Accident in my gt !! :(((( plz helppppp !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Could shipping it stateside be the better answer? Meaning, could using experienced facilities cover the cost of shipping? :confused

fordgtkwt

GT Owner
Mar 7, 2010
Japan

Last edited:

fordgtkwt

GT Owner
Mar 7, 2010
Japan

Last edited:

fordgtkwt

GT Owner
Mar 7, 2010
Japan

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
The good news and bad news. The frame section under the air filter should be available as a separate piece, if not repairing the old one or fabricating a new one isn't a big deal. The bad news, is the tranaxle case is not sold separately, you have to buy a new transaxle or find a used one, or repair it.

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
It's not out of the questions to weld the crack in the case. I should be removed of course to be properly prepped.

Last edited:

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Agreed. The brace under the airbox is replaceable and was likely damaged because of the blow to the transmission

fordgtkwt

GT Owner
Mar 7, 2010
Japan

Last edited:

FordGT4fun

Sad to hear about your accident, but i hope you will be able to fix it quickly. Here on this forum you´re in good hands
You can also check with Dave Jones from Mountune in UK if it will help you.
Regards

Pierre

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
i knw i hav just bought an old new tire i dont knw how to put it in words but ( if i was to change to bridgestone i hav to change both tires ) i still hav alot to fix in the car, if you guys imagine it was sitting in the garage for a month and when i drove it for the first time after a month hell broke and as if its been cursed or i hav been cursed by someone or anyone :((( this car is everything i hav and everything i want to own for the rest of my life ! i cant help lookin at it like tht im trying to put every part i need together and in the shortest way possible to kuwait :( all i need is prayers and goodluck n most important a push a great one of ur help , still left for me is fenders LH FRONT BUMPER ,REAR BBS WHEELS LH FRONT WHEELS although the front looks fixable to me ,and many mre LH SHOCKS STRUTS ETC

+1 regarding those folks who already advised you to just get rid of those old stock Goodyears :facepalm:. You should have taken the opp to treat yourself to a whole new set of nice mags like HRE's or something and fit them with up to date rubber like Michelin Pilot Super Sports for example. I would Just put the stock rims away for safe keeping, like many of the us owner did long ago. Its prob those old stock Goodyears that contributed to the accident you had that you are cursing.

dlpaben

GT Owner
Dec 4, 2012
Hermosa Beach
Tirerack has the Goodyears that are brand new. The build code for the tires is 3 months ago.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Tirerack has the Goodyears that are brand new. The build code for the tires is 3 months ago.

Just don't know why someone would prefer the stock Goodyear tire, even if new, to Bridgestones, Michelins, or other tires that fit the stock or larger dimension wheels.

Higher price and lower performance, all to maintain an OEM set up and appearance?? :confused

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
Just don't know why someone would prefer the stock Goodyear tire, even if new, to Bridgestones, Michelins, or other tires that fit the stock or larger dimension wheels.

Higher price and lower performance, all to maintain an OEM set up and appearance?? :confused

+1 here totally agreed. OEM for OEM's sake. Even GM, godbless'em have finally come to their senses and commissioned Michelin Pilot Super Sports in a run-flat variety for the 2013 Corvette Stingray. I can already see the reviewers saying how might more grip the car will have when they test it over previous gens dreadful OEM Goodyears!

fordgtkwt

GT Owner
Mar 7, 2010
Japan
I

Last edited:

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
My advice is to go Bridgestones front and rear.
You still run your BBS wheels.

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
I hav made my decision guys , YES THE GOOD YEAR IS THE GREAT CAUSE OF THE ACCIDENT
i had the car in 2nd gear and was racing a gtr some mods done to it
2nd gear at 60mph was the role , FIRST that car had a lot of power in it but i knew its no problem for me
As its not the first time to do tht , but tht day the tire had patches of mud on it and kinda damp from street works
Anyways 2nd gear 60mph the car drifted like never did before and went out of control , i promise not yo race it from tht day on ill fix the car and just store it in my garage , anyways my decsion now is to go with the bridgestone rear only and keep front as good years ? Wat do u think , i dont want hre wheels first hav no money left 2nd i like the looks of the bbs

Don't want to come across condescending, but 'tire 101' lesson #1 is never ever mix brands or even compounds of rubber from same manufacturer:facepalm:. If you think you had a drama with the performance of the stock Goodyears, then I'd more or less guarantee you more trouble by mixing front and rear tires. That's of course unless you are seriously going to lock the car away and never drive, which sounds like a real shame to me. I might rarely take mine out, but when I do its one of the greatest pleasures I can ever get from driving when I do. When I haven't driven it for a couple of months I feel like I'm neglecting it. It's a pity you're hurting for money as you are def missing an opp to give the car the kind of rubber it deserves. If you like the look of the stock wheels, have you even seen how close, but even prettier a set of HRE's can look? Take a look at mine and comparative pic from another car(I don't have similar angle shot). If you like the look of factory, are you going to tell me the HRE's on mine deviate along way from factory look. It's not at all hard to have the best of both worlds with the right aftermarket wheels. BTW, things must be bad in Kuwait these days eh?

dsc0905a.jpgdsc0910l.jpggt3.jpg

fordgtkwt

GT Owner
Mar 7, 2010
Japan
I

Last edited:

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
It's quite easily possible to change to alternate tires on the stock rims. I happen to have a lot of photos from my car with pirelli corsas on stock rims from before I got the HRE's. To the anyone but you, it won't stand out at all that you haven't got factory rubber. My car was shown to a lot of people over the time it had the Pirellis and not a single person had a clue. Key was the grip was a hell of a lot better than Goodyears, especially since I installed the Whipple and other mods very soon after getting the car. With that said the grip was downright ordinary compared to nowadays with the HRE's. To me they are the sizing that the car should have had come from the factory. I couldn't advise you on what fitments are available nowadays for stock rims aside from Bridgestone you already know about. There's a dedicated tire thread here on the forum right in this section. That's the best place to start. And yes I thought you would prob agree it's possible to keep very 'authentic' to the stock rims if you choose the right model of aftermarket mags. I have to say god you are stretching my memory to nearly 5 years ago to remember the price on the HRE's. I had a good contact at the local distributors who custom ordered them from HRE and sourced the Michelin PS with them. I was actually surprised they weren't that expensive all up at the time, that much I remember. A bit of googling will be more relevant to what they cost today, than what I paid in 2008. My Kuwait ref was more an economic one, sorry if I sounded stereotypical there.

DSC_0178.jpg

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

+1 or +2 or whatever we are up tp

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
I personally felt awkward about the mixing brand idea
But i realy like the stock look very much , i dont mind changing tires also only if it will keep
The same nose up or down attitude , i dont want it looking awkward
About the car yes i was doing tht driving it from time to time and it is realy a pleasure but it hurts alot
When i see tht happening when i took out for the first time after a month of storage ,
If i go aftermarket tires stock wheels bbs wat tires shall i use beside the goodyear ?
And your wheels are realy realy a looker those hre look like the bbs
How much did they cost for all 4 without tires ? And kuwait is fine , bad in wat way ? Its only cold now thts it

What has been recommended to you a number of times is to switch to Bridgestone tires on your stock rims. I'd say the majority of GT owners running stock wheels and removed the original Goodyears have made this change.

Here is a thread that lists Bridgestone and other tire manufactures, their specs and overall height compared to the OEM Goodyears. Our GT friend Fubar put this together. It will provide alot of insight for you. Continued best of luck>

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?12372-THE-Tire-Thread&highlight=tire+thread

Last edited: