Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
1668247556306.jpeg
REGISTRATIONS 2023
CENTENARY OF THE 24 HOURS OF LE MANS

THE FORD GT DAYS
Organized since 2014, it is the traditional big meeting of the European Ford GT Owners Club.
Owners and simple enthusiasts meet there to celebrate the Ford GTs.

The photos of the 2022 edition are here :
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZJim5RbBy9fWuAx0wePYCmDFhI6TLIzZ?usp=sharing

Shared passion, conviviality and friendship, moderate budgets for an opening to the greatest number, are the axes of this gathering.

I organize it on a completely voluntary basis. The sums requested for tickets, accommodation or meals, only reimburse me for the invoices of the suppliers, without the addition of a single penny.
In addition, I personally finance with pleasure, a certain number of services.

LE MANS CLASSIC.

It is the largest gathering of vintage cars in Europe, with 200,000 spectators, 800 cars competing on the 24-hour circuit, and 8,500 vintage cars on display.
This exceptional backdrop gives added interest to our great Ford GT celebration.

THE CENTENARY OF THE 24 HOURS OF LE MANS.

If you were to come here only once, it is this Centenary year that you should do it.

In 2023, exceptionally from all over the world, almost all the cars that won the 24 Hours of Le Mans will be there, to be exhibited, and to take part in a parade on the circuit.
This is an absolutely unique event, not to be missed.
Other exceptional celebrations will be organized throughout the weekend.

2023 FORD GT DAYS PROGRAM

ACCOMMODATION DURING THE WEEKEND.

We have again privatized a Hotel appreciated by all, "Les Sittelles", in Montfort le Gesnois.
Only twenty minutes from the circuit, it is a very pleasant three-star hotel, modern, quiet, located in the middle of a wooded park, air-conditioned, with ample parking and an excellent restaurant.

We have negotiated privileged conditions there, far removed from the totally abusive prices and excessively long stays imposed, in the region, during Le Mans Classic.
The rate obtained is € 245/night, for a single or double room, breakfast included, with a minimum stay of two nights.

Friday, July 1 : WELCOME EVENING + FILM.

It will take place at the Hotel Les Sittelles, in large premises opening onto the Ford GT car park.
We organized an aperitif and a dinner there on the theme "Discovering the gastronomy of Le Mans ». After dinner, a film on the 24 Hours of Le Mans will be shown.
The Hotel charges us, for this evening, a flat rate of € 85 per person.

Saturday 2 and Sunday 3 July : LE MANS CLASSIC.

The Ford GTs will be exhibited in a privatized area set up on the edge of the Bugatti circuit, in the midst of the most prestigious Clubs. I invited the British GT40 Club to celebrate this centenary with us, and to exhibit its cars in front of our Ford GTs. This group should be rich in contacts, and spectacular.

Our space will have a private shelter, with tables, chairs and bottles of water.
Participants will be welcomed and assisted in French and English by young enthusiasts.
Throughout the weekend, everyone will be able to freely enjoy the many exhibitions, thousands of rare cars, and the racing spectacle, day and night.
Throughout the weekend, tickets will give access to all Le Mans Classic facilities and exhibitions, including the very interesting paddocks.
Their price is 90 € / person ( reduced "Club" rate ).
Ford GT owners will have to pay a supplement of €150 per car, for participation in the development of our exhibition space

Morning of Saturday July 2 : PARADE OF FORD GTs AND GT40s ON THE 24-HOUR CIRCUIT

Early in the morning, our FORD GTs and GT40s will take part in a Parade of at least two laps on the 24-hour circuit.

ATTENTION: Participation in this Saturday morning parade, being a rare privilege, which the organizers have kindly granted us, the number of places is very limited.
This participation is invoiced to us 210 € / car ( Helmet compulsory ).

Evening of Saturday July 2 : GASTRONOMIC DINNER ON THE CIRCUIT + TERRACE + BAR.

I have reserved a few places at the "Espace Privilège" for :
- A grouped gourmet dinner, prepared by a Michelin-starred chef, and served in the glazed area overlooking the circuit.
- After dinner, the access to the Panoramic Terrace and its Bar, overlooking the circuit, to watch the night races.
The reduced flat rate negotiated, is €120 ( against €160 ) per person, for the evening.

REGISTRATIONS.

The interest in this Centenary edition is such that, at the end of last October, only a few hours after the opening of the ticket office, all the interesting services were already sold.

I was able to block most of what was necessary for the success of our FORD GT DAYS, but some services are limited.

Consequently, it is essential to contact us very quickly at the following address, so that a registration form can be sent to you.
european.ford.gt.owners.club@gmail.com

PilotMarky

Ford GT Team Alumni
Dec 11, 2018
Anybody from the US thinking about doing this? Taking a car even?

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Thinking very hard about this - with our car.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I suggest you talk to Chip or Texas Mongrel about taking a car. It is more complicated than you think.

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Already talked to Chip and researched containers and prices. Business class airfares for 2 will be more than the container.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ed Sims

PilotMarky

Ford GT Team Alumni
Dec 11, 2018
Isn’t there also some odd thing with customs in Europe where they want a refundable deposit of 1/3 value of the car in case you sell it there?

If there is a group going, wold be good to work it all out together. Seriously considering this.

PilotMarky

Ford GT Team Alumni
Dec 11, 2018
Also, some of the shipping places I had talked to recently have said it takes months to get your car to it’s destination.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Now you are starting to learn. If you live on the Gulf coast or Florida panhandler, or NY NJ it is easier to catch a ship.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
What an adventure it would be.

Ed

Reactions: Brombear

GT101

*UK Support*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 20, 2010
Colchester, Essex, UK
I'll be there - the Centenary of Le Mans means I'll be visiting twice next year, for the main 24hr and for the Classic.

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
Hi everybody.

I know it is difficult to bring a Ford GT from the USA to drive on the beautiful European roads. In addition to the means of transport, and the organization, there are problems of insurance and obviously, of cost.

It's difficult, but not impossible.
Some did it individually, as well as in 2016, a famous group of this Forum.

I have given "fjpikul" the contact details of one of you, who knows how to do it and does it regularly.

Air transport is more expensive, but much faster, more practical and safer than by boat and container. The operations in the ports are horribly slow, and the workers, not very advisable.
There are many airlines specializing in this transport, especially for competition cars, but also for collector or prestige cars.

You are in a better position to find out than I am, but having done some research for some of you in the past, I noticed that, for example, "Easy Import Auto", indicated having transported GT40s, USA, to Europe. They are not the only ones.

If you come without your Ford GT, but with your enthusiasm and a rental car, you will certainly not be running on the 24-hour circuit, but I will welcome you with pleasure, and I will do my best to help you have a memorable weekend.

Best regards.

Francis BREITMANN ( Saint Ho ).

Reactions: 68Rcodeman

PilotMarky

Ford GT Team Alumni
Dec 11, 2018
I have done it twice before. I once took a car back to Europe on the QE2, as ”luggage”. The second time, the car wasn’t anything particularly special, so I did RORO to Germany And back. That was a long time ago, and so much has changed now with port operations. I looked at airfreight, but it is in the region of $30k-$40k.
If this trip can be done relatively reasonably, I would do it. It might have to include an excursion to the Nordschleife too though.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I handled the majority of the details getting the cars to Europe in 2016. It wasn't that bad BUT you have to have some risk tolerance. I budgeted mentally for some wear and tear, which the car did get. Somebody climbed out the window and wrecked the leather door panel, which I had replaced when I got back to the USA. That said, I absolutely did not regret it because that was the best thing I've ever done in a car, period, and the door panel was well worth the experience.

Schumacher Cargo Logistics sent the cars. Filip Michelet was our contact. filip@sclusa.com They were pretty good overall and were good with all the paperwork. You will need to have your vehicle title sent in advance. Realistically you'll be self-insured for the roads but you'll need a policy for when on the boat. Ocean going container goes easy out of NY/NJ, FL, GA, TX, CA. My car left out of FL and then returned to Savannah and Reliable brought it back from there. Wouldn't do RORO with one of these and as mentioned you're looking at least $30k for air.

I would do it with an 05/06. I would personally not send a new GT in a cargo container. Too tight and impossible to exit the window for anyone that isn't 5'1 and 95 lbs (if it's even possible) as the containers are exceedingly tight.

All in all, would absolutely do it again. Can't beat the experience of driving cars like these around France, Italy, Germany. I would make sure what current containerized shipping prices are. It was very reasonable when we did it but cargo containers were absolutely insane the last couple years. Obviously the prices have now declined but I would be surprised if overall pricing hadn't increased a fair amount.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
oolu332-hlxu010 001.jpg
oolu332-hlxu010 015.jpg

Not a lotta room in those bad boys!

PilotMarky

Ford GT Team Alumni
Dec 11, 2018
Too tight and impossible to exit the window for anyone that isn't 5'1 and 95 lbs (if it's even possible) as the containers are exceedingly tight.

Yeah, we did that deliberately so we wouldn’t need to package a side curtain airbag. Saved a bit more frontal area!

MSH_V8

Jun 23, 2018
France
I will be there !

Reactions: Ed Sims

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Any photos yet? I bet it was fun!

Ed

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Special Ed,, it is next summer in July.

Reactions: Looking In

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
Here are some first photos of the FORD GT DAYS 2023, which I organized last weekend at the Le Mans Classic.

In next September, I will publish here, a complete and copious photo report.

« Saint Ho »
Founder and Director of the European Ford GT Owners Club.
Co-Founder and Administrator of the FORD GT PASSION group on Facebook.

1688884251030.jpeg
1688884284423.jpeg

1688884330269.jpeg
1688884369702.jpeg

1688884398514.jpeg
1688884432252.jpeg

1688884454579.jpeg

1688884478172.jpeg

1688884504443.jpeg

1688884532199.jpeg