Edmonton, Alberta
Oh man, congrats, that's gorgeous!!!

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Gorgeous!
I remember reading a road and track on 10 best cars late 60's to early 70's, There it was the Miura SV, Always wanted one, I had a Daytona (since sold), but always wanted (and still do) a Miura. It was similar to Ford and the GT 40 project, Ferruccio Lamboghini after being snubbed by Ferrari, telling Enzo where "to stick it".

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Congrats AJ great aquisition - see you in a couple days

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
Man you have my respect! I am jealous. Seen one of them on the road at Pebble beach and it was a magical experience for me. Enjoy it!

I traded one of my vintage V12 Ferrari's in a private deal for this iconic 2 seater. This car won best in show at Concorso Italiano in the early 2000's. It was best Lambo there 3 times. 4000 hr. restoration over 3.5 years. The restoration has held up well over the last decade. The paint is immaculate. It's a 1967 P400 but has upgraded S spec suspension and brakes, and has a split sump conversion of the matching numbers motor to SV specs. This car evokes the same emotions as a FGT or CGT. The engine note is visceral. One can see the design elements of the GT40 that were used by Gandini at Bertone.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You guys don't know what he got rid of.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX

Good point, Doc. To even make a dent in the price of that Miura, I imagine it wasn't a Mondial.

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Only Ferrari I'd take over that is a 250 GTO......Otherwise than that Lambo is my favorite car.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
That and a 507 and I'd never buy another car. Congrats

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida

It had to be one heck of a car as an original crossed at Mecum Monterey for $2.3 million, an earlier version I believe, not including the juice.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Such an awesome car! Enjoy!

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Speechless.

Utterly EPIC

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Simply phenomenal.
There is a fella here in SoCal that brings one to a Cars and Coffee from time to time. He is very willing to answer all my questions as I drool over the car.
Question....what is a Miura like to drive?

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Simply phenomenal.
There is a fella here in SoCal that brings one to a Cars and Coffee from time to time. He is very willing to answer all my questions as I drool over the car.
Question....what is a Miura like to drive?

The car is a bit cramped since I'm 6'4". Headroom is same as my FGT, but it's a bit like driving a go cart with the knees bent. There's no AC or radio in a P400. It's all engine sound track. Very mechanical with 4 triple choke Webers. The induction noise is almost like a turbine. Car is pretty light up front so steering is pretty easy despite no power steering. I've driven the car on 3 short trips so my experience is a bit limited. Last owner deferred maintainence so once I get the fluids done and a minor water pump leak fixed, it will definitely drive it more plus go to cars and coffee locally.

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I just had to bump this. A car designer that used to rent from me just had his first child, a girl, and named her Miura. Now that is dedication.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Cool story!

I'm currently in Spain.

Here's some stuff I posted on FB and copied to here:

Sorry for the sideways iPhone pics!

The great Manolete, Spain's most famous bullfighter. He died tragically at age 30 in 1947 when he was gored by a Miura bull named Islero. General Franco ordered 3 days of national mourning.

What does this all have to do with a car? Well, in the early '60s Ferrucio Lamborghini became friends with Don Eduardo Miura, who bred the famous fighting bulls near Seville. Lamborghini subsequently named all his cars after famous Spanish fighting bulls (except for the Countach). Other cars with bull names include the Islero, Jalpa, Diablo, Jarama, Aventador, Espada, Huracan, Murcielago, Reventon, and the Gallardo. The raging bull is the symbol for Lambos much like the "cavallino rampante" is to Ferrari's.

The Lamborghini Miura is considered one the most beautiful car designs ever. My 1967 lime green car is one of 760 Miura's made between '67 and '73.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 422
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 383

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Simply Incredible!!!!

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Mid-engined madness!

Finally got some time to take pics of the Miura and FGT next to each other. The Miura was in the shop to address a lot of deferred maintenance. New period correct tires, shock rebuild, all fluids, and rebuild of the water pump. The last owner drove it a 100 miles in 2 years. :frown
I took it out for a nice 80-90 mile outing yesterday. For an almost 50 year old car, it still looks like something from the future.

Attachments

• IMG_4272.jpg
    IMG_4272.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_4306.jpg
    IMG_4306.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_4290.jpg
    IMG_4290.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 304

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Man, that is an incredible pair.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Incredible, Ajay. Was told you were a hit at Dallas C&C yesterday.