Any NFGT Deliveries in Northern California?

Jiminee

GT Owner
Sep 19, 2013
Bay Area, CA
Got word that my car is going to start being built in the next few weeks. Excited as all heck as you could imagine. Wondering if anyone has taken delivery in Norcal. Looking for a place to have the xpel done and also wondering who is providing service on the car. I was told the closest authorized service dealer was in Salinas, which doesn't make any sense. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.
-tford

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
There are 7 service dealers in California. Only 2 in NorCal.

There is one just down the street from me that I don't care for: Future Ford in Roseville. They want to drive your car from the dealership to their service shop 5 miles away. I'm not letting someone I don't know to put 10 miles on my GT. I've asked if I can drive to the service shop "We don't allow customers to do that". The other dealer is Cypress Coast Ford in Seaside. I'm leaning more toward spending a nice weekend in the Monterey-Carmel area while I have my first oil change. I'd rather drive all the way there & back myself than have a stranger drive my car for 10 miles.

There are 6 owners that I know of in NorCal but I would assume after 400+ cars there are probably more here. Future Ford's owner's son owns one, someone who keeps their NGT at Sonoma Raceway's SIM Raceway garage, Knightka (his NGT is almost here) plus myself from the Forum & Joey Hand + Scott Pruitt both near Sacramento.

There are 3 NGTs in Fresno (1 already there & 2 almost there) but that's Central Cal.

PM me for more info on clear film & such.

Ed

Last edited:

knightka

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 6, 2015
Los Altos, CA
Congrats on your upcoming delivery! I was given an estimate that my build should be in March and delivery in April. Hopefully they can speed up production of mine and our cars can share a ride on the same big orange truck to the Bay Area!

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
There are 7 service dealers in California. Only 2 in NorCal.

There is one just down the street from me that I don't care for: Future Ford in Roseville. They want to drive your car from the dealership to their service shop 5 miles away. I'm not letting someone I don't know to put 10 miles on my GT. I've asked if I can drive to the service shop "We don't allow customers to do that". The other dealer is Cypress Coast Ford in Seaside. I'm leaning more toward spending a nice weekend in the Monterey-Carmel area while I have my first oil change. I'd rather drive all the way there & back myself than have a stranger drive my car for 10 miles.

There are 6 owners that I know of in NorCal but I would assume after 400+ cars there are probably more here. Future Ford's owner's son owns one, someone who keeps their NGT at Sonoma Raceway's SIM Raceway garage, Knightka (his NGT is almost here) plus myself from the Forum & Joey Hand + Scott Pruitt both near Sacramento.

There are 3 NGTs in Fresno (1 already there & 2 almost there) but that's Central Cal.

PM me for more info on clear film & such.

Ed

There are now 4 in our area... Plus I thought it was a requirement for servicing dealers that they must purchase a trailer and transport the cars to and from your home or office to the dealer or allow us to drive the car ourselves to the repair facility... sounds very odd for sure that they want to pick the car up and drive it to the shop. No way would I do that.

Last edited:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I think if they transport your vehicle there is a fee? I hope I'm wrong.

Ed

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Mine took a trailer ride for the "recall" / warranty work, with out a cost.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Trailer ride for warranty work but not for customer pay!

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
I’m surprised Fresno has 3 NFGTs. Thumbs up for my home town!

Jiminee

GT Owner
Sep 19, 2013
Bay Area, CA
Thanks Ed, great G2, sent you a PM and look forward to connecting. Knightka, I also live in Los Altos, strong odds our cars will be on the same truck! I still find it hard to believe that the nearest service center to Silicon Valley is 70 miles away near Monterey, crazy. Looking forward to meeting more of you guys in Norcal. Don't know if any of you guys have thought about Pebble Beach yet, for Car Week this August, but found out yesterday my car will be at The Quail this year.
-tford

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I’m surprised Fresno has 3 NFGTs. Thumbs up for my home town!

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime

Ed

I’m pretty sure mine is the most miles in a dealer trailer for service. No cost for warranty work. Charged once when they took the old one (ghetto GT) back to get service after dropping off NFGT.

Demolition Man

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 29, 2006
danville, CA
I'm in Danville California. Just got done with order form for carbon series and waiting for Walnut Creek Ford to instruct me on deposit instructions. Very excited and looking forward to meeting up with fellow Nor Cal NFGT owners in coming months.

Reactions: Ed Sims and GEE-TEE

AdamSimms

GT Owner
Feb 6, 2020
NAPA
I just took delivery on Saturday of my 2020 L027, I live in Napa. I’m also the Ford dealer in Fairfield where we are certified for GT repair.

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
I just took delivery on Saturday of my 2020 L027, I live in Napa. I’m also the Ford dealer in Fairfield where we are certified for GT repair.
Congrats and please post pics

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Congrats and welcome to the forum!

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Congrats on your delivery.... share some pics.... enjoy the new ride....

Demolition Man

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 29, 2006
danville, CA
Any Nor Cal guys want tp meet tomorrow in Yountville for lunch? I mad a reservation at R & D Kitchen for 1:15

AdamSimms

GT Owner
Feb 6, 2020
NAPA
Ford Fairfield is certified for GT repair. I am the owner and invested early i. The training, special tools, and parts. Happy to personally handle any work anyone needs.
Adam

Reactions: JWZ

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Demo Man - I went to see Adam's new GT today in Napa then drove my GT to Yountville to hang out at my friend's winery. 65º & beautiful. Come to the NorCal Mini-Rally in April.

Ed

PS I was told the only 2 service dealers were Future Ford in Roseville & Cypress Ford in Seaside. Now I know that Adam's dealership Fairfield Ford is one. That is the one I would use.

Reactions: JWZ

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Any Nor Cal guys want tp meet tomorrow in Yountville for lunch? I mad a reservation at R & D Kitchen for 1:15
I will be trading the 650 hp GT for a 1 hp horse tomorrow Demo Man. How about Sunday Feb 23?

Ed