2020 Carbon Series ..... got the call. Some new options for 2020.

knightka

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 6, 2015
Los Altos, CA
should be able to order a spare steering wheel?
Yes. I ordered a spare leather wheel for my 2019 Heritage. I’m using the leather and storing the alcantara.

Reactions: Ed Sims

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I begged for a leather wheel, but was emphatically turned down when ordering my 2019 LW. I also begged for liquid red but that was nixed too. I hate having to wear stupid driving gloves to protect the alacantara wheel!
I did an Alcantara on my 06 GT. I always wear driving gloves on and off the track.I feel naked with out them.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Yes. I ordered a spare leather wheel for my 2019 Heritage. I’m using the leather and storing the alcantara.
I'm scared to ask what the cost was?Please tell!

Reactions: KennethClay

Pat Milliken Ford

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 15, 2017
Redford, Michigan
I was told by the concierge team today that the leather wheel is not an option for the 2020 carbon series out of the factory. We although have sold several spare leather and alcantera steering wheels.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Cost? Please

knightka

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 6, 2015
Los Altos, CA
Cost? Please

I was told that the price was raised right after I ordered mine. I think I paid around $3,000 but have heard that the price could be 3x that now. But I really don’t know.

Pat Milliken Ford

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 15, 2017
Redford, Michigan
The cost for a Heritage steering wheel has gone up quite a bit more than the others. I will get you price on Monday Ron for a leather wheel.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
The cost for a Heritage steering wheel has gone up quite a bit more than the others. I will get you price on Monday Ron for a leather wheel.

I’m interested in one too. Please let me know the price.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
THANKS

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I paid $250.00 for a leather wrapped steering wheel on my 2017 Ford GT! I’m guessing I STOLE It!

Reactions: 93extxdps

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
What does the carbon series consist of?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I did an Alcantara on my 06 GT. I always wear driving gloves on and off the track.I feel naked with out them.

You should feel naked as you ONLY wear gloves when you drive! LOL!

Ed

D06GT19GT

GT Owner
Aug 23, 2018
Gloss carbon is easier to maintain. Matte carbon looks more race-car. I went with gloss. Alternatively, you could get a clearbra installed in matte finish if you wanted to a section matte...

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I begged for a leather wheel, but was emphatically turned down when ordering my 2019 LW. I also begged for liquid red but that was nixed too. I hate having to wear stupid driving gloves to protect the alacantara wheel!
Are you saying they stopped allowing liquid red as a color choice?

Pat Milliken Ford

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 15, 2017
Redford, Michigan
Are you saying they stopped allowing liquid red as a color choice?

They don’t allow liquid red on the carbon series.

LMF427

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2019
California / Florida
They don’t allow liquid red on the carbon series.
Any insight as to why?

Pat Milliken Ford

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 15, 2017
Redford, Michigan
Any insight as to why?
I was told it is because of the paint prep/thickness of the liquid red up against the carbon stripe.

LMF427

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2019
California / Florida
I was told it is because of the paint prep/thickness of the liquid red up against the carbon stripe.
Interesting, I never would have guessed that as I would have thought the thickness and prep would have been the same or similar to L Blue and L Grey.

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
I paid $250.00 for a leather wrapped steering wheel on my 2017 Ford GT! I’m guessing I STOLE It!

Leather steering wheel option is available for $250.00