Another 20 millions cars recalled Takata Airbag

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Thanks for quick reply Jeff and Kevin. I guess I will call and schedule while the parts are available, Strangely enough I only need to do the drivers side!!! :) BTW, lets plan a local socal drive this summer.

Driver's side for me also Arya. I think California is driver side only. Don't really understand why though. Guess I need to read more threads.....
I took the notice to SM Ford to make certain they had the specific recall notice in order to verify specific part(s) were in stock. Got the GT scheduled for 7:30am July 5.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I just got the letter too for Driver side. Strangely enough I had mine replaced at the dealership last year or two when I had the original recall. Is this just an automated letter or do I need to go back and have the replacement replaced again???

At that time your first replacement was probably under 14B09. If so you need to do get 15S21.

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
This information was just released this week. All the OEM's are trying to get the most affected units replaced first. There being guided by the bureaucrats at NHTSA.

Takata-related recall 16S26 prioritizes first for vehicles located or ever registered
in the high humidity Zone A, followed by the moderate humidity Zone B region of
the U.S.

mymach5

GT Owner
Nov 18, 2007
Melbourne, Florida
My passenger airbag was replaced but the cover is some plastic and the black paint is sticky. WTF?

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Both have been replaced on the GT, but did just get a notice for the 12 Boss LS passenger airbag(driver's side has been done)