Accident in my gt !! :(((( plz helppppp !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fordgtkwt

GT Owner
Mar 7, 2010
Japan
Z

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
The Michelins won't fit Ford stock rims unless you go to a smaller tire diameter.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Have you looked at the tire thread with all the information available?
Pardon me, but you seem to be all over the map on wheels and tires.
Use your stock wheels and simply put better rubber on them if you want a stock look.
If you want a custom wheels then you have a lot of options.
If you only plan to drive it sparingly then use your BBS wheels and buy Bridgestones

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Have you looked at the tire thread with all the information available?
Pardon me, but you seem to be all over the map on wheels and tires.
Use your stock wheels and simply put better rubber on them if you want a stock look.
If you want a custom wheels then you have a lot of options.
If you only plan to drive it sparingly then use your BBS wheels and buy Bridgestones

:agree:

I would add if you want extra wheels and track the car, then putting Hoosiers on the stock wheels and Michelin PSS on aftermarkets would be a great combo.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Yes Clinton and I have a different combo.
I run Bridgestones on the stock GT wheels for street use and Hoosiers on the BBS wheels for track days.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Yes Clinton and I have a different combo.
I run Bridgestones on the stock GT wheels for street use and Hoosiers on the BBS wheels for track days.

I'm only going by what I read on the net, (???) but I would think that PSS at a little better than Bridgestones for the street, but you need up sized wheels to get the right diameter. So if you are buying wheels anyway get them for PSS and run Hoosier on the stock sized wheels.

fordgtkwt

GT Owner
Mar 7, 2010
Japan
z

Last edited:

fordgtkwt

GT Owner
Mar 7, 2010
Japan
c

Last edited:

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
Ozgt i think it would be good to see the pzeros on ur stock wheels
If you hav a pic plz post it , and also would love to see a clearer pic of ur hre wheels now if u hav the time
The reason i m having doubts is that first i dont want after taken it to pzeros end up with an odd look
Cuz of the huge wheel size on the back 2nd i dont knw if ill face any problems later on when i start to use them
Do u think it will make a lot of difference since i only road use the car and only drive it from time to time ?

:facepalm: That's exactly the point of the photo in my last reply..... Pirellis on stock rims. Obv you couldn't pick that they were the stock rims. If you want to see more just go to GTSweden's post you recently commented on and look at the actual video of my car that he linked when it had the Pirelli Corsas on it for Top Gear Aust... If you already did that, you would most def have answered your own doubts about any 'odd look' such a tire change on stock rims might cause. Here, let me just link to it so you don't get confused about the thread and post I'm referring to: http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?26263-Time-for-some-more-power.&p=326796&viewfull=1#post326796

As for rubber making a diff, regardless of amount of driving, I think everyone here is trying to tell you, yes it will make a big diff if you put superior rubber to the OEM tires on the car. We aren't talking about tires you might put on a VW Polo that you occasionally drive to the shops, we are talking tires for a 550HP supercar that as you learnt the hard way yourself, needs top quality rubber to keep it on the road.

I though my earlier HRE pic was pretty clear but ok here's a couple more I have on hand. I haven't taken many photos at all in last few years.

dsc0906fg.jpgdsc0903itv.jpg

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Then again, based on observation at the Rally, at least two thirds were running stock Goodyears. Some swapped to Hoosiers for the track. Some came to the Rally with Hoosiers (tell me a Hoosier is better than a Goodyear on a wet road!). A few had Bridgestones. A few more had larger rims permitting more tire options.

Personally, with 638 hp, I like the Goodyears. I like the 40 aspect ratio. Perfect ratio of rubber to rim on this car. And, I have yet to see a rim that looks better than the OEM BBS. Yeah, they make a little noise on concrete, but overall give a nice compliant ride. Of course, just like any summer tire, they don't perform well when cold. That's why they are called summer tires. I just don't like what Goodyear charges for them.

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Then again, based on observation at the Rally, at least two thirds were running stock Goodyears. Some swapped to Hoosiers for the track. Some came to the Rally with Hoosiers (tell me a Hoosier is better than a Goodyear on a wet road!). A few had Bridgestones. A few more had larger rims permitting more tire options.

Personally, with 638 hp, I like the Goodyears. I like the 40 aspect ratio. Perfect ratio of rubber to rim on this car. And, I have yet to see a rim that looks better than the OEM BBS. Yeah, they make a little noise on concrete, but overall give a nice compliant ride. Of course, just like any summer tire, they don't perform well when cold. That's why they are called summer tires. I just don't like what Goodyear charges for them.

:dead:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

I bet if you tried the Bridgestones, you wouldn't go back to the Goodyears unless they reformulated their rubber compounds.

Separate from ride and traction quality is the road noise. The GYs are the loudest tires I have ever had. I could hardly hear the stock exhaust over them

As for the look, can you perceive the small increase in sidewall height looking at these 345 and 265 Bridgestones? I am pretty picky and tho I see a little more robustness, I would be hard pressed to say it was an extra 7-10mms of sidewall.

Attachments

• 100_0899.jpg
    100_0899.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 151

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS

+1 pics worth a thousand words!!! Love it!:rofl

Last edited:

fordgtkwt

GT Owner
Mar 7, 2010
Japan
z

Last edited:

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
The Bridgestones look great to me. More tire options mean 20" wheels though, and that I don't like as much. Given the continued price escalation of the Goodyears, my next set of tires will be Bridgestones.

fordgtkwt

GT Owner
Mar 7, 2010
Japan
G

Last edited:

fordgtkwt

GT Owner
Mar 7, 2010
Japan
h

Last edited:

GT1261

GT Owner
May 28, 2012
fordgtkwt...

My best friends GT ( yellow ) has a about 80hp more then my GT, but he is on the Good Year and I have always hated them since my vette C6 Z06 was on GYs. I am very much into tires and the specs around supertires and I have to say that my GT with the Bridgestones beat his GT in cornering and in acceleration from stand still. And when it is wet and little bit cold as it can be sometimes during swedish summer his GT is a night mare to drive because of the tires. I ordered the Bridgestones before my GT arrived from Italy. They are much better and also much better looking, also its cool to say that Enzo uses the same tires ;)

20121201_170447.jpg

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
2112 those bridgestone is the exact look i love on the gt it looks nearly like stock and i realy like it realy realy like it

Then it is resolved! Looks like we even won over Xcentric! That or wore him down. :wink

It is not the Tarmac, it is the GYs that are so loud. trust us.

As GTSweden mentioned, they will stick better too.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
I like your style.

CP2_9726.jpg