3m clear protector

MTDGT

GT Owner
Apr 6, 2006
Anyone have recomendations as to how much clear protector to use? I need to redo the front end and the detailer is recomending doing the whole front end of the car?

Aug 25, 2006
The world is a very large place; where might this process take place?

Shadowman

MTDGT

GT Owner
Apr 6, 2006
Calgary AB. Canada

tmctguer

GT Owner
Jan 11, 2010
dana point, CA
I covered the front nose, the front fenders up until just above the heAdlights, the headlights, the trunk lid, about 6" of the front roof line, the lower sections of the doors (below where the stripes are), and the section behind the rear wheels.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2006
Calgary AB. Canada

Thank you

Sadly I do not know anyone in your area; if you travel to Vancouver = yes.

Now as for coverage; this is subjective however if completed properly I like to wrap their entire nose meaning her entire front fenders, fascia, headlights, running lights, bonnet, roof, full rocker panels including inside the edge viewed when the door is open, the polished door sill inserts, the leading edge of the side air scoops, the mirrors, the panel in front of the rear wheels, and the area behind the rear wheels.

Takes care

Shadowman

Last edited:

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I covered the whole front end to the bottom of the windscreen and full front fenders, including the headlamps; the sides up to the lower side scoop line; the full rear quarters; the top from the windscreen back about 8-10"; the rear bumper; the leading edges of the side scoops; and a band about 2" high centered along the front of each mirror.

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
We need to get Superfly on here I will let him know - he is in the Calgary area... He's got the clear bra...

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
If I had it to do over again, I'd certainly do the entire front hood/bonnet. I've had a couple of chips on the top (horizontal surface) where I'd never expect, also on the face of the extractor (on the bonnet)- (following another GT around a track).

teej

GT Owner
Jan 12, 2010
West Los Angeles
Thank you

Now as for coverage; this is subjective however if completed properly I like to wrap their entire nose meaning her entire front fenders, fascia, headlights, running lights, bonnet, roof, full rocker panels including inside the edge viewed when the door is open, the polished door sill inserts, the leading edge of the side air scoops, the mirrors, the panel in front of the rear wheels, and the area behind the rear wheels.

Takes care

Shadowman

you could have just said "everything but the clamshell" - ;)

btw, I am thinking of wrapping the whole car, my calendar and the weather havent cooperated for me to get the car over to the eastbay.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Calgary AB. Canada

Hey MTDGT, glad to see another Albertan on board!!! For clear bra's in Calgary, try:

Shadow Shield
3921 Manchester Road SE
Calgary 403.250.8468

Ask for Nuno.

There's a bunch of GT's in Calgary and a bunch in Edmonton also. Contact Rob at Tunerworks also, he's in touch with most of the Calgary guys. Hope to meet you out at one of the next meets.

Cheers

PS - Thanks for letting me know about this thread Andrew.

Pro

MTDGT

GT Owner
Apr 6, 2006
Thanks I have had 3m on key areas of the car but never wrapped the whole front end etc. With the plastic on how does it maintain its shine and lustre? Can it do any damage to the paint?

MTDGT

GT Owner
Apr 6, 2006
Hey MTDGT, glad to see another Albertan on board!!! For clear bra's in Calgary, try:

Shadow Shield
3921 Manchester Road SE
Calgary 403.250.8468

Ask for Nuno.

There's a bunch of GT's in Calgary and a bunch in Edmonton also. Contact Rob at Tunerworks also, he's in touch with most of the Calgary guys. Hope to meet you out at one of the next meets.

Cheers

PS - Thanks for letting me know about this thread Andrew.

Pro
Thanks Superfly I am from the CNP how often do you guys meet?

MTDGT

GT Owner
Apr 6, 2006
Thank you

Takes care

Shadowman
Thanks Shadowman I was wondering if there could be any effects on the paint if the front end was totally wrapped?
Have you seen or heard of anyone having the steering wheel GT badge look as though it has lines all over it? This is the second time it has done this, the first time it was replaced under warranty
Thanks
MTDGT