A New Ford GT Acquisition....In Hindsight.

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
THANK YOU CHIP.

Your «*declaration of love*» to the Ford GT is absolutely remarkable, and I share everything you say.

In our very regrettable world of "fast writing" and minimal expression, a magnificent text like yours has unfortunately become very rare, both in terms of its content and of its form.

Thank you for taking the time to write this elegant, refined and chiseled text as an 18th century sculpture.

Thank you for having demonstrated that the world of the Ford GT owners, was not just made of very rich fast speed enthusiasts. You prove very brilliantly that it is made of persons having a much more precious wealth : Elegance, pure enthusiasm and humain sensitivity.

You start all your texts by, Gentlemen ....
You have just demonstrated that you are truly a «*Gentleman*».

Best regards from France.

Saint Ho.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Well done Chip. The car, the people, and what the forum does to put this all together has been a life changing experience for Donna and me.

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
Nice work Chip. That was an enjoyable read.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
The GT's effect on those that appreciate the heritage, performance, ect. is undeniable. The GT Forum, its members and the epic gatherings is one of a kind and Charlie coming back to the US is no doubt music to your ears. Good for you on enjoying the journey. Why else would we do all this if it didn't bring us joy. All the best to you guys and looking forward to the next time we gather and fire up the engines.

Vince H

Last edited:

LOVE CHP

GT Owner
May 30, 2007
Central Calif.
Chip: So enjoyable to read your personal feelings about the GTs and the Forum. Anyone who has been involved with the Forum and the people involved will agree with you. I am still waiting for my '19 to be built and many of my friends keep asking me" did you get your GT yet?" It seems like every "car guy" wants to know when and if I have the GT yet. Actually, it is frustrating waiting, but will be worth it!! I will just have to continue enjoying my '06 until then. Carry on!

Raj Nair

Ford GT Team Alumni
Mar 10, 2015
It’s incredibly satisfying to know that there are people like yourselves who truly understand what makes the new GT so special...

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
It’s incredibly satisfying to know that there are people like yourselves who truly understand what makes the new GT so special...

Thanks for making Chapter 2 for us!!. We all love our 05 and 06's. We never knew this new car was coming and now it's taking the World by storm. .!! Livin the dream wearing GT 40 colored glasses..!!

john gourley

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 27, 2006
Gotta Love that Chip!

Pat Milliken Ford

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 15, 2017
Redford, Michigan
Well said Chip!

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
As stated by so many others in this thread, Chip, you have so eloquently put thumb to text. We are a small band of brothers that have experienced what few on this earth ever will. Men of the mind united by a car so special, it transcends time. I consider myself blessed to have the experiences and friendships related to my Ford GT.
Party on!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
sounds good hearing your torch for the NFGT still burns that hot.

hoping that my excitement will be as great as yours ... looking forward to the next turn of application next month.

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
DSC_2217.jpg

The last day of our Lampoon European vacation. Great memories!

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
As I've said before, hands down the greatest reward of ownership of my '05 hasn't been driving it but the people I've met through it and now call friends. Well stated Chip.

Last edited:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
View attachment 52850

The last day of our Lampoon European vacation. Great memories!

Brian,

Every time a photo of one of us on that GT trek around Europe pops up I stare at it in amazement. Did we really ship our GT’s over there and do that?!?!?

Chip

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Brian,

Every time a photo of one of us on that GT trek around Europe pops up I stare at it in amazement. Did we really ship our GT’s over there and do that?!?!?

Chip

People overuse the phrase “once in a lifetime....”. That truly was a once in a lifetime opportunity. I’m so happy for the people fortunate enough to experience such an awesome and wonderful event and at the same time so bummed I missed it. At least I made the last two Le Mans and will be there next year but missing the first one will always be the one that got away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
People overuse the phrase “once in a lifetime....”. That truly was a once in a lifetime opportunity. I’m so happy for the people fortunate enough to experience such an awesome and wonderful event and at the same time so bummed I missed it.

Indeed. The best decision I've made in the past few years was attending the LeMans event in 2016.

Like lightening and winning lottery tickets - rare and to be appreciated!

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Chip, you nailed it! I wish I had the time and patience to sit down and put into words my feelings, but you did it for me! It’s a unique, visceral experience indeed.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Indeed. The best decision I've made in the past few years was attending the LeMans event in 2016.
+1 great expierence

Nice reflection Chip!
Reading your words awakened many great memories I’ve experienced since purchasing my GT over 10 years ago. Every aspect of this great automobile is special... from its heritage to its head turning looks and performance, the GT never ceases to impress. However, what puts ownership over the top is this Forum and its members. It’s been awesome getting to know you and your passion for the GT is infectious. In fact, everyone I’ve met at the events have made ownership of this car that much better!
Dave

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
It was a crazy 2500 miles! Can’t wait to start piling on mileage in the new car, maybe it will see Europe too? (Sorry, couldn’t get images to rotate)

Attachments

• Eu1.jpg
    Eu1.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 50
  • Eu2.jpg
    Eu2.jpg
    278.7 KB · Views: 49
Last edited by a moderator: