*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
For those of you that may have missed the comments in a few of the Threads,

Here are a few photo's of the Alcantara® Suede Diamond Quilted GT Door Inserts

They are available in the online store.

ExotiCARe GT Accessory Store

They are available in Black Alcantara with your choice of Black or Grey Quilted stitching patterns or no stitching at all for a clean look!

They add a nice cozy feeling to the interior!

I can customize them to just about any degree.. PM for more info

DSC07453-1.jpg

DSC07452.jpg

DSC07477.jpg

DSC07471.jpg

DSC07475.jpg

DSC07484.jpg

DSC07596.jpg

DSC07593.jpg

DSC07574.jpg

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Christ....whats next....a cup holder:lol

This thing is going to be more comfortable than my Audi at this rate.

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
Monogramed in case we forget what we are driving!

Aug 25, 2006
They are very nice

I installed a set a few days ago as a surprise for a fellow and when he saw them he was thrilled; he said that he never liked the plastic door insert/pocket. In his opinion these were not only a nice finishing touch but also added some warmth to the otherwise cold door.

In his case he has both the armrests and the inserts so it became a very comfortable place to rest his arm on the long drives.

FYI installation was a breeze and once in place they appear as if there from day one.

Takes care

Shadowman

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
They look great.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
FYI installation was a breeze and once in place they appear as if there from day one.

Very nice!!

How do they attach? If it is double side tape, won't that solution wear out eventually causing sagging?

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
We are talking about 3M here... Quality tape for a quality product.
Additionally the material is mounted and padded, so there is really nothing to sag..
You would be surprised to know what else in this car is double side taped from factory!
Including the Metal Trim rings around each door

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
You would be surprised to know what else in this car is double side taped from factory!
Including the Metal Trim rings around each door

That was what I was thinking. There was a problem with the trim rings falling off.

Can you post a picture of the backside of the pad please?

Also...does the pad span past the interior door handle (basically end to end of the cove)? I can't tell from the pics.

Last edited:

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
They are very nice

I installed a set a few days ago as a surprise for a fellow and when he saw them he was thrilled; he said that he never liked the plastic door insert/pocket. In his opinion these were not only a nice finishing touch but also added some warmth to the otherwise cold door.

In his case he has both the armrests and the inserts so it became a very comfortable place to rest his arm on the long drives.

Takes care

Shadowman

Two Hands on the Wheel - please.

Aug 25, 2006
Very nice!!

How do they attach? If it is double side tape, won't that solution wear out eventually causing sagging?

Kingman

After having installed them I can see no issues other than that they look nice and add an element of warmth and a finishing touch to the otherwise black plastic insert.

BTW yes they cover the entire area.

Takes care

Shadowman

sandman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Gardnerville, Nv.
They are very nice

Takes care

Shadowman

I'm said fellow, Shadowman did pleasantly surprise me with the inserts on my new gal. I had seen the pictures posted on the forum and honestly didn't have much interest in them. Seeing them in person installed on my car changed my mind. In short they are a perfect finishing touch so much so that my second car now has a set. Thanks to you ExoitCARe for making these available and thank you Shadowman for surprising me with them.

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
Thanks for the compliments! I will post pictures shortly of the Alcantara headliner and Door Roof liner pockets.

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Can't wait for the headliner. I installed the door inserts and they look great. :thumbsup

John

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Thanks for the compliments! I will post pictures shortly of the Alcantara headliner and Door Roof liner pockets.

How's it going on that?

John

spyder625

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 23, 2008
When will the headliner be completed?

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
We've actually done a few!

DSC04475-1.jpg

The problem is that the headliner on it's own is so expensive - so we need to have the original sueded... so we can do it. As for the door top pads, we've made replacements the same shape and size from custom Alcantara

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
Are you going to put the diamond pattern on the head liner to. I think this is what I would like.

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
It can be done!!

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
If anyone is interested, I do have a number of sets in stock and custom combination's can be created in a few days.

spyder625

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 23, 2008
Can we see a picture of the diamond pattern stitched in the roof?