Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
.....and the ladies are ok as well.:wink

http://vimeo.com/78059989

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I would love to fly either bird, but will never get the chance.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
that is a cool vid!!!

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Great video. I wouldn't want that salt on my plane!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I would love to fly either bird, but will never get the chance.

Copy that. Your wife would probably become juuuuuust 'a touch' (or two) beyond 'ticked off' if you were to do something like that.

Mine would likely kill me until I died from it.

Oh, wait a sec...

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
I've never heard of anyone dying in a plane that was sitting in a garage errr hanger?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I've never heard of anyone dying in a plane that was sitting in a garage errr hanger?

:facepalm: Uuuuuuuuuh...'my comments had nothing to do with "plane(s)", Mikey! :wink

('Must be the altitude...OR never having heard someone use the Brit slang term "bird". Youngster!)

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Warbirds very nice. Birds greeting pilots on ground even nicer.

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Cool video. For some reason I'm partial to the Corsair. I would give my spleen and at least one kidney to own one.

8o7b.jpg

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
spent some time with the breitling guys at reno talking about making this video... love it!!!

corsair is definitely on the bucket list... sat in several different variants and there is a sweet matt black night fighter out there that may be available :biggrin

P51 is supposed to fly better but something awesome about a corsair...

pvgtX2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 16, 2012
Palos Verdes Estates, CA
As a teenager, the father of one of my closest friends had several warbirds that he kept and flew out of chino airport in California. He had a sky raider and a corsair that I remember very clearly. It was surreal to see him and several of his friends who had served in korea and Vietnam get together and fly the planes that they had flown in combat. He sold the corsair later and purchased a grumman f7f tiger cat. I remember thinking back then...why don't these guys fly jets?:facepalm:

because those warbirds had piston engines, and maybe you have once had heard even the damped noise of a DC 3 or DC 6 or Lookheed Costellation with silencers, if not get a DVD with Allison V12, RollsRoyce V12 or Merlin V12 noise and then you know why those guy's never will want to fly jet's when there is a chance to fly a pistonengined warbird . . . . . . . . . .

got the idea ?????

FelixIbizaSwitzerland

As a teenager, the father of one of my closest friends had several warbirds that he kept and flew out of chino airport in California. He had a sky raider and a corsair that I remember very clearly. It was surreal to see him and several of his friends who had served in korea and Vietnam get together and fly the planes that they had flown in combat. He sold the corsair later and purchased a grumman f7f tiger cat. I remember thinking back then...why don't these guys fly jets?:facepalm: