A Companion for my Ford GT…."The First Supercar"

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I guess I'm bored, waiting on the New FGT application to be released....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cgJuVOrXv68

http://kidston.com/view_movie.php?id=59

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
AJ, found these in my phone. They're pictures from Keels and Wheels back in 2011. Is this your car?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 263
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 254

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
I was literally JUST thinking about taking the kids to Keels and Wheels. I believe it's next weekend. You going, Dave?

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
I was literally JUST thinking about taking the kids to Keels and Wheels. I believe it's next weekend. You going, Dave?

I'll be hooning around Big Bend next week so unfortunetely will miss the show, which I love.

Hot rumour for next year's KnW is that it will include vintage races: i believe the plan is to use the vast open parking facilities of NASA just down the road, and run a full complement of vintage classes. Hope my engine builder has finally finished the motor for the GT350R by then!

Longhorn

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Houston
This is my all-time favorite Italian! Congratulations!!!

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
AJ, found these in my phone. They're pictures from Keels and Wheels back in 2011. Is this your car?

Not my car, but similar. This KnW car in your pics is a Miura S. My car is an earlier P400. My car has been upgraded to S spec brakes and the motor is rebuilt SV spec now.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Not my car, but similar. This KnW car in your pics is a Miura S. My car is an earlier P400. My car has been upgraded to S spec brakes and the motor is rebuilt SV spec now.
So you're saying these cars are actually as common as dirt?

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
So you're saying these cars are actually as common as dirt?

Actually, about as common as the new Ford GT!

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Frankie and his nephew came up to DFW for the Ferrari dealership concorso. I crashed the party with the pistachio machine. Nice visit and thanks for the pic Dr. Frank,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 177

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
Frankie and his nephew came up to DFW for the Ferrari dealership concorso. I crashed the party with the pistachio machine. Nice visit and thanks for the pic Dr. Frank,

You had the car looking perfect Doc, and there was a crowd around it all day ! Thanks for bringing it out !

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Please note the headlights are up. Be glad I didn't send your wife the pics with all the women.

HUBBSTER

GT Owner
May 9, 2010
Miami, FL
I traded one of my vintage V12 Ferrari's in a private deal for this iconic 2 seater. This car won best in show at Concorso Italiano in the early 2000's. It was best Lambo there 3 times. 4000 hr. restoration over 3.5 years. The restoration has held up well over the last decade. The paint is immaculate. It's a 1967 P400 but has upgraded S spec suspension and brakes, and has a split sump conversion of the matching numbers motor to SV specs. This car evokes the same emotions as a FGT or CGT. The engine note is visceral. One can see the design elements of the GT40 that were used by Gandini at Bertone.

Miura is a beauty, Congratulations. I would however say that the Duesenburg was the 1st Supercar.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Nice morning drive down the PCH. Went to Big Sur. Doubled back and crashed the soirée at Casa Ferrari. Ran into fellow FGTForum members John Gourley and Tom Turner. Then on to Carmel to see the Tour cars at lunch.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 381
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 371
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 397

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Gorgeous Lusso

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Gorgeous Lusso

+1 although I prefer the dark blue; definitely on my "if I ever win the lotto" list of cars :)

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
+1 although I prefer the dark blue; definitely on my "if I ever win the lotto" list of cars :)

Like this one I got to see a few years back ?

Enjoying your journey Doc !

Attachments

• Lusso%20-%2005.jpg
    Lusso%20-%2005.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 304
  • Lusso%20-%2011.jpg
    Lusso%20-%2011.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 362
  • Lusso%20-%2002.jpg
    Lusso%20-%2002.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 303
  • Lusso%20-%2025.jpg
    Lusso%20-%2025.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 353

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Like this one I got to see a few years back ?

Enjoying your journey Doc !

yes please!

however I would probably be the only guy that would put fatter tires and wheels on it and drive it around

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
When I was working at Brown and Root in Houston there was an oil tool salesman that used to visit my office periodically. He usually came in his dark blue Lusso, beautiful to see and so awesome that he actually drove it

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
When I was working at Brown and Root in Houston there was an oil tool salesman that used to visit my office periodically. He usually came in his dark blue Lusso, beautiful to see and so awesome that he actually drove it

great now I know what I wana come back as in the next life, oil tool salesman! who would have thought!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
No, in your next life you want to come back as one of DBK's kids.