2019 Rally

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I doubt we'll ever see anything like this in Europe, but I've got my 2 month USA tour with my GT from mid-July to mid-September, if somehow this comes up shortly after that before the car flies off in early November then count me in!
Will you be in or near California at all Shmee?

Ed

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Will you be in or near California at all Shmee?

Ed
Shmee150,
Will you post your itinerary? I’m sure many of us could rendezvous with you along your trip.
I doubt we'll ever see anything like this in Europe, but I've got my 2 month USA tour with my GT from mid-July to mid-September, if somehow this comes up shortly after that before the car flies off in early November then count me in!

Last edited:
Reactions: BAT

Shmee150

GT Owner
Aug 28, 2018
London, UK
Without meaning a total thread hijack, the basic outline is along the following: Detroit -> New York -> Philadelphia -> Atlanta -> Miami -> Houston -> Las Vegas -> LA -> Pebble Beach -> San Francisco and then a bit more LA time before a hopeful 2019 rally happens! Depending when it is, I'll go back to Europe in September but leave the car in the USA and then come back to join and tie in some more bits and pieces.

Perhaps I should make a thread about this and see what can come together along the way,

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
There are a number of us in Atlanta and some nice mountain drives close by. Hit us up!

And kudos for taking your car on the 'ring

Reactions: GKW05GT

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Forget Vegas, come to Phoenix/Scottsdale.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Without meaning a total thread hijack, the basic outline is along the following: Detroit -> New York -> Philadelphia -> Atlanta -> Miami -> Houston -> Las Vegas -> LA -> Pebble Beach -> San Francisco and then a bit more LA time before a hopeful 2019 rally happens! Depending when it is, I'll go back to Europe in September but leave the car in the USA and then come back to join and tie in some more bits and pieces.

Perhaps I should make a thread about this and see what can come together along the way,

Let me know when you are coming through Houston I will organize another event. We have alot of owners in Houston (and the surrounding areas) that are very active.

Reactions: Ed Sims

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York

When's the NY leg of the trip?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV

Definitely start a new thread. I'm sure many forum members would love to meet up along the way.
Ping me when you're in Vegas.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Forget Vegas, come to Phoenix/Scottsdale.

I'm hoping to get Tim out to Spring Mountain for some fun!

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter

Maybe we could set up something in the DC, Maryland and Virginia area as you pass through from Philadelphia? If it works out for you I will coordinate the event.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I will be passing through St. Petersburg between stops in Sarasota and Tallahassee.

Can I count on @Sinovac to organize the event? Nothing elaborate. Perhaps some college girls dressed in white to toss rose petals in my path?

Don't know if I will have time to stop, but I will be sure to blow kisses. All are invited. Until then, ta ta!

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
My apologizes to Vegas and its GT members. Consider adding a Scottsdale AZ visit as we have a Cars & Coffee (C&C) every first Saturday of the month that you will be impressed with. I believe Houston also has a great C&C and you should consider scheduling your stops at cities with great C&Cs.

Reactions: SteveA

Shmee150

GT Owner
Aug 28, 2018
London, UK
To avoid any further thread hi-jacking, I've made one here: https://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/threads/my-grand-tour-flying-the-nfgt-to-the-usa.36062/

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
I think they wrote the law with Terry in mind...….

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri

You can leave it at my house. LOL

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I will be passing through St. Petersburg between stops in Sarasota and Tallahassee.

Can I count on @Sinovac to organize the event? Nothing elaborate. Perhaps some college girls dressed in white to toss rose petals in my path?

Don't know if I will have time to stop, but I will be sure to blow kisses. All are invited. Until then, ta ta!

😆

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Toronto Would be nice there’s the hockey Hall of Fame, Multimatic and Motorsport race track that’s a winning combo no matter how you cut it.
Just saying!
Truth be told I’ll go anywhere there’s a rally!
DBK is and will always be my favorite camp counselor!

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL

I was thinking the same thing Xcentric. Guess we don't deserve any of this love thing when we pass through.

D06GT19GT

GT Owner
Aug 23, 2018
Sacramento would be great!

D06GT19GT

GT Owner
Aug 23, 2018
I'm hoping to get Tim out to Spring Mountain for some fun!

Let me know as I will join you.