ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

The more things change, the more I stay the same!! It was a blast the last 16 times and I'm certain it will be even better this time. If you're going to this year's Scottsdale auction you don't want to miss this annual "Gathering of the Faithful". As always this will be on Thursday night, January 26, at 7 PM. Make sure you get into Scottsdale early enough to make it. We will return to our fabulous private room at the Capital Grille and you never know which VIP's will show up. Last year "The Urban Outlaw" Magnus Walker joined us. Special VIP parking will be provided for members bringing a GT.

Post up here if you will be joining us letting me know how many in your party and if you are bringing a GT (most attendees are without their GT for this event). Be there or be square.

Chip Beck
Assistant Director of Continuing Direction

1. Chip Beck - 2 - with GT
2. Charley Beck - 2
3. Ryan Fisher - 2 - with GT
4. Gene Cassone - 2
5. AZGT - 1
6. GT Tech - 1
7. Frank The Tank - 3
8. Nolanh66 - 1
9. Charlie Talisman - 2
10. Steve Schneider - 2
11. Ed.life - 2
12. David & Jill Kimmerle (Sanderson Ford) - 2 - with GT
13. JBG - 1
14. Brian Naylor - 2
15. Wallyworld - 1 - with GT

Last edited:

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Thanks Chip! Looking forward to it!!!

Nolanh66

Aug 21, 2019
Awesome! See you there.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

A favor to ask. Many members don’t check the GT Forum as often these days so if you know any members that will be attending BJ Scottsdale this year please mention this gathering. Thank you!

Chip

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Please include Charlie Talisman and wife to the list. His White car just sold on BAT today and he tells me he may look for another one already . Figures his Yellow 06 and his Quick silver 05 will be lonely with their stable mate gone. Thanks

Reactions: extrap

Steve Schneider

GT Owner
Dec 16, 2010
Hi Chip

Love to join you at dinner Thursday with my Wife Ann-Marie, if you recall I bought a X pipe off you several years ago for my 05, I will not have a car there, maybe you can text me your cell # so we can chat when I get there?

Steve Schneider
Toronto
905 869 0259

ed.life

GT Owner
Nov 16, 2012
Victoria B.C. Canada
Chip, count us in for two for dinner. Ed &Diana Life Cell 250-380-8282

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
I have plane tickets but they are Southwest Airlines tickets so it’s 50/50 I’ll make it.

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
I have plane tickets but they are Southwest Airlines tickets so it’s 50/50 I’ll make it.
I flew from Vegas to Houston and back last week on Southwest with no problems. Their seating procedure is about the dumbest, most unorganized, stupidest procedure anyone could have possible come up with. Just wait until you try it. See you at the dinner. You will love it.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I flew from Vegas to Houston and back last week on Southwest with no problems. Their seating procedure is about the dumbest, most unorganized, stupidest procedure anyone could have possible come up with. Just wait until you try it. See you at the dinner. You will love it.

Southwest boards by groups and numbers within the group. There are no assigned seats unless you buy it. If you don't you can sign on to the app 24 hours before flight departs and get your slot. I've always gotten the tail end of "A" (which are where the assigned seats go). Mostly low "B". I've never had a flight where I didn't get a window seat (my preference).

Reactions: GT Tech

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
23 and counting!

Gentlemen,

Once again it looks like we'll have a great turnout for BJ Scottsdale GT Forum Dinner 17. Please let any GT friends who will be at Barrett Jackson Scottsdale this year know about this gathering as they may not be checking in here to see this thread. Cheers!!

Chip

2. Charley Beck - 2
4. Gene Cassone - 2
5. Quick Silver Shelby - 2
6. GT Tech - 2
7. Frank The Tank - 3
8. Nolanh66 - 1
9. Charlie Talisman - 2
10. Steve Schneider - 2
11. Ed.life - 2
12. 07XL0027 - 1
13. JBG - 1
14. Brian Naylor - 2

Last edited:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I wish I could make it this year. Have fun everyone!

Ed

Reactions: GT Tech

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Now 26

Gentlemen,

The Western U.S.'s best new Ford GT Tech Brian Naylor and his wife will be joining us. We have room for 30 so if you're coming please post up and let me know. See you a week from today.

Chip

2. Charley Beck - 2
4. Gene Cassone - 2
5. AZGT - 1
6. GT Tech - 1
7. Frank The Tank - 3
8. Nolanh66 - 1
9. Charlie Talisman - 2
10. Steve Schneider - 2
11. Ed.life - 2
13. JBG - 1
14. Brian Naylor - 2 - with GT

Last edited:

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Chip,
I am told there are 2 capital grills. Just to clarify the address.
Thanks

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Event Details

Gentlemen,

Here's everything you need to know to have a fabulous time on Thursday night. As mentioned in the post above there is more than one Capitol Grille but there is only one in Scottsdale.

The Capitol Grille
16489 N. Scottsdale Road (South East corner of Scottsdale Road and Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd.)
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
(480) 348-1700

Time - 7:00 PM on Thursday January 26

Valet Parking is available (not mandatory) and GT drivers can self park up front by the Valet Stand, please tip the Valet Staff $10 if you take advantage of that.

Tell the hostess you are there for the Ford GT Owners Dinner and she will direct you to our private room.

IMPORTANT - NO CREDIT CARDS WILL BE ACCEPTED SO SHOW UP WITH A POCKET FULL OF $20 BILLS!!!

After dinner the total for all food and cocktails will be totaled, a 20% tip added, and devided by the # of attendees. Everyone will pay the same amount. That system has worked well for the last 17 years and trying to run 20+ credit cards would be a nightmare. So hit an ATM before you arrive. Individual cocktails, beer, & wine (by the glass) can be ordered. NO bottles of wine or champagne.

If you have any questions please text me at (602) 430-4877.

Cheers and I look forward to seeing you on Thursday night.

Chip Beck
Assistant Director of Direction

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
AZGT - 1

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Been watching on FYI and have the streaming version active "in the background" to bridge FYI's incessant commercials even though they occasionally have some insight into a vehicle that is noteworthy. Mon-Wed had some surprises, especially in Mopars (Lot 77 lot 470) and but I was surprised at how strong the prices are even for the first part of the week. Today things started earlier and I just tuned in but Thursday prices are really strong. There are still deals to be had but the price of the deals is going up :)

Hope everyone there has a good time and that you come home with some special toys!

Wallyworld

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 26, 2020
Paradise Valley, AZ
Change of plans

Wallyworld - 1 - with GT

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Final List - 26

Gentlemen,

Our room is almost full, we have 4 seats left for any last minute additions. There are 5 GT's coming that I'm aware of. David Kimmerle (Sanderson Ford Dealer Principal) and his wife Jill will be with us. David has been a stalwart supporter of the GT program and community in the western U.S. and it's an honor to have him join us. The list below includes some last minute additions and the deletion of a couple who can't get here in time. See you tonight. Cheers!!

Chip

2. Charley Beck - 2
4. Gene Cassone - 2
5. AZGT - 1
6. GT Tech - 1
7. Frank The Tank - 3
8. Nolanh66 - 1
9. Charlie Talisman - 2
10. Steve Schneider - 2
11. Ed.life - 2
13. JBG - 1
14. Brian Naylor - 2 - with GT

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Great time last pm. Made new friends! Thanks Chip!