Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Anyone know where I can get this part? Need a back up diffuser

5G7Z-63106B08-AA

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I have 2 rear diffusers. One is always on standby so if the current one gets chipped, I can swap it out and get it repaired.

Have you tried Scott (Northwood GT)?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
If you google the part number almost all dealers have them listed at about $1100. Shipping will be a huge cost due to the size of the package so you'll probably be better to check with a local dealer that will bring it in on his normal parts truck delivery.

An alternative is to replace the fins. Someone used to have them but I can't find the reference. Maybe someone has it handy or I'll try to dig deeper later.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Stillen makes a replacement diffuser that rivets into the belly pan. It's made of polyurethane, so should be more resistant to backing into parking blocks and the like.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Stillen makes a replacement diffuser that rivets into the belly pan. It's made of polyurethane, so should be more resistant to backing into parking blocks and the like.

That's it - I couldn't remember Stillen. But their site link is stale, do they even make it any more?

The poly ought to be OK for most uses but I'd expect they'd "flutter" and would avoid trying them at the mile events.

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
That's it - I couldn't remember Stillen. But their site link is stale, do they even make it any more?

The poly ought to be OK for most uses but I'd expect they'd "flutter" and would avoid trying them at the mile events.

Haven't noticed any flutter at high speeds, but they will melt a little, with the stock exhaust at least. I noticed it when I was switching over my exhaust from the stock muffler to the X pipe.

Attachments

• Diffuser L2.JPG
    Diffuser L2.JPG
    192.8 KB · Views: 195
  • Diffuser R2.JPG
    Diffuser R2.JPG
    169.1 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
IMG_3968.jpgthey still sell them. I just picked up a set. you do need a big pop rivet gun because they use the really fat rivets but no issue putting them on. they also offer an extended version as well. they are pretty stout. I don't think you'd get any flutter at higher speeds. I had mine wrapped in carbon fiber graphic before installing them. came out nice and a whole lot cheaper than the real carbon units.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Those do look good. For clarification, Wrapped or Dipped?

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I know of a new one where owner wants $800 with exchange. Let me know if interested and I'll connect you. I have no vested interest.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I know of a new one where owner wants $800 with exchange. Let me know if interested and I'll connect you. I have no vested interest.
"with exchange"? Does the guy repair them, and he wants the old one to recondition it?

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I have repaired both of mine. I backed up into a parking block once and when I first bought the car, the shipper cut into one with his criss-crossed tie-downs.

I sanded back the frayed edges to undamaged fiberglass, cleaned thoroughly and back-filled with charcoal colored base/catalyst epoxy (JB Weld). I sandwiched that with 2 flexible bondo spatulas and clamped it. It is nearly a perfect color match but I always need to block sand it to perfect the contours. Much like an aluminum or steel weld, I believe it is stronger than the surrounding Fiberglass.

I paint it with SEM trim paint. I paint the entire fiberglass piece for uniformity, I like that CF wrap/hydrodip look though.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
IMG_3972.jpgIMG_3975.jpg
Those do look good. For clarification, Wrapped or Dipped?
actually a new OEM dip process with PPG ceramic matte finish clear coat. also did the side rockers and front splitter. all comes together nicely

Last edited:

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
"with exchange"? Does the guy repair them, and he wants the old one to recondition it?

I don't know. His new one is new and as to why he cares about an exchange, IDK.