Air Filter Housing-OUCH$$

eg1985

GT Owner
Jan 7, 2007
Fresno, CA
I have a big problem that maybe someone knows a solution to. I'm doing a pulley, exhaust, tune on and in the course of working on this car I noticed the top lid of the airbox is cracked around two of the bolt bosses. I just called my local ford stealership and they want 564.42 for the complete airbox as they won't sell just the lid. Does anybody know where I can find just the lid more reasonably than this?:confused

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
List is $ 705.53 so your already getting some sort of a discount from them. PM me I may be able to help you

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I have a big problem that maybe someone knows a solution to. I'm doing a pulley, exhaust, tune on and in the course of working on this car I noticed the top lid of the airbox is cracked around two of the bolt bosses. I just called my local ford stealership and they want 564.42 for the complete airbox as they won't sell just the lid. Does anybody know where I can find just the lid more reasonably than this?:confused

Not Under Warrantee?

eg1985

GT Owner
Jan 7, 2007
Fresno, CA
Not Under Warrantee?
I don't know..the car is definetely still under warranty but I would the think the dealer would play the blame game on this one.

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Epoxy glue until you can find a cheap used one, not a very critical component.

Aug 25, 2006
I don't know..the car is definetely still under warranty but I would the think the dealer would play the blame game on this one.

IMO and experience a quality dealer will cause you no grief; have them warranty it and maintain the integrity of the gal.

All the best

Shadowman

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
IMO and experience a quality dealer will cause you no grief; have them warranty it and maintain the integrity of the gal.

All the best

Shadowman

Quite true if you have access to the right people.

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.

There is a white/blue gt there in fresno you can just swap your broken one with. :banana

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
try plastic welding... normally works.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
until you can find a cheap used one

Oh, come on ........... let's see, cheap, used, GT ???????? :biggrin

I think the air box was still good on the red one for 69K - in fact, that was probably the only good piece :lol So 69K instead of 200K? You're right, a cheap one can be had.

JBG

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 25, 2006
Scottsdale
A couple weeks ago, I discovered a broken tab on the upper portion of the airbox. I spoke with the local service manager about the discovery. A new airbox was at the dealership in 2 days:thumbsup He had provided me with a complete unit, all covered under warranty. Possibly the result of AZ heat and a stock exhaust:confused

eg1985

GT Owner
Jan 7, 2007
Fresno, CA
try plastic welding... normally works.
That's what I'm trying now...I dropped it off at a great body shop today and he's positive he can fix it..I'll find out tomorrow!

eg1985

GT Owner
Jan 7, 2007
Fresno, CA
A couple weeks ago, I discovered a broken tab on the upper portion of the airbox. I spoke with the local service manager about the discovery. A new airbox was at the dealership in 2 days:thumbsup He had provided me with a complete unit, all covered under warranty. Possibly the result of AZ heat and a stock exhaust:confused
Hmmm...maybe I should try that if the plastic welding doesn't work??

JBG

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 25, 2006
Scottsdale
I would try the dealership before performing any repairs IMO. Thinking that it may elimainate the chance it wouldn't be covered under warranty. Not 100% sure but utlimately up to service tech. If you get stuck having to purchase an airbox try Maurice @ babynsx1@juno.com :thumbsup This guy's prices for OEM is the best I've found and the shipping is quick.

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
AZGT, I meant do a temp repair, wait until there is a an availability of some used parts and see what happens. I don't think most people would interpret what I said as to go out and buy a damaged car for 70k for the airbox?????

eg1985

GT Owner
Jan 7, 2007
Fresno, CA
Problem solved! Before the shop made the repair I put the box back on the car and took it to the dealership and they ordered me a new one under warranty. Thanks for the suggestions!

JBG

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 25, 2006
Scottsdale
Problem solved! Before the shop made the repair I put the box back on the car and took it to the dealership and they ordered me a new one under warranty. Thanks for the suggestions!

Perfect:cheers

eg1985

GT Owner
Jan 7, 2007
Fresno, CA
Thanks Guys!!

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
AZGT, I meant do a temp repair, wait until there is a an availability of some used parts and see what happens. I don't think most people would interpret what I said as to go out and buy a damaged car for 70k for the airbox?????

Juat funnin ............. :thumbsup