A Decent Price for a GT

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
This auction just closed: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-GT-6-SPEED-MANUAL-BLACK-MCINTOSH-MILES-5K-AZ-EXOTIC_W0QQitemZ4573786361QQcategoryZ6057QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It looks like a pretty good deal, although the car was an early recall model with nearly 5000 miles on it. I don't know whether this means anything with relation to the price on brand new cars, but it is nonetheless interesting.

wonkawonka

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Lebanon
w. mitty said:
It looks like a pretty good deal, although the car was an early recall model with nearly 5000 miles on it. I don't know whether this means anything with relation to the price on brand new cars, but it is nonetheless interesting.

Yes, prices will soon end up at MSRP. Now Ford seems to have raised MSRP by $10k lately, so will that mean that MSRP for a fully loaded car will be somewhere around $160k? We're close to it now.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
wonkawonka said:
Yes, prices will soon end up at MSRP. Now Ford seems to have raised MSRP by $10k lately, so will that mean that MSRP for a fully loaded car will be somewhere around $160k? We're close to it now.

I've got the order form for the MY06 car, and an optioned out car comes in significantly over 160k :eek Choose the stereo, wheels, stripes, red or gray painted calipers, and the heritage livery paint job with vinyl numbers, and you're almost at 180k(the sheet does not list the price of the paint job, but I'm told it's ~13k). :willy

It should be mildly interesting to see how the increase affects 05 prices.

Last edited:

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
DBK the livery option is $13K but with that you can't order any other strip option so net is $8K difference from stripes.

Base was 139K so now its moved to $149..5K stripes, 5K stereo, 4K wheels moves you to $164 without TTL so your close.

matt

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
427Aggie said:
DBK the livery option is $13K but with that you can't order any other strip option so net is $8K difference from stripes.

Base was 139K so now its moved to $149..5K stripes, 5K stereo, 4K wheels moves you to $164 without TTL so your close.

matt

Good point. I didn't take out the cost of the regular stripes. The base before options now is up to 153,345 including guzzler and destination. Still a bargain. :thumbsup

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
Is the 10K price increase only for the '06 models, or are some of the late '05s going to be affected by the price jump as well? :confused

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
vyprgt2 said:
Is the 10K price increase only for the '06 models, or are some of the late '05s going to be affected by the price jump as well? :confused

As far as I know, it is only for MY06 cars. I do not believe it will affect the MY05 cars.

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
vyprgt2 said:

It cannot affect cars already built with a sticker on them. There was a point in time where any car produced after that date would face the increase

DanQ

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2005
Lake Zurich, IL
I thought the price increase was effective on cars built (invoiced is the wording on the announcement) after 7/1/05? At least that is the information quoted from the fordgtprices.com site

wonkawonka

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Lebanon
Which reminds me: where can I find when my car was built exactly?
Is there some way to get the building history of a GT through its VIN?
Thx

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
wonkawonka said:
Thx

Excuse me in advance, but if you are an owner you should have a special number to call and if you provide them with your VIN #, which identififes you, you should be able to get the information you desire.

BTW never, repeat never post or reveal your vin number as the last 4 digits could enable someone to call and claim to be you.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
DanQ said:
I thought the price increase was effective on cars built (invoiced is the wording on the announcement) after 7/1/05? At least that is the information quoted from the fordgtprices.com site

Anybody have a definitive answer to this?

DanQ

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2005
Lake Zurich, IL
wonkawonka said:
Thx

You are probably looking for the "day" your car was built, correct? The month it was built is on the door sticker. Here is a picture from an ebay listing
http://photos.ebizautos.com/5165/709113_21.jpg

wonkawonka

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Lebanon
Doh, I'll look at the door. :)
As for the special number to call, no I never got that number when I bought my car. Was the dealer supposed to give it to me?

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I was just at the GT plant in Troy on Monday. I thought I heard the 10k was on all cars not yet built which included a few 2005 models. I think they were still building 2005's.

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
centerpunch said:
Kind of hard to keep it a secret when it's visible at the bottom of the windshield, right?

Why publish it on the web as several owners have done? That's the point.

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
What date was it made?

Look on the window sticker in the lower right hand corner. There is a date there which means on regular Fords the date assembly starts. The GT is a multi-facility built vehicle. I am not sure but that will probably give you a date that it started down the Wixom line. When you take any Ford in for service, the invoice will list the exact build date from the Oasis computer system. I would imagine that you dealer could key this in for you short of actually taking it in for service. I will call mine and see what he comes up with.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
My car had a paper sticker showing the born on date.

saber

GT Owner
Sep 25, 2005
NYC
The one I purchased (I am picking up tomorrow) was assembled on 6/15/05 based on the sticker date but had the old (cheaper) MSRP. The dealer said it is because he ordered it so long ago that Ford had to honor the original price.

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
wonkawonka said:

Gents,

Great forum for an outstanding car. As prices slowly start to drop towards MSRP, I was wondering if anybody had any thoughts on when or even if the prices on used GT's would ever make it into the $125K region? I have a deposit on a AM V8 Vantage for a 2007 delivery but would cancel the order if I had the opportunity to pick up a GT (even if it meant waiting an extra year or two).

Regards,
waldo