8th Annual Barrett-Jackson FGT Dinner PHOTOS on page 5.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

This year we are moving this function back to Don & Charlie's in Scottsdale after several years at the El Chorro Lodge as last years function was unreasonably expensive. Both the food and cocktails are outstanding at Don & Charlie's and members can expect a tab WAY LOWER than last year. This will be the 8th annual gathering of the faithful at Barrett-Jackson and I can promise everybody a great time so please join us. I will arrange separate and secure parking for members who drive their GTs. As many of our heavy hitters will be bidding on Friday and Saturday night, this function is always held on Thursday evening. Cocktails will be served at 7 o'clock with dinner at approximately 7:30 on Thursday, January 16.

Most of you have attended one of these functions before and know how they operate but for those who have not here's the lowdown. At the end of the night the tab for food and cocktails (3 maximum per person) will be totaled, an 18% tip added, and the bill is divided by the number of attendees. EVERYBODY PAYS IN CASH so bring a pocketful of $20 bills. Expected tab of about $80 per person. In order to keep things fair and reasonable for everybody a few menu items will be restricted and only individual cocktails may be ordered. If somebody wants to order a bottle of wine or champagne you will have to go to the bar and pay for it separately.

If you've never been to Don and Charlie's before you are in for a treat. In addition to the world's finest baby back ribs as well as amazing steaks and seafood, Don Carson has assembled the most spectacular collection of sports memorabilia in the entire state of Arizona.

Again, I know last year's function was ridiculously expensive but that will not happen again. This year, the first round of drinks for everybody will be on me. Post up here if you intend to join us and let me know if you're bringing your GT so I can arrange parking. I anticipate some Ford GT Team Members joining us.

I hope to see many of you on Thursday, January 16 at 7 PM. :cheers :cheers :cheers

All the best.

Chip

1. Chip Beck/Susan Underhill - 2 - with GT
2. Buddy Stubbs - 1
3. WmJim - 2
4. Myellow5 - 2
5. Mark McGowan - 2 - S550 Mustang
6. Specracer - 3
7. JGB - 2 - with GT
8. MNJason - 1
9. GT Tech - 2
10. BlueMoose - 1 - with GT
11. Rsman - 3 - McLaren & R8
12. NavyVet - 2 - with GT
13. dochemi - 1 - with 458
14. Flagstaff GT - 2 - with GT
15. Partssman - 2

Last edited:

wmjim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Thanks, Chip
We plan on being there and would love to attend.

Gary & Donna Woolley - 2
Jim & Lynn Kreber - 2

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Thanks, Chip
We plan on being there and would love to attend.

Gary & Donna Woolley - 2
Jim & Lynn Kreber - 2
Hey Chip,
Thanks for putting this together see everyone there.
Gary and Donna

Mark McGowan

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 31, 2006
Thanks Chip,
Lynn and I will be attending. Will bring a S550 Mustang as well. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Chip, my wife and are in, we will have one additional guest as well, so count us in as 3.

Look forward to it as always.

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Chip, count me in. I missed last year. I look forward to seeing everyone.

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
You know Evelyn and I are there. Still working on the other thing I mentioned.
Thanks for doing this again Chip.

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
Hello Chip, Michele and I will be there with GT. Looking forward to seeing everyone. And thank you!

John.

rsman

GT Owner
Jun 2, 2007
Hello Chip, Michele and I will be there with GT. Looking forward to seeing everyone. And thank you!

John.

Thx Chip.I plan on attending with 2 guests,Jesse Menzer and David Barnes.Expect we will be arriving in McLaren Spyder and Audi R8 V10 Spyder. Look forward to event. Best Regards, Chris Vegesack.

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Anyone coming in from the west on Camelback that could give me a ride to avoid showing up in something less than an exotic? :) My GT is parked safe and sound in MN. Its -15 right now!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Chip, we will be a total of 3.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
28 and counting!!!

Gentlemen,

This year we will have another fine turnout as 28 members have posted up with 2 days to go. Take a short break from the auction and join us for sparkling conversation on Thursday night!! :cheers

See you there!!:banana :banana :banana

Here is the latest list.

2. Buddy Stubbs - 1
3. WmJim - 2
4. Myellow5 - 2
6. Specracer - 3
7. JGB - 2 - with GT
8. MNJason - 1
9. GT Tech - 2
10. BlueMoose - 1 - with GT
13. dochemi - 1 - with 458
14. Flagstaff GT - 2 - with GT
15. Partssman - 2

Chip

Last edited:

NavyVet

GT Owner
Nov 27, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Chip, count my wife, Carmen, and me in with the GT. Thanks again for pulling this together! - Mike

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
28 and counting!!!

Gentlemen,

Excellent......28 and counting! If you are going to be at Barrett-Jackson you should join us. Hell, you should make the scene even if you aren't going to Barrett-Jackson. Be there or be square.

Chip

Last edited:

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Barry and Arlette Levitan, in one GT, will be there. Thanks.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Matech Racing Book Set

Gentlemen,

It looks like we'll be having a fine turn out. Steven Nesta has been kind enough to send me from England the prototype books from the Matech Racing 2010 Championship Season book set so that attendees at this year's Barrett Jackson dinner will have a chance to examine them. These three books are an incredible piece of work and although I do not have the painted and lined wooden display case that they will be delivered in the books by themselves are most impressive. I look forward to seeing everybody a little over a week.

Chip

Attachments

• Books.jpg
    Books.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 362

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

As this event gets closer please post up or PM me if anybody want to add or subtract to the number who will be attending so I can give our hosts a fairly accurate #. See you soon.

Chip

dochemi

Nov 13, 2010
Gentlemen,

This year we are moving this function back to Don & Charlie's in Scottsdale after several years at the El Chorro Lodge as last years function was unreasonably expensive. Both the food and cocktails are outstanding at Don & Charlie's and members can expect a tab WAY LOWER than last year. This will be the 8th annual gathering of the faithful at Barrett-Jackson and I can promise everybody a great time so please join us. I will arrange separate and secure parking for members who drive their GTs. As many of our heavy hitters will be bidding on Friday and Saturday night, this function is always held on Thursday evening. Cocktails will be served at 7 o'clock with dinner at approximately 7:30 on Thursday, January 16.

Most of you have attended one of these functions before and know how they operate but for those who have not here's the lowdown. At the end of the night the tab for food and cocktails (3 maximum per person) will be totaled, an 18% tip added, and the bill is divided by the number of attendees. EVERYBODY PAYS IN CASH so bring a pocketful of $20 bills. Expected tab of about $80 per person. In order to keep things fair and reasonable for everybody a few menu items will be restricted and only individual cocktails may be ordered. If somebody wants to order a bottle of wine or champagne you will have to go to the bar and pay for it separately.

If you've never been to Don and Charlie's before you are in for a treat. In addition to the world's finest baby back ribs as well as amazing steaks and seafood, Don Carson has assembled the most spectacular collection of sports memorabilia in the entire state of Arizona.

Again, I know last year's function was ridiculously expensive but that will not happen again. This year, the first round of drinks for everybody will be on me. Post up here if you intend to join us and let me know if you're bringing your GT so I can arrange parking. I anticipate some Ford GT Team Members joining us.

I hope to see many of you on Thursday, January 16 at 7 PM. :cheers :cheers :cheers

All the best.

Chip

2. Buddy Stubbs
3. WmJim - 2
4. Myellow5 - 2
6. Specracer - 3
7. JGB - 2 - with GT
8. MNJason - 1
9. GT Tech - 2
10. BlueMoose - 2 - with GT
13. DocHemi 1 458 spider

dochemi

Nov 13, 2010
Chip

see you there. DocHemi 1 person 458 spider

stephen_becker

Permanent Vacation
Jan 26, 2006
atlanta, ga & charleston, sc
I really enjoyed meeting everyone at the dinner/drinks last year in Scottsdale

I will be at Barrett-Jackson starting Wednesday afternoon . I will be working the Shelby American Inc booth, bell-to-bell, Wednesday thru Sunday / Come by and say hello and check out a very special Shelby Cobra that will be announced & shown during the event.

Stephen Becker
www.planetshelbycobra.com