Another WTB FGT Newbie

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Seems like it is getting more difficult to find private party FGTs for sale these days. I am not looking for a garage queen and higher miles do not bother me. Only color I cant live with is yellow. Looks like this may take several months to find the FGT for me. I am in Arizona but dont mind traveling. I purchased a 9000 mile 2003 Lightning from Wisconsin last year.

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Only color I cant live with is yellow.

Are you sure ? You may want to check this one: http://eliteautosllc.com/vehicle/ford-gt-twin-turbo-carbon-edition/

Good luck

Matthias

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
LOL - that car is sick!

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Still looking to buy a FGT. Really want to buy a car from a private party. Higher mileage ok with me. Was looking at a car for sale from divorce but they turned it over to dealer to sell with their higher markup, commision and sales tax added on!

1434gt

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2006
There are few out there buying from a reputable dealer on the forum is piece of mind it is worth the 10 to 15 k markup .there was a white car on here last week from a member and priced right give it a search

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Thanks for the reference to the white FGT. I have already seen the post. I thought that Yellow was the only color I did not want but White was added to my list of not preferred colors. Guess I should not be so picky but color is a personal preference and I am a patient man.

1434gt

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2006
Thanks for the reference to the white FGT. I have already seen the post. I thought that Yellow was the only color I did not want but White was added to my list of not preferred colors. Guess I should not be so picky but color is a personal preference and I am a patient man.
patient or not u snooze u lose they are not getting any cheaper actually they may be going up soon again u never know

1434gt

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2006
on the white car.he is asking 190k or best I don't know if is still available but I personally think is a good buy

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
I agree, I was not snoozing on the divorce car but a few days after I first talked with them car was turned over to the dealer. Never had a chance to close deal. If the white car for sale on this forum was a color I liked would have jumped on it when it was first listed.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
i waited about a year and a half for my favorite color combination, Im glad I did, I ended up paying way more because i waited too long and the prices kept creeping up slowly but I feel at the end it was worth to get the color that I want, I mean you are going to spend this much money on a car,,,, you might as well like the color :)

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
If the economy tanks,so will GT prices

SFGT

GT Owner
Oct 23, 2012
I agree, I was not snoozing on the divorce car but a few days after I first talked with them car was turned over to the dealer. Never had a chance to close deal. If the white car for sale on this forum was a color I liked would have jumped on it when it was first listed.

Look on eBay, there are several cars with miles and in colors you desire, and lucky for you no Yellow cars for sale.

BillyGT

GT Owner
Jul 3, 2009
Mine is still available but interest and PM coming fast

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
whites the fastest

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I want another GT and I want white. But, I'm spending GT money on my home. :ack

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Whats so funny about a Ford Gt? Everybody wants more than one! I don't know of many owners who wouldn't love to have another one!

SFGT

GT Owner
Oct 23, 2012
I agree, wish I had space for 2 GT's

TiggsGT

GT Owner
Dec 22, 2012
Bay Area, CA
Seems like it is getting more difficult to find private party FGTs for sale these days. I am not looking for a garage queen and higher miles do not bother me. Only color I cant live with is yellow. Looks like this may take several months to find the FGT for me. I am in Arizona but dont mind traveling. I purchased a 9000 mile 2003 Lightning from Wisconsin last year.

What is your preferred color if not white or yellow then? Lots of reds available. Love my yellow one but it was hard to find as not many were made and unlikely you'd have to worry about it. With selection so low, seems like price trend is still on the upswing so would focus more on getting what you want versus finding one at a low price.

What was the divorce car you referenced? Not sure what that one was(price/color/etc.).

Last edited:

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
FGT prices continue to escalate, good for owners, brokers and dealers but bad for buyers like me who can barely afford these cars. My observation is brokers, dealers and people with a whole lot more money than I have are causing the big price increases over the past year. Almost like the housing market where people are jumping to buy before the prices escalate any further.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
FGT prices continue to escalate, good for owners, brokers and dealers but bad for buyers like me who can barely afford these cars. My observation is brokers, dealers and people with a whole lot more money than I have are causing the big price increases over the past year. Almost like the housing market where people are jumping to buy before the prices escalate any further.

Good news is if you can swing purchase price your money is pretty safe in a GT and they are loads of fun