A Cautionary Tale

GT1261

GT Owner
May 28, 2012
Dont know what to say. Glad that you are ok but that was very very stupid by the idiot in the Mazda. Hope he learned his lesson. BUT STILL the last idiot is not yet born.
When I am out driving my cars people with (not) Fast and Funious cars always drive very close and try to race me ALL THE TIME.
Lets hope your experience never strikes me or anyone else.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
It happens, all you can do is keep your whits about you (and a fully loaded automatic weapon).

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Have you ever been to a car show where a kid takes his hot wheels and runs it along the rear flare of your car while their parent simply look on...

Nope - that happened on the showroom floor 10 minutes after I had bought #1079.

Un-be-dadgum-lievable.

And to top it off, the kid's mother's NOSE got all bent out of shape when 1/2 the sales force on the floor as well as myself instantly BELLOWED at the both of them over it.

Luckily, even thought the kid's toy car was M-E-T-A-L, its tires were not. They were rubber. 'Not a mark.

That's probably why I'm not serving 20-to-life somewhere now...

Mr. Mitty obviously has faaaaaar more self control than I.

Last edited:

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
That's probably why I'm [edit - delete] serving 20-to-life somewhere now...

Finally, the real reason Pockets' cars don't get any miles......

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Finally, the real reason Pockets' cars don't get any miles......

:agree: :lol

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Both of you:

May your "Mega Bucks" slot machine bet in 'Vegas be awarded a $30 mil jackpot...and may the Nevada Gaming Commission invalidate it because the machine malfunctioned.

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Nope - that happened on the showroom floor 10 minutes after I had bought #1079.

You bought 1079? I thought 1079 was written off at Le Mans 1968? Maybe you're speaking of some pretender to 1079?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Both of you:

May your "Mega Bucks" slot machine bet in 'Vegas be awarded a $30 mil jackpot...and may the Nevada Gaming Commission invalidate it because the machine malfunctioned.

Very unlikely. I don't go to Vegas too often and when I do I don't bet on slot machines.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Thanks for sharing Mitty! I can say is wow. I will use your experience to help me, if needed, in the future.

Ed

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
That really stinks. Glad there were no injuries and your car was easily fixed. A teenage girl in an oncoming car lost control when she was fiddling with her cell phone and hit me head on in a brand new truck I had. I didn't even drive it after it was repaired. I traded it as soon as it rolled out of the body shop. I can only imagine how you felt when your $250k plus car was hit.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
That's awful. Have had lots of cars and had to deal with some real idiots wanting to race, etc. It does get annoying at times, I just try to ignore the really crazy ones. Most people are very nice.

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
I don't know how you kept your cool...I think I would have killed the idiot.

GT's and exotics are a rare site around these parts...every time I get mine out someone does something stupid. My wife was following me home one day and a car load of kids just about took her out from the rear in an attempt to pass her and get up close to my car. For the most part I ignore people if they appear to be asshats and if conditions are safe I will out accelerate someone to get away from them. Most of them just want to see it go fast...I haven't had anyone want to try to race but I'm sure it will happen. These kids play XBOX and think they can drive a real car that way.

Recently my son had some friends over for his 15th birthday. About 10 of them spent the night. They were hanging out in the garage after having a bonfire down by the river. I was a bit nervous about them being around the GT but decided to relax. When they came inside I went out to the garage to check the car. One of the idiot kids had leaned up against the car and put his greasy pizza and Doritos covered hands all over the fender. I was not happy. Luckily there were no scratches or anything in the paint. With them having been down at the river I was just picturing some kids pants covered in sand up against my car. I told all of them that no one is to be near that car for the rest of the night. Told my boy I could absolutely not believe he'd let someone sit up against that car. It's probably a good thing I didn't walk out there when he was leaning on it. Hate being a prick, but who in their right mind leans up against a car like that? I don't even lean on my 2005 F-250. A neighbor kid was down at our house talking to our daughter. He was leaning up against my Cobra when I walked outside. I told him I wouldn't lean on his cars at his house and he better get his ass off of mine. Daughter got chewed out for that one as well. Neighbor kids don't like me much but I don't put up with any crap. People just don't have any respect for others property anymore. God forbid I ever catch someone posing on it or against it someplace in public.

458 is such a sweet car...probably my favorite...maybe someday I'll be able to afford one. We are in China right now on business and we were passed by a black one on the highway the other day. Jesus it sounded good.