ABS Light

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
I took my car out today for the first time since the fall. When I started it, the ABS Light came on. What does it mean and how do I fix it?

Joe

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
I would hook up an OBD reader to the port and determine what code it’s throwing.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Yep, then re-set it and see if it comes back....but drive careful in the meantime, the last thing these cars need is one less safety feature....LOL

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
Sometimes when battery voltage is low on start up the modules need to see above 10.7 volts and if low it will set a warning lamp on. When you move the car and it see's wheel speed and propper voltage it will turn the lamp off it's self.

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
It was on a Battery Tender. It started up perfectly. I drove it a few miles and restarted it a couple of times. I still have the light.

Joe

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
A code will not be held within the ECU (ENGINE control unit) and will not be accessible through a common code reader.

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
I think the “abs” warning light is indicating you have self isolated too long and your stomach has lost its six pack. It is a warning for you to do some crunches.

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
I took my car out today for the first time since the fall. When I started it, the ABS Light came on. What does it mean and how do I fix it?

Joe

Joe, did you happen to get new different sized tires and notice the ABS light after car was already moving?

Just throwing this out there as a possibility.

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
My tires are three years old and it never went out after starting.

Joe

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
A good thought, but in this case, tire size is unlikely to be the problem.
Hope that you get it worked out soon.
Best,
mark

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
My mechanic determined that it is a bad sensor. He tried to get one from Ford but they refused to sell it until he showed them my Registration. I find that weird.

Joe

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
My mechanic determined that it is a bad sensor. He tried to get one from Ford but they refused to sell it until he showed them my Registration. I find that weird.

Joe
Ford GT parts have had to have proof of ownership for quite some time now.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I'm appreciative of this process, even if a pain. It is to prevent hoarding 3rd party parts resellers from snapping up inventory.

He tried to get one from Ford but they refused to sell it until he showed them my Registration. I find that weird.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
The ABS sensor is unique to the GT? I would've thought it was common to other Ford vehicles, especially since the wheel hubs are off some other vehicle. Any insight appreciated.

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
The Sensor(P/N 4G7Z2C204AA) was replaced and all is well. The Part was cheap. I have a little over 27,000 Miles.

Joe