Brian
858-204-4642 or brianm@talentfuse.com

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
What exactly are you experiencing with your clutch?Of course I'll drive it but would rather know what the problem is.

tim

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
Clutch ???

I drove his GT today and there is nothing wrong with it !!! It drives just like mine.

MDT

GT Owner
Jun 24, 2006
My clutch felt really weird for a long time. Plus I was never sure when I was in reverse or first, so I probably had a few third gear launches. Plus a smoke smell when I took off quick. Seem to have settled down now that I have a thousand miles on the car.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
You're gonna get a degree of shudder at times in first with the clutch. Mine gives a hint at times, but it's usually pretty sedate...

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
DBK said:
You're gonna get a degree of shudder at times in first with the clutch. Mine gives a hint at times, but it's usually pretty sedate...

Ditto. In both of my GTs, past and present.

rocksman

GT Owner
Aug 28, 2006
El Paso
I had shudder in first when it was new but over 500 miles it has completely gone away and launches smooth now. I assumed it was high spots on the clutch. :thumbsup

wonkawonka

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Lebanon
Take her to the track, and rape her thoroughly.
Then she'll behave. :)

tiger 6

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 5, 2006
virginia
:rofl :thumbsup :banana
wonkawonka said:
Take her to the track, and rape her thoroughly.
Then she'll behave. :)