Good information Andy, thanks for the post.Some observations on my new GT at 700 miles...
OIL / FILTER:
I had the oil / filter changed yesterday at Milliken by Joe and Ian... 600 Miles.
1. it is much simpler than our 2005-06 Ford GT's
2. only one belly pan needs removed
3. two (2) drain plugs to remove - 13.7 quarts of oil
3. both plugs have internal allen-wrench type drives
4. a very standard type screw-on canister oil filter
5. the two plugs and filter are all within 10 inches of each other and very visible
6. still pleased with the intricate surface machining and casting quality of the bottom of the engine.
BLUE PAINTERS TAPE:
Suds washed the car today in my driveway - (getting cold here in Michigan)
1. Removed all of the blue painters tape DBK and I installed weeks ago - 700 miles on the ODO
2. carefully spray-detail wiped the covered areas.
3. the protected areas , door undersides, wheel lips etc ALL PERFECT !!
4. No residue from the painters tape.
my body lowers and door bottoms are the Gloss black painted carbon fiber with no visible carbon weave- so I was concerned but now very relieved.
I did have gorilla tape in the front inner fender air inlets (installed by Bernardo at Delivery )and had installed the 'gravel catcher ' GT Guys screens .
Even then, both screens had quite a bit of gravel trapped --therefore , these screen are a ''must have'' accessory for our cars.
The service manual is much different than the owner's manual. I don't believe the complete oil change procedure is in the owner's manualOn May 3 2017 I rec'd from Ford my Owners Quick Reference Guide and then the full owners manual on Sept 12 2017. Both in digital format.