Any FGT Forum members in the Vero Beach area?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I might be able to do it. Vero is about two hours from me. Just not sure when I can get up there. I have recently done a few local inspections. Wizard click on my forum name and you can get my email address..

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
Ok thank you.....

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Stormy knows these cars well

Colton74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Rich aka GT Tech might be an option for you as well. He is out of Kingman AZ however will travel I am sure. Give him a try. He knows this car like few others will. He may have even built this one!!

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
thanks guys.....

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Something tells me that this mans search is over....

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Something tells me that this mans search is over....

Did YOU do a good PPI for him. :wink:wink

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
no, guess again.....

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Did YOU do a good PPI for him. :wink:wink

no, guess again.....

I'm thinking he did the PPI - at his place...:lol

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
You're gonna love it.

Now you have to get a couch, TV and beer fridge in your garage.

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
you guys are getting close, but not exactly......

clue.....Shelby did not PPI the Vero Beach car.....

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Whatever, I hope you "drive the snot out of it".

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
So which of Shelby's cars did you buy? And welcome to the club!!!

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
HaHa...I think we have a winner...I call that damn guy for a PPI, and he sells me one of HIS cars!

Made me an offer I couldn't refuse........on the red 4 option 1600 mile car......

Thank you for the welcome......I am so happy to be here!!!

(couldn't have done it so confidently without you guys)

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Now the really hard part is gonna be waiting for that delivery truck to arrive!!! Geez, less than a month away. Maybe you should just take delivery in front of the GT Forum at Rally 7 :thumbsup If you can wait that long.......

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
HaHa...I think we have a winner...I call that damn guy for a PPI, and he sells me one of HIS cars!

Made me an offer I couldn't refuse........on the red 4 option 1600 mile car......

Thank you for the welcome......I am so happy to be here!!!

(couldn't have done it so confidently without you guys)

Let the mods begin. Before you get it I highly recommend:

Ford short throw shifter. My single most favorite mod.

Any of the number of available pulley/tune. I got 650 RWHP out of mine on the dyno. It gave me the same weight/HP ratio as my Shelby CSX Cobra. I can spin it at a whim. (It's harder with the tires, see below.)

A new exhaust. I got the FRPP/ Borla but it's too quiet. Someone's X-pipe is on my list for the winter.

Tires. Ditch the facory tires and get the Bridgestones. They are awesomely sticky.

Creature comforts like clear bra and window tinting.

Transmission cooler if you intend on tracking the car.

Harnesses. Even if you don't wear them (I do, on the mountain roads) they look cool :)

You'll never regret this.

P.S. My Heritage had 1350 miles on it when I got it last October. I did about 400 miles before the winter weather shut me down until mid May. When I pulled in the garage after the Shelby American Collection fundraiser last Saturday I had put over 1400 miles on it. I'm scared I'm going to ruin it :) But every time I saw Carroll he told me to drive it so as a commemorative to him, I am :)

Last edited:

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Agreed with Tony's calls above. I'd add only either the lowering perches, or penske coilovers. I love my Penskes, adjustable to nice and comfy soft, or racetrack hard with a simply dial. Plus you can drop the car so that it looks right over the tires.

And the short shift, pulley/tune/exhaust, tires and suspension are mods you can feel every time you get in the car.

And don't forget the seat buttons. To finish the look.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Agreed with Tony's calls above. I'd add only either the lowering perches, or penske coilovers. I love my Penskes, adjustable to nice and comfy soft, or racetrack hard with a simply dial. Plus you can drop the car so that it looks right over the tires.

And the short shift, pulley/tune/exhaust, tires and suspension are mods you can feel every time you get in the car.

And don't forget the seat buttons. To finish the look.

Yes, I have a couple of cosmetic touches. The seat buttons really look right. I also got the polished shifter ball and leather shifter boot. All of them really look right.

And for the life of me I don't understand why the car didn't ship with the short throw shifter. I 'loved it in my Shelby GT Mustang, and the Cobra, and. I never knew the GT without them.

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Do be careful though. These cars are a hand full. Literally, some have wrecked their cars coming from the dealer lot. Don't downshift without a throttle blip (heel-toe), and if you don't know how then remember the mantra "Accelerator go, brakes slow" - else you can get compression braking and go backwards down the road.

If you can find a place to go fast, you will give up before the car will. :)

If you get it in the package, watch the video. I liked the statement, something like "and you will accelerate through all gears, including 6th, and if you ever do get there be sure to call me since it will be the only call you get from jail".

On mixed driving - highway and city - I'm getting about 18MPG.

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
Wow, those option lists really help...thanks. The car already has the pulley/tune.....but stock exhaust, so I need to do that......was thinking of Kendall's. But then I have to decide about the rear bumper, my son REALLY likes the bumper delete, but why is it so pricey to remove something? Will have Shelby do the clear bra immediately. Seat buttons....sure. Love the advice on the short throw shifter, cause I wouldn't have known that. Think I'll do the tranny cooler myself, I do plan to do at least a couple civil track events. Ahhh yeah, the harness's look so cool. Gotta do the lowering perches and shocks to get the stance you like...right? Wow, this is gonna be fun.....I just retired, lots of time to work on it!

Delivery at Rally 7....hmmmmm, interesting.......