3 days, 1500+ miles, 1 GT

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Just made it back to Detroit from Miami. I flew down (worst, most turbulent flight ever) to Miami to hang with some friends and drive back up with Camilo in his GT. He'd been sleeping on the beach in the keys for two weeks already.

With a GT full of stuff, we embarked north towards Michigan from the "International Travelers Hostel" in South Beach. :lol

The car, after all the other cars within millimeters left for the day:
miami25.jpg

A Cadillac enjoying the summer heat on I-95 (driver was fine talking on his cell 50 ft away):
miami33.jpg

miami37.jpg

Another sweet ride:
miami42.jpg

miami49.jpg

miami50.jpg

miami52.jpg

This shirt saw alot of action over many days :lol
miami54.jpg

I made a phone call to one Mr. Jason Heffner and convinced CP we should head over to Sarasota. I also managed to convince him we could work in some time to add one of those smaller round items at the end of the blower:
miami59.jpg

miami61.jpg

I stole all the good parts out of Peak's car (and also got the scoop on what's being done to it, and the mysterious plot Bigs has for his car):
miami64.jpg

miami69.jpg

miami70.jpg

miami74.jpg

miami76.jpg

miami83.jpg

Camilo and Jason:
miami86.jpg

We also met Chad and saw his bad yellow 8 second Viper, and made sure to let him know we expect him in another GT soon. He seemed ready to oblige, having sold his monster TT GT to the lucky Ripper.

We hauled serious ass to Cincinnati (I briefly held the car's top speed record :biggrin ), and realized the great white north would make it very hard to party. We tried, but failed. After hitting some lame bars, and passing what looked like a scene directly out of The Wire on HBO, we stayed one more night before heading home.

miami89.jpg

Car was great. Comfortable, lots of loud music, lots of stretched GT legs. Little cramped with bags everywhere, but worked out great. Fun visit to Heffner's shop. Bad ass sun and heat in South Beach. Good food, etc.

SUMMER CAN'T HIT DETROIT SOON ENOUGH. :willy

FordGT75

GT Owner
Sep 2, 2006
Great Falls, VA
Sounds like a fun time!:thumbsup

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
nice story and nice pics DBK.

OCPETE

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2006
Killer Dana, CA
Rock & Roll :thumbsup

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Keep these tales coming DBK!!

It's not quite as good as being there, but seeing a GT used as a real car certainly does my heart good!

Rock on!!:cheers

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
Wow I was just at Jasons last Friday and had breakfast with him and his daughter on Sunday before I headed back home to Virginia. I met Florida Chris and I would of liked to have met you and Camillo, well maybe next time?
Those are the kind of road trips you never forget and wish you could make every year. By the way how do you like the new found power?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Apparently lots of forum people have been at Jason's lately! We'll run into each other eventually I'm sure :cheers

p.s, I've had the power on my car since last summer. Couldn't live without it. And now that's he's got it as well, he's increasingly realizing just how much better it is with such a small change!

Wow I was just at Jasons last Friday and had breakfast with him and his daughter on Sunday before I headed back home to Virginia. I met Florida Chris and I would of liked to have met you and Camillo, well maybe next time?
Those are the kind of road trips you never forget and wish you could make every year. By the way how do you like the new found power?

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Awesome! Must be cool to cruise with the man that designed the car!:biggrin

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Fantastic trip! I'm so jealous:thumbsup

BlackStorm

Sep 7, 2006
Houston, TX
Glad to hear you had such a great trip! From the sound of things, I'm not sure how it could have turned out any other way than excellent!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
DBK,
Next time you're in S. Fla. You need to give me a shout. You have a ticket for a free dinner...

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Great post, nice caddy, wonder if that 'flame out' will show up on carfax?:lol
I think the folks from the Queen City Chamber should be given another chance, some great action accross the bridge into Newport, Cincy has some mighty fine restaurants...:cheers

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Great post - lovely to hear about a ride with pictures, brings it all to life.

cmoody32

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 8, 2006
Any time anyone comes to Sarasota, please feel free to PM me and I would be happy to buy them a beer or 3.:cheers :cheers :cheers

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
Excellent road trip with all the necessities ... good food, interesting bars, loud tunes, a fast FGT and The Man himself to share it all with ... awesome. BTW, I guess we now know which wheels Camilo thinks look best (on his very own GT). usmcfred

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
He actually ordered the basic car but bought the optional wheels separately. However, the tires were toast on the optionals, so base it was...

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
great post, pictures and narrative
sitting here in 21 degree weather, and looking at those palm trees in the pictures makes me want to take the gt out even more(come on spring time)--lol
glad ya made it back safely.

sam #1451---------red/white
ps-- i noticed he was on the dyno--what where the results ???

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
DBK,
Next time you're in S. Fla. You need to give me a shout. You have a ticket for a free dinner...

COME ON! You guys were down here in my back yard! Why the South Florida people get together for this?!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
COME ON! You guys were down here in my back yard! Why the South Florida people get together for this?!

I wanted to, but him and Jennifer got in late from the Keys and we left early for Heffner's place the next day. :frown

BELIZE91

GT Owner
Sep 7, 2006
Hartland MI
How was it without any speed control? I don't think I have driven that far with only a pedal since 1975. I would think it would get crazy