A very special birthday

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Happy birthday to our beloved GT guy Rich Brooks!!!
A living legend is among us! We cherish you Rich! (And Dennis of course)
This is about Rich
Before the Ford GT was born he was an associate engineer at Roush Industries for 12 years. He has have worked on numerous prototype programs: engine dyne, chassis dyno, ground up prototype builds, instrumentation and heat protection vehicles, Auto show, and SEMA vehicles. In the Spring of 1997 he was asked to transfer into Ford’s SVT department. During his stay in SVT he worked on the Lightning pickup, 2000 Cobra R, SVT Contour, 2003 Cobra, Ford GT, Shelby GT500, Raptor, and most of the other SVT Coletti special projects. My Ford GT experience is a little different than most because he was on the development team from the beginning. He had first heard of the (GT40) project when he was on the 2003 Cobra (Terminator) project. he then found out that Roush was going to build a concept/show car for the 2002 Detroit Auto Show and then it was going to turn into another program for us. As they were picking the people for the program he was picked to be the program coordinator (middle man between the engineers and the shop). His first responsibility was to make sure the 9 workhorses were built in time and to the requirements of each system engineer. We then started building Workhorse 1 on October 1 and then finished it on November 12, 2003 (6 weeks). After that they then built the remaining 8 prototypes. Near the end of the workhorse builds we were tasked with building the three Centennial show cars to be unveiled at the Ford 100 year anniversary. These three cars were to be as representative as possible at the time. They built all three cars in record time and they were driven across the stage with an overwhelming response from the crowd at the 100th Ford anniversary show in Dearborn, MI. Shortly after the show we had been told that the program had been officially approved. Once these cars were built they continued onto the show and marketing circuit where most of the now owners saw them for the first time. Near the end of the build of these three cars he was assigned to assist Saleen in setting up their assembly line and helping them build the first 5 of the 15 CP (confirmation prototypes) cars. Once they were underway he then went back to Roush to continue the coordination of the entire GT fleet. It was his responsibility to make sure all the cars were updated accordingly with the latest and greatest parts and get them to their respective engineer. Once official production started he was directly involved with the control arm retrofits as they were to be performed off site in order to keep the Wixom assembly line moving. Once this was completed he went back onsite to where the rest of the development team was to continue assisting with the program. Once the Ford GT program finally neared the end of production is when the company, The GT Guy LLC, was born. Since February 2006 The GT Guy LLC has worked on almost half of the Ford GT's produced.
Did I hear the number 40????

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Forty? He's still just a kid.

'Hava happy', Rich!

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
He is a very special guy...and a GT Guy to boot! Happy Birthday Rich.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Happy Birthday, Rich......from the Jersey Boys.

Howard

Dolph

GT Owner
Dec 25, 2012
Ruston, LA
Happy Birthday Rich. Thanks for what you did for my car.

Dolph

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
That's a great resume but what's even better is The GT Guy is a really good guy.

Thanks for working on my car and for all the great advice!

Very very best birthday wishes Rich!! :party

Kirk

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Happy Birthday Rich. Hope you got to take the GT for a ride.

Nice recap of your career. The best part is that you're still on the GT program.

jim gibson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 13, 2009
warren, ohio
Happy birthday Rich, thank you for helping me when I call !

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Happy birthday Rich, thank you for helping me when I call !
Rich and Dennis sure are great about helping over the phone!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Happy Birthday, Rich! I can't thank you enough for all that you and Denis have done for me. You're the best!

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Happy Birthday Rich, many many more healthy happy ones to come!!!

Mark McGowan

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 31, 2006
Happy birthday Rich, ten years ago I am betting you would have never expected to be where you are today. So glad that you guys made the grade for all things GT. Enjoy your day.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Happy birthday to our beloved GT guy Rich Brooks!!!
A living legend is among us! We cherish you Rich! (And Dennis of course)
Since February 2006 The GT Guy LLC has worked on almost half of the Ford GT's produced.

Have a great one Rich - and thank you so much for taking such great care of my GT!

As regards the GT Guys, they go quietly about their work, maybe too quietly. Each time I see them, I reflect on the above statistic - they have worked on 1/2 of all the GT's produced. That's an amazing testament to their work! Rock On Boys!!

Last edited:

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Happy Birthday Rich!

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
:party Have a great day!

:cheers
Anders

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Here's a Big Happy Birthday Wish a from Texas Rich, with Many, Many More in your future. Have a great day.

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Have a great day Rich.....enjoyed tipping a few in Sonoma!

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Happy birthday Rick. See you in a couple weeks at your shop.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Happy Birthday buddy! Many more to come. Keep up the good work.

PS - you might get a better biographer.

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Frank. A better biographer? Is that because you think Ron "butchered" it?