2016 Pebble Beach Concours Week

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Who amongst you plan on attending the Pebble Beach Concours week this year to support Ford and check out all of 'the Ford GT's of the past on display...

View attachment 43182

https://news.classiccars.com/pebble-beach-concours-unveils-official-event-posters/

http://performance.ford.com/enthusi...ad-to-the-pebble-beach-concours-d-elegan.html

http://www.dbusiness.com/daily-news...to-Go-on-Display-Collectively-for-First-Time/

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-sho...delegance/news/a29374/ford-gt40-pebble-beach/

Maybe a GT Forum Dinner somewhere depending on the number of those planning on attending...

Also, if you are attending... Will you be bringing your GT?

Last edited:

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Jerry,

I'll be attending, and with GT!

GTED

Last edited:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
We will be there for Auto Week but we won't be attending the Concours on Sunday at Pebble Beach. We will be at the Concourso Italiano on Friday to support forum member ByeEnzo as he shows his Miura. Both Triheart, Canibl & I will have our GTs there. I'm sure WhiteGT16 will be there also but maybe with one of her Italian cars. She doesn't drive the FGT much. Heidi & I would love to visit you & Paula.

Special Ed

PS I just sent msgs to Dave Hellinge, Piana & BlackIce as they may also attend.

Last edited:

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
I will be there, but I am bringing my Z 8 for BMW's 100th. We will be on the Grass at the Quail as invited guests. Perhaps, I can meet some of you there? My Plate is New York LUV MYZ8.

Joe

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
I will be there for sure. GT is a definite maybe. I want to bring it and am leaning that way, but have the option of being flown up too.

Got a question in with my Ford contacts to see if they need my car for any displays. I'll lock in driving plans soon.

Last edited:

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I took my GT to the Concourso Italiano once but will not ever do that again... I paid extra to be in the exotic corral and when I arrived they would not allow me in after paying the money and having the proper corral tickets... they sent me down a very narrow cart path to the far end of the property. I scraped the bottom of my car in numerous places and have not been back since.

Well, maybe a few of us will cross paths during the week...

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
We will be there for Auto Week but we won't be attending the Concours on Sunday at Pebble Beach. We will be at the Concourso Italiano on Friday to support forum member ByeEnzo as he shows his Miura. Both Triheart, Canibl & I will have our GTs there. I'm sure WhiteGT16 will be there also but maybe with one of her Italian cars. She doesn't drive the FGT much. Heidi & I would love to visit you & Paula.

Special Ed

PS I just sent msgs to Dave Hellinge, Piana & BlackIce as they may also attend.

Ed,
I'll be entered in the Concorso Italiano also. It's on Saturday Aug.20. I'm taking the McLaren 650s this year. Hope the GT people will forgive me.
Tom Piana

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Tom - Oh ya, Saturday is the main day. I was getting a little mixed up as we have an early get together Friday evening at the Concourso for exhibitors & VIPs! I may see you there on Friday & Saturday! I am a paid VIP since I own no Italian cars. I will be wearing my Italian shoes though & hanging out with my Italian friend Canibl.

Awsum GT - I am taking the GT to Concourso Italiano but am avoiding the Exotic Car Corral as I have heard the it's not good parking. I will be parked in VIP parking both Friday evening & Saturday day. VIP parking is even opened an hour early to avoid the lines.

Ed

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
I'm doing my usual Car Week program: Quail on Friday, Historic at LS on Saturday, and PB on Sunday. Joe, I'll come by to your Z8 and say hi for sure at Quail.
I haven't been back to Consorso for quite a few years now...

GTED

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I will be there, but I am bringing my Z 8 for BMW's 100th. We will be on the Grass at the Quail as invited guests. Perhaps, I can meet some of you there? My Plate is New York LUV MYZ8.

Joe

We will be there at the Quail as well... As will the Mosing's! We will stop by too.

rsmithtax

GT Owner
Jun 1, 2012
los gatos. ca
ed sims. i am planning on taking my ford gt to pebble beach. how can i contact u. i am staying for most of the week in carmel. please contact me i missed you at the imsa race at leguna seca. i could only go sat. richard smith 408-446-5551

Voda

Aug 26, 2014
Las Vegas
Just decided I may make the trip. Won't be able to make it until Thursday evening, so will miss the Pebble Beach Concours Tour d'Elegance, which is really the best way to see the cars .... (actually see, hear, and smell them in motion....better than displayed on the lawn IMO).

Does anyone know if any of the GT40's will be running in heats or doing exhibition laps at the Historics?

LOVE CHP

GT Owner
May 30, 2007
Central Calif.
Sue and I will be there all week with our GT. Thursday Ocean Ave., Friday Quail., Sunday Concourse.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Ok so far it is

Awsum GT - Jerry
GTed
Ed Sims
JoeA2
Enzo Btr
Piana
RSmithTax
Voda
Love CHP - Richard

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Canibl & Triheart are AWOL. I have told both of them to wake up & look here but to no avail. They will be there but I hope they respond.

Ed

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
I'd love to come (with a set of wrenches in my car) but it all depends on the date....my wife and daughter will be getting back from Scotland on Aug 17th and I'd hate to be absent when they get back..

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Auto Week is Aug 15-21 so you may miss it this year canibl!

Ed

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
How many of you guys are bringing your GTs and are you showing them or just driving them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
I will be out there for car week. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to ship my GT out there. I'd also like to meet up with you folks and make some new GT friends.

Last edited:

glord

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Los Gatos California
I too will be at Quail Friday with my Z8