2016 Pebble Beach Concours Week

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Awsum GT - Triheart will be there with his GT. I don't know why he's not posting on your thread. He says he will do whatever the group does. Can we do a Friday or Saturday evening at your house by the sea? I know with so many events some of us may not be able to make it but it sure is a great party place!

Ed

PS Heidi told me to say this!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Does anyone know if any of the GT40's will be running in heats or doing exhibition laps at the Historics?

I don't believe the '05-06 GTs will be doing any parade laps this year. We will be tearing up the Monterey/Caramel streets like the hooligans we are! LOL

Ed

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I don't believe the '05-06 GTs will be doing any parade laps this year. We will be tearing up the Monterey/Caramel streets like the hooligans we are! LOL

Ed

I'm in for that... I do this several times a month...

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
My daughter lives in Monterey so we are there often!

Ed

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Ok so far it is

Awsum GT - Jerry
GTed
Ed Sims
JoeA2
Enzo Btr
Piana
RSmithTax
Voda
Love CHP - Richard

AJ also

Ed

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I'm there from Weds to Sunday. My car is entered in The Quail and Concorso Italiano. Plan on going out on "dawn patrol" on Sunday for the Pebble Concours.

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Does anyone know where I can park my GT securely from August 14 -August 25th. I am staying in Pacific Grove and the house I rented has a driveway that is too steep for my GT. I'm not real fond of the idea of parking the GT in the street for two weeks. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BobK

GT Owner
Oct 27, 2012
Hello;
My wife and I will be in Monterey for the week.
The GT will be staying home.
Instead, just for the pure fun of it and in memory of my sister-in-law, we will be displaying @ Quail our rescued, hands on and fully restored '55 Lambretta motor scooter w/it's original side box purchased new here in Fresno, CA. If time allows please stop by, check her out and say hello!!!!
Regards,
Bob

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
The current plan Is to drive my GT up on Wednesday and stay through Monday morning with my wife. We're staying at Carmel Valley Ranch. I think the GT will be fine there. I don't know if they'd let another GT park there without being a guest, but the lot is pretty big. Maybe worth asking.

My dinner schedule is pretty crazy. I'm going as a guest of Acura and have something scheduled every night. But I'll be at the Tour, Quail, historics on Sat and concour on Sunday (Dawn Patrol) and would like to see whomever I can. The Z8 is one of my favorite cars. I'll look for it at Quail for sure.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
ByeEnzo will have his lime green Miura at the Quail on Friday & then at Concourso Italiano on Saturday. It is the 50th anniversary of the Miura so I would expect quite a few in Monterey. It doesn't appear we will have a GT owners get together this year but next year I may throw one like we did a few years back.

Ed

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
"My dinner schedule is pretty crazy. I'm going as a guest of Acura and have something scheduled every night. But I'll be at the Tour, Quail, historics on Sat and concour on Sunday (Dawn Patrol) and would like to see whomever I can. The Z8 is one of my favorite cars. I'll look for it at Quail for sure."

We will be at the Quail with our Black/ Crema Z8. My NY Plate is LUV MYZ8.

Joe

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
I am jealous! I have yet to attend PB.! This was the year to go! Ford GT 40s and BMW 100th ! I too own a Z 8! I had to make choice b/n Lemans and PB.! lemans won (literally!) look forward to your comments and pics!!

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
The current plan Is to drive my GT up on Wednesday and stay through Monday morning with my wife. We're staying at Carmel Valley Ranch. I think the GT will be fine there. I don't know if they'd let another GT park there without being a guest, but the lot is pretty big. Maybe worth asking.

My dinner schedule is pretty crazy. I'm going as a guest of Acura and have something scheduled every night. But I'll be at the Tour, Quail, historics on Sat and concour on Sunday (Dawn Patrol) and would like to see whomever I can. The Z8 is one of my favorite cars. I'll look for it at Quail for sure.

Drop by the Miura display at The Quail...I'll be there babysitting my pistachio machine!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I won't be at the Quail on Friday but if anyone wants to drive GTs down the PCH with a cool lunch overlooking the ocean PM me. So far it's just Triheart & me (plus wives).

Ed

PS Here is a photo from the same drive earlier this year.

Attachments

• IMG_4999.jpg
    IMG_4999.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 200

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
We are doing a drive on Saturday on the 17 mile drive.... as beautiful as the drive is down highway 1, you may want to reconsider and do a drive on the 17 mile drive. Highway 1 may still be full of fire trucks and big rigs fighting the huge fire in the mountains between Carmel and Big Sir. We made the drive a week or so ago and it was a mess.

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Drop by the Miura display at The Quail...I'll be there babysitting my pistachio machine!

Should be easy to spot. :) Look forward to seeing you there.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I'm there from Weds to Sunday. My car is entered in The Quail and Concorso Italiano. Plan on going out on "dawn patrol" on Sunday for the Pebble Concours.

We will also be at the Quail... we will look for you as well!

Funny thing... the parking lot at the Quail is a car show of it's own! My GT will be lurking outside on the lawn!

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
We are doing a drive on Saturday on the 17 mile drive.... as beautiful as the drive is down highway 1, you may want to reconsider and do a drive on the 17 mile drive. Highway 1 may still be full of fire trucks and big rigs fighting the huge fire in the mountains between Carmel and Big Sir. We made the drive a week or so ago and it was a mess.

I hope that's cleared up by next Thursday. We're supposed to drive the new NSX to Big Sur and back. Stuck in smoke and fire truck traffic will somewhat reduce the experience... :bored

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
LIMITED CLOSURE OF HIGHWAY 1

Acreage/Containment: 67,092 acres - 50% contained

​Due to an increase in wind and fire activity in the Big Sur area over the last two days, a limited closure of HIGHWAY 1 will occur at 10:00 P.M. August 8, 2016.

HIGHWAY 1 will be closed to all traffic in both directions between Palo Colorado Road and North Coast Ridge Road.
It is scheduled to be re-opened at 6:00 A.M. August 9, 2016, but the closure will be continually re-evaluated based on fire conditions, and the threat to public safety.

Carmel Fire.jpg

Last edited:

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Blugh! What a bummer. Need a short but hard rain up there to clear that out.