2018 Expedition Platinum

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
It warms my heart to see all you guys buying these Ford Motor Company Vehicles. :):):)
andy (ajb)

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
beautiful truck but only the eco-boost is available? that's where they might loose some market compared to GM. what a nice piece it would be with a Coyote 5.0. yep, Excursions forever! wish they brought it back with the new diesel option.

The F-150 will receive a V-6 diesel in 2018. Perhaps the same motor will find its way into an Expedition. Maybe in three model years when they do a front fascia refresh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
The F-150 will receive a V-6 diesel in 2018. Perhaps the same motor will find its way into an Expedition. Maybe in three model years when they do a front fascia refresh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got to drive the new 2018 with the diesel. great power and mileage is in the mid twenties. should be a home run for Ford! P.S. Andy- we'll keep your heart warm buying these new Fords and keep your pension checks coming!!! lol

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
I’ve been a huge diesel guy for the past 2 decades, and have owned dozens of powerstrokes, but ecoboost engines have made me forget all about them. 7.3s... bulletproof the trucks wear out before the engines. 6.0s good once they’ve been “bulletproofed,” 6.4s and 6.7s... get rid of them once out of warranty. I don’t have this concern with the ecoboost engines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Jack, you don't get it. It's not the vehicle, it's your driving.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I like it. Is it more or less same truck as the new Navigator?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Yup, with different trim levels.

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Jack, you don't get it. It's not the vehicle, it's your driving.

Thanks Frank. You are always so insightful. Thanks for shedding light on the subject....even if it is black light.

Trust you are doing well.

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Jack, great minds do think alike. Renee went for the white gold as well. Dealer had to give us a loaner Escape, I sold hers for $1,000 over trade in offer and had to let it go. She drove the 2013 Shelby for a month but with winter coming needed 4 X 4 and something to haul the grandkids in. We will have to get the 2 of them together for a photo someday.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Been a few months, So how do you guys like your Expeditions?

Navigators are 3-4 months delivery. [emoji54]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
I enjoy driving ours even tho it's my wife's vehicle, but the noise and torque that comes out of the little peekaboo boost motor is fascinating.

Last edited:

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Been a few months, So how do you guys like your Expeditions?

It's a great SUV. Got ours the end of January. Gets a lot better mileage than our 2012 did, and has more power when you need it. Very luxurious and the ride is great. Platinum has every option imaginable so if you get one be prepared to spend time in the manual figuring it all out.